PDA

View Full Version : DD VFG

lanceriley
08-04-09, 09:27
How come i've never heard feed back with regards to DD VFG? are they any good?

00leland00
08-04-09, 09:47
I'm not real big on VFG's, but they're good to go. Nice and grippy, lock up tight, waterproof storage. I think they're a little bulky, but that's just my opinion.

lanceriley
08-04-09, 10:13
bulky? compared to? I thought they were slimmer compared to the Larue F.U.G.

00leland00
08-04-09, 12:24
bulky? compared to? I thought they were slimmer compared to the Larue F.U.G.
You're probably right, I've never handled a FUG. I was comparing it to the KAC I had at one time. Just my opinion.

Kilo 1-1
08-04-09, 15:51
I used to use a KAC VFG, but once I got a hold of the DD one, I never went back. It attaches onto the rail similar to how the KAC goes on, but it's much more beefier and provides a better grip, not to mention storage for 2 batteries. I see it as an intermediate between the KAC grip and a Tango Down grip. It's easier to attach than the non-QD Tango down grip, but it's also a lot less expensive than their QD version. The A2 grip texture is also well executed as well. I like it for what it's worth, a lot better than the old KAC grip, and similar in terms of beefy grip to Tango Down.
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/5285/ddgrip.jpg

lanceriley
08-04-09, 23:34
hey! that's in FDE I thought they only made it in black!

Kilo 1-1
08-05-09, 15:14
They don't. I painted my grip.

JHC
08-05-09, 20:16
My son prefers his DD VTG to my Tango Down QD that cost twice as much. Seems like high quality gear.

lanceriley
08-05-09, 23:36
no wonder hahahah.

I opted for all black since DD VFG don't have FDE

TehLlama
08-09-09, 14:52
My opinions match Kilo1/1's. They are great grips for the purpose. I got mine used off a DD Carbine a whil back.

I will be buying one or two more. One will also be full length, the other will be modified somehow.

I can't wait to see what they come up with for a shortened grip; or if a GripPod could be adapted to run in it.

They do need to start making them in every MagPul primary color.
The combination of these with the offset light mounts is unbeatable, and if QD isn't a feature you need, I consider these better than the FUG.

lanceriley
08-11-09, 07:02
my DD VFG hasn't arrived yet. I wish they made something shorter.

Kilo 1-1
08-12-09, 21:14
Well, at least you get some battery storage with it being a bit longer than your stubby grips. It's a good piece of equipment and will serve you well.

lanceriley
08-12-09, 23:27
Im not LEO or Military... so.. I can keep the spare bat in the range bag :D