PDA

View Full Version : ARMS #50M-CV S.I.R. vs. TROY MRF-C

CPT1911
08-02-09, 20:11
I need a little help choosing a drop in free float rail for my Colt 6920. It seems like the S.I.R. systems don't get as much attention as TROY/LARUE/KAC, etc. I assume there is a good reason for that--but I noticed that the ARMS website says they were awarded a navy contract for the #50M-CV S.I.R. That made me more curious about their system. Does anyone have any experience with it that they could share with me? Any particular issues I should know about that makes the S.I.R. less popular? Thanks.

just to clarify, I am only looking at rails that don't require removal of the front sight base or barrel...

kwelz
08-02-09, 22:17
Troy would be the choice here. Although you should also look at the Daniel defense rails. they cost a bit more but are worth it.

CPT1911
08-02-09, 22:36
Troy would be the choice here. Although you should also look at the Daniel defense rails. they cost a bit more but are worth it.

Kwelz, does Daniel Defense make a FF drop in rail? I was under the impression that the FSB had to be removed to install all of their FF products.

kmrtnsn
08-02-09, 23:37
Have you looked at the vltor CASV free float system?

RAM Engineer
08-03-09, 00:05
Kwelz, does Daniel Defense make a FF drop in rail? I was under the impression that the FSB had to be removed to install all of their FF products.

The Daniel Defense Omega line of rails is FF drop in.

jchtrh
08-03-09, 23:17
I think the 50 M-CV rail is great, it is lightweight and very sturdy. AFAIK there is no reason why you shouldn't choose the ARMS Rails, I have had zero issues with mine.

I also have a couple DD Omega rails that are very nice and easy to install.

steeltoe
08-04-09, 01:31
Pics of the ARMS? How does it install?

jchtrh
08-04-09, 03:47
It is installed to the existing barrel nut with 6 hex screws and four locking screws.

Here are a couple pics of mine.

http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll415/jchtrh/DSC01748.jpg
http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll415/jchtrh/DSC01760.jpg

Here is info directly from the site. (http://www.armsmounts.com/default.asp?mode=sir)

rmecapn
08-04-09, 11:22
The Daniel Defense Omega line of rails is FF drop in.

Correct. And the Troy MRF rails are not drop-in systems. They require that the delta ring and spring be removed.

abwagner
08-04-09, 11:28
I was looking into the same topic regarding the arms rail but for a 20". Anyone have opinions for a 20" barrel. I like the arms rail looks tough and when mounted to the upper rail seems more aligned than one mounted to the barrel nut...or am I over thinking this?

steeltoe
08-04-09, 14:29
Thanks for the pics. I like it, especially the heatshield and optional rail placement.

ddemis
08-04-09, 14:36
I have the DD OMEGA rail on my RRA lar-15 and it is solid, free floating and when you tighten it up it aligns with your flat top upper receiver. A quality piece of equipment that has with stood several courses and looks great, check it out.

trappernana
08-04-09, 15:22
I love my #50 c I just bought it a couple months back and haven't had A single problem with it.I recently took an advance carbine course and going prone quickly and in other words beating the crap out of it, there were never anything to complain about. Use the supplied Lock-Tite and you shouln't have and problems.

CPT1911
08-04-09, 22:59
Thanks a lot for all of the input. I ended up going with a daniel defense omega 7.0 drop in free float.