PDA

View Full Version : Vickers Tactical 1911 Operator's Course: Feb 2010 - Omaha, NE

R.E.Schoening
08-03-09, 11:08
Course is cancelled!

Vickers Tactical: 1911 Operator’s Course

What: 1911 Operator’s Course by Larry Vickers.

Topics to be covered include safety, stance, sight alignment and trigger control. Familiarization with the 1911, field stripping maintenance, malfunctions, and troubleshooting. Other subject matter that is covered includes reloads, presentation, shooting positions, and introduction to different skill drills including dry fire and bullseye shooting. Timed fire drills and evaluations based on class skill level. Instruction on the development & history of the modern 1911, as well as suggested modifications.

**Course details from Larry: Vickers Tactical 1911 Operators Class:
“This class features 1911 specific range drills that highlight the differences of shooting a 1911 vs other handguns. Specific drills and courses of fire are used to allow the shooter to understand what shooting a 1911 is all about. The real unique part of this course that makes it stand out is the day two classroom portion. In this section we teach detailed disassembly, troubleshooting, recommended and not recommended modifications and look over each students 1911. If a problem is detected and can be fixed we will fix it on the spot. This will give students the knowledge and skills needed to identify and diagnose problems. Time permitting a return to the range on day two to reinforce what was taught wraps up this an intensive 1911 learning experience. This class is a must for anyone who wants to run a 1911 properly and is one of the most popular classes I teach."

When: Feb 13 & 14 2010 - Cancelled as of Jan 8th, 2010.Where: Omaha, NE

Openings: Class is limited to 16 students.

Tuition: 400.00

Weapon Requirements: You must shoot a 1911 variant handgun.

MISC:
•Serviceable 1911 handgun of at least 9mm Para caliber
•Serviceable holster
•Minimum 1 double magazine pouch (Ability to carry two spare mags - at a minimum) on body.
•Minimum of 3 serviceable magazines (5-8 is better)
•800 rounds of ammo
•Weapon cleaning & lubrication supplies
•Electronic hearing protection
•Eye Protection
•Suitable range wear depending on the season
•Weapon cleaning & lubrication supplies
•Good attitude

Any questions I may be able to help with let me know. I also can provide you with a list of local hotels.

Thanks,
Rob

Snake
10-21-09, 20:42
School willing, I might be able to make this.

R.E.Schoening
11-17-09, 23:45
Slots are starting to fill up, this one looks promising!

R.E.Schoening
11-24-09, 22:35
If you guys have any questions, shoot me a PM.

Thanks,
Rob

damongernentz
11-30-09, 10:44
This is a really great course...I would recommend it to anyone that is thinking about taking their skill to the next level with 1911 pistolsmithing. I went through about a year ago with Rob and Giff great guys. Glad to see you are still in it Rob.

Burton
12-15-09, 16:29
Hello,

I am interested in this course but could someone explain how this works for someone coming from another state? I will be supplied a weapon and can purchase ammo there correct? I can bring all the other supplies with me on the plane I think.

Thanks
Kory

R.E.Schoening
12-15-09, 21:56
Kory -
You do have to supply your own 1911 for the course.

Shoot me a PM with your email address and I'll get you some more details.

- Rob

R.E.Schoening
01-08-10, 22:45
Hi all -

The Operator's Course for Feb 2009 in Omaha is cancelled.

Thank you for the interest,
Rob

johnson
02-04-10, 12:07
Not enough interest?

R.E.Schoening
02-04-10, 12:17
Yep, we needed more guys!