PDA

View Full Version : EOD program on Military Channel last night

mtdawg169
01-31-07, 07:51
I caught the tail end of a program last night that went behind the scenes of EOD training. That job definitely takes a cool head. Those guys had some pretty tricked out SBR's. Magpul 93 stocks, Vltor CAS-V rails, looked like 10.5" bbls and Gripods. Very slick!:cool:

kbi
01-31-07, 08:17
Thats one channel I wish I had .

:(

Chris_C
01-31-07, 08:43
I watched it for a bit...Some of those robots were pretty cool. Simple techonology can go a long way.

I didn't see any of this:

http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/3565/88342369qy5.jpg

Glockster35
01-31-07, 14:30
I saw that it was on, but wasn't overly interested in Navy EOD...maybe I should have watched it afterall.

mtdawg169
01-31-07, 15:00
I saw that it was on, but wasn't overly interested in Navy EOD...maybe I should have watched it afterall.

I don't really know what capacity they are serving in overseas. I was under the impression they were on the ground in Iraq & a pretty elite group. I was honestly surprised that they were Navy guys. Didn't know that. What I have read about them was in regards to what rifles they carried & they were usually very well equipped with much better equipment than the average Joe.

Glockster35
01-31-07, 23:24
Maybe it was a different show, but I did see one listed last night that said Navy EOD...I would also assume (having been over there) that all the other services EOD units are about sturated with taskings, it only makes sence for the Navy to jump in and get experience/carry their load.

Anyone know for sure if they are on the ground in Iraq or elsewhere doing the job?

Rob96
02-01-07, 03:56
Maybe it was a different show, but I did see one listed last night that said Navy EOD...I would also assume (having been over there) that all the other services EOD units are about sturated with taskings, it only makes sence for the Navy to jump in and get experience/carry their load.

Anyone know for sure if they are on the ground in Iraq or elsewhere doing the job?

On the Military Channel show, footage was shown of them on the ground. From what I got of the show, Navy EOD are the only ones certified, capable of going out with spec op units.

mark5pt56
02-01-07, 06:59
They are a great group to work with. Always positive, they must have some good screening, haven't seen a "bad egg".

Glockster35
02-01-07, 09:31
I wonder how true that is, I know all branches are certified to a point, but they might have meant certified to maneuver with Special Forces types...I honestly don't know that much about EOD.

Rob96
02-01-07, 12:41
I wonder how true that is, I know all branches are certified to a point, but they might have meant certified to maneuver with Special Forces types...I honestly don't know that much about EOD.

From what I gathered from the show, Navy EOD goes through /combative/tactical training that the other branches don't.

Seth Harness
02-03-07, 15:20
That show has been on quite a bit over the past couple months. seen it a few times. Thats just good tv.
and yes i agree those weapons are tough.