PDA

View Full Version : Iran suspected in Compound raid

mtdawg169
01-31-07, 08:01
Iran is suspected of either training the operatives involved or directly carrying out the raid on a Karbala compound last week. If I recall the story right, 4 SUV's posing as Contractors and wearing US military style uniforms were allowed through a checkpoint by Iraqis and then into a US compound in Karbala last week. Several people were wounded at the site and 4 American soldiers were kidnapped. They were later found executed inside of 2 of the SUVs. It was reported by Iraqis at the checkpoint that the attackers spoke English and one of the men had blond hair.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/01/31/iraq.main/index.html

M4arc
01-31-07, 08:02
Iran is playing a dangerous game and I think it's about time we whacked their asses!

kbi
01-31-07, 08:24
M4arc we most definetly need to hit them in a manner that'll make them regret ever going after our people anywhere.

Perfect opportunity to use a couple MOAB's in my opinion.

M4arc
01-31-07, 08:31
M4arc we most definetly need to hit them in a manner that'll make them regret ever going after our people anywhere.

Perfect opportunity to use a couple MOAB's in my opinion.

I think sending a second aircraft carrier to the region might be some type of signal to them ;)

Nathan_Bell
01-31-07, 08:31
Need to apply a few tomahawks to Amadinajan's (its spellled wrong) bedroom. Make it very focused and personal to him.

Not THE solution, but one that would put a grin on my face.

Chris_C
01-31-07, 08:36
Need to apply a few tomahawks to Amadinajan's (its spellled wrong) bedroom. Make it very focused and personal to him.

We are not good at that sort of thing.

Its is stuff like this that makes me miss Ronald Reagan.

Quadaffi is still has an ice pack on his head from the bombing we gave him in the 80's. We targeted his kids, his military and him.

Iran wants us dead. We capture and release Iranians in Iraq who help plan attacks, we send Tony Snow in front of the TV to say we are 'talking about Iran' and we have several politicians on both the left and the right who want us to open up talks with Iran.

It is embarrassing.

mtdawg169
01-31-07, 11:03
I think it's very interesting how media discusses Iran in terms of "talks" but has up until now, completely ignored thier involvement in Iraq. Even when we capture 5 of thier elite forces guys in country. I miss Ronnie too.:(

Bolt_Overide
01-31-07, 12:29
Im still a fan of just saying **** it and nuking the bastards back into the stone age.

Chris_C
01-31-07, 12:31
Im still a fan of just saying **** it and nuking the bastards back into the stone age.

Part of me thinks that they would be OK with that...except the whole cell phone thing not being around anymore.

mtdawg169
01-31-07, 12:44
I honestly think we will not likely take any real action. Sooo... Last time I checked, borders in that region were sort of hard to identify. You know, mountainous terrain and all. How about this, anyone resembling an insurgent (i.e. armed with anything bigger than a slingshot) just gets blown to hell if they wander near the border region. To include any weapons shipments or personnel. If anyone bitches, "oops, I thought Iran was 15 miles thay way..." :eek: Better to just blow the crap out of them and not put guys on the ground at risk.

Rob96
01-31-07, 15:20
If we do get jiggy with Iran, prepare for stuff to happen here. Iran has formed an alliance Hugo Chavez and he will supply a way into the US for Irans terrorists. 3 Paki's have been nailed crossing the border with Venezuelaian passports. Not to mention that Hezbollah has been operating within the US for some time now. Many believe the Iranian networks are more sophisticated than the Al Queda networks and pose a greater danger.

Dave L.
01-31-07, 15:44
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o309/laninga66/Nuke.jpg

:D

VA_Dinger
01-31-07, 18:05
This should not really surprise anyone who is familiar with the history of the Middle East and post revolutionary Iran. Especially the Iranian Revolutionary Guards Corps who also have there own "Special Forces" units (Qods Force). These are the same units that had a part in bombing the U.S. Marine barracks and kidnapping of U.S. citizens in Lebanon. Not to mention providing training, weapons, intelligence, logistical, and even troops to support Hezbollah for the past thirty years. They have also provided this same support to Islamic forces in the Balkans for the past ten years. It does not surprise me that they have started operations in Iraq considering how much Iran has at stake. Iran does not want a U.S. ally on both its Eastern & Western borders.

Hell, the current president of Iran Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was a member of the Revolutionary Guards in the 1980’s.

Rmplstlskn
01-31-07, 18:24
All of this, and more to come in the future, only shows how we busted down the wrong door... (Iraq rather than Iran, the TRUE threat in the region)...

Iran is working on something big here in the US every day, no doubt. It all revolves around revealing the Hidden Imam.

The Secret History of Islamic Terrorism (http://www.wwyd.org/DOCS/RabbiRob/RabbiRob.htm)

Rmpl

Chris_C
01-31-07, 19:52
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o309/laninga66/Nuke.jpg

:D

Thats a refreashing sight to see, other sites are so pro terrorists and pro radical islam that they would ban you over such postings.

Dave L.
01-31-07, 20:06
What can I say, I just think Iran would be a much better place with a layer of Glass covering it:)

P.S. "Jihad Jane" Fonda should get a front-row seat when it all goes down.

Dave L.
01-31-07, 20:17
This should not really surprise anyone who is familiar with the history of the Middle East and post revolutionary Iran. Especially the Iranian Revolutionary Guards Corps who also have there own "Special Forces" units. These are the same units that had a part in bombing the U.S. Marine barracks and kidnapping of U.S. citizens in Lebanon. Not to mention providing training, weapons, money, intelligence, logistical, and even troops to support Hezbollah for the past thirty years. They have also provided this same support to Islamic forces in the Balkans for the past ten years. It does not surprise me that they have started operations in Iraq considering how much Iran has at stake. Iran does not want a U.S. ally on both its Eastern & Western borders.

Hell, the current president of Iran Mahmoud Ahmadinejad was a member of the Revolutionary Guards in the 1980’s.

Even though I feel we need to take certain action in Iran, I have to say DAMN- Dressing Up like American Forces and pulling off a Mission like that is Ballsy...and I have to respect that. They could have got in and blown themselves up like 2nd-rate brain-washed "martyrs", but they didn't; the mission was much more surgical than that. Those dudes were Professionals who are now most likely evaluating our response and or planning follow-on missions. Now we will see how our side responds.

Dave L.
01-31-07, 20:47
Even though I feel we need to take certain action in Iran, I have to say DAMN- Dressing Up like American Forces and pulling off a Mission like that is Ballsy...and I have to respect that. They could have got in and blown themselves up like 2nd-rate brain-washed "martyrs", but they didn't; the mission was much more surgical than that. Those dudes were Professionals who are now most likely evaluating our response and or planning follow-on missions. Now we will see how our side responds.

Oh man, I just found out those Iranians killed 5 Americans- I didn't know that when I wrote the above statement. I'm sure we will hunt them down and have the CIA cut off one finger at a time until they would rather be dead.

Bulldog1967
01-31-07, 21:53
Hopefully some SOFD-D types are on the trail. :mad:

Robb Jensen
01-31-07, 21:55
Hopefully some SOFD-D types are on the trail. :mad:

Yeah, something like that! ;)

rayray
01-31-07, 23:46
Iran is playing a dangerous game and I think it's about time we whacked their asses!

I agree.

Striker5
02-01-07, 08:07
I fully support surging in Iraq and hosing them down buuut, I think we have shot our wad in terms of national will and patience to turn around and take on Iran. At home over Christmas leave some people at my church and others expressed the idea that we should stop everything and come home - and this is in the very red state of Alabama! It really demotivated me. Average joe has no clue what this war is really about and why we must accept nothing less than total victory. The Administration is not getting the message out either because they are equally confused or no one has the balls to get on TV and call a spade a spade - "we are at war with militant Islam and all its supporters".

There are lots of social, political and religious factors here, but we CAN show muslims to work out their pissy ignorant rage in ways that do not involve attacking US citizens.

Rmplstlskn
02-01-07, 17:48
...they are equally confused or no one has the balls to get on TV and call a spade a spade - "we are at war with militant Islam and all its supporters".

If that is so, then we attacked the WRONG NATION. Iraq, with its SECULAR gov't and tyranny was about as "militant islam" as the pew-sitters in the back of the church are "hell-fire evangelists." Iran was the GREATER THREAT any way you look at it...

Many of those who do not approve of our selection of Iraq as the battleground against islamic militants are neither confused nor balless. Matter of fact, many may think you are the one confused... :rolleyes:

Rmpl

Striker5
02-03-07, 07:57
Many of those who do not approve of our selection of Iraq as the battleground against islamic militants are neither confused nor balless. Matter of fact, many may think you are the one confused...

Rmpl

I have a pretty good handle on the basic overview of the ME. The war against militant Islam transcends Iraq, Iran, Afghanistan, etc. These are all battlefields or potential battlefields in the greater war. My personal opinion is that Iraq is a stepping stone in simply having a centrally located base of operations in the ME.

Hate Iran all you want, there is no way we would have attacked them in 2001, 2002, or 2003. Up until Amadijackoff became strident there were hopes that the younger moderates might make a difference. It would be nice to destroy Iran. It would also be nice to summarily execute child molesters. Or get breakfast served all day at McDonald's.

The fact that dialled in individuals nurse a hatred for Iran does not deny the fact that many Americans have no concept of history or global politics when it comes to the West vs Islam. People (like my beloved Granny, for example) are purely ignorant or CONFUSED.

The fact that dialled in individuals nurse a hatred for Iran does not deny the fact that many Americans would rather sit around and watch "Will and Grace" then dedicate themselves to electing and supporting a government that supports nothing less than total victory. I won't even touch the Leftists who want to issue Bin Ladin an apology for our imperialist ways. BALLESS.

Maybe I did not communicate clearly enough in my first post.

Rmplstlskn
02-03-07, 22:43
Maybe I did not communicate clearly enough in my first post.

I got your point this time and we are like-minded. But I do question our political leaders understanding of militant islam and the mind of a muslim.

Sadly, unless something changes here in the US, we will be giving Iran the victory it could never get previously... that being Iraq. In effect, we will have STRENGTHENED militant Islam.

So, the point of this whole thread "could be" that we allow a nation state to attack us while in a state of war without any price, penalty or retribution.

Rmpl

Striker5
02-04-07, 07:19
Rmpl,

I just got done reading "The Devil's Guard", a book about former SS fighting with the Foreign Legion in Indochina in the 50's. While entertaining, I think the book is BS in terms of veracity and purpose (members of my branch of service crow about this book and seem to miss the fact that they LOST and that their systematic atrocity was a key factor in them getting booted out of the combat zone). I digress. Anyway, there is an episode where they capture some Russian advisers and after a long discussion, execute them and hide their bodies in a cave because of the potential consequences of turning them in. It makes me wonder about the Iranian connection to this attack.

There is no doubt in my mind what we should do if Iran is directly involved in attacking our military. But how would the public react? What course of action would they support?

The core issue of the GWOT and OIF is not war or terror, or even Islam. It's us. Who are we? What will we look like in 10 years? 50?

If we leave Iraq in defeat, the hooting and back-slapping the rags will engage in, the lofty rhetoric from the criminals and clowns that are Arab leaders, the enormous loss of face in the Middle East, the damage to our ability to have any credibility in terms of influencing their foreign policy - all this seems to be lost on Americans, even Conservatives. They just want to "bring us home" and are not looking one centimeter beyond that well-intentioned and honest platitude.

What sort of tradgedy would it take to galvanize the American people as 9/11 held our attention for about five minutes? Ugh, this stuff depresses me.

Anyway, thanks for giving my post a second look.

RENEA
02-05-07, 21:49
As much as I'd like to see the GWOT widened to include Iran I have to wonder about how we're doing in terms of ground troops and the ability to keep them supplied. Also the Quisling media in this country would have a field day with any actions against Iran.