PDA

View Full Version : Kydex single mag, cuff carrier combo...

Turnkey11
08-05-09, 03:08
Ive got the idea to streamline my belt a little and emailed Raven Concealment about a single carrier like this, they said buy the two $40 pieces and screw them together. Id like to get something that is molded to carry a single Glock magazine on the right side of the body directly in front of a carrier for peerless 700's. Ive seen this done in leather, but prefer to stick with kydex as Im already using a raven concealment holster for the Glock 19. Any ideas?

fourXfour
08-05-09, 23:17
I presume this is for plainclothes work. This is one of the few times I would reccomend a Fobus product. I really like their cuff/mag Paddle holder. I know they work with regular peerless cuffs, but I'm not sure which one the 700's are.

You also mention this will be on your right side. Left handed? I'm not sure if the fobus comes in a lefty, but blade-tech & fist will do a custom holder for you. Their price will be similiar to Raven Concealment.

Turnkey11
08-07-09, 23:24
Normally I stay away from Fobus as well but Ill check it out. 700's are the standard chain cuffs with the double lock, I dont remember the hinged model number but never used them anyways.

HKGAMBIT
08-11-09, 04:33
Ive got the idea to streamline my belt a little and emailed Raven Concealment about a single carrier like this, they said buy the two $40 pieces and screw them together. Id like to get something that is molded to carry a single Glock magazine on the right side of the body directly in front of a carrier for peerless 700's. Ive seen this done in leather, but prefer to stick with kydex as Im already using a raven concealment holster for the Glock 19. Any ideas?

If you're up for it, you could probably make your own kydex rig... http://www.knifekits.com sells everything you would need to make it yourself...just a thought...it worked for me...

Reddevil
08-11-09, 05:47
I use the Fobus model to carry my Peerless hinged and one magazine for work. It conceals ok and fits the hinged model cuffs which are quite larger than S&W hinged models.

smp444
08-12-09, 13:35
Just took a pic of my Raven off-side set-up... sorry for the quality (phone pic).

I've been running this since around the beginning of this year after being very happy with my Raven Phantom holster. The footprint (on the belt) of Raven's stuff seems huge when you look at it, but in all sincere honesty, the stuff just disappears under as little as a t-shirt.

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd72/smp444/Rav1.jpg

I did previously run a Fobus mag/cuff paddle combo but the damn rivets pulled through within 3 months...