PDA

View Full Version : Sending a Care Package to Afghanistan - Need Suggestions

Race
08-05-09, 10:26
Our family is sending some care packages to some national guard troops (Infantry Battalion) in Afghanistan. A friend there said the guys could use:

- Starbucks Whole Bean Coffee

- Black Licorice

- Multivitamins

Can any of you that have been there give us some more suggestions? As for the multivitamins, anything in particular?

Magazines? Books? Tea? Other snacks, candy, gum? Do they allow Bibles to be sent? Anything else? Anything the women in particular could use?

What's the best way to send - U.S. Mail?

Thanks for any recommendations.

Race

ryanm
08-05-09, 10:36
Drink Mix, lots of drink mix (Propel berry mixed with hawaiian punch is awesome).

Maxim magazines, car mags, gun mags, fitness mags

Quench gum

Multivitamins are a tough call, most guys I know just use bodybuilding.com and build a stack.

Bibles are free and Chaplains are very good about getting them out (plus they have dandy ACU covers)

Teeth plaquers/Floss

Lamasil

Foot powder

US Priority mail works great (3-7 days)

Littlelebowski
08-05-09, 11:19
550 cord.

Rated21R
08-05-09, 12:12
Priority mail works great and it's flat rate if you use the standard size boxes. My wife sends me gum, jerkey, trail mix, baby wipes, hand sanitizer, single serve propel or drink mix (mostly sugar free stuff), the usual stuff. We are on the road a bunch so travel sizes are what I ask for and she does a great job. Any bit of mail is great. :D