PDA

View Full Version : Looks Like Daniel Defense Is Back Up

Submariner
08-05-09, 16:22
Taken from LF:

(Black Creek, GA) August 5th, 2009 – Following a difficult period of downsizing and furloughs, Daniel Defense, Inc. resumed normal operations at their state of the art manufacturing facility today. Recent drops in small arms sales had forced the Savannah area small arms manufacturer to balance out production and sales levels, resulting in nominal layoffs, and a week-long furlough for the majority of both manufacturing and administrative personnel.

The week-long furlough sparked a torrent of online discussions within the firearms community as many AR enthusiasts contemplated the ominous impact of a firearms manufacturer expressing difficulty in this economy. Everyone at Daniel Defense was elated by the amount of supportive, encouraging, and optimistic comments made by everyday shooters and enthusiasts. Jay Duncan, Vice President of Sales & Marketing spoke on this subject by saying, “We are very confident about our position in the market place, and feel our strong relationships with our dealers, distributors and most importantly our customers, will pull us through the other side of this difficult market shift. We are encouraged by the support of our customers and the firearms community, and will work diligently to continue providing the products and service that have earned their trust.”

Optimistic about Daniel Defense’s recovery from this unfortunate series of events, Marty Daniel, CEO and Founder of Daniel Defense clearly expressed his combined empathy for those who lost their jobs, and confidence in the professional skills of the fine personnel that fill Daniel Defense’s payroll. “Layoffs are very personal, so we did our best to avoid layoffs as long as we could. Unlike simply turning off a machine, our employees’ families, income and way of life were dramatically complicated. Our employees are our most important asset, and there isn’t a single employee laid off that we aren’t working to get back. We hired the most hard working, and skilled designers, programmers, operators and assemblers in the industry. As we restructure ourselves to address demand and market status in the most fiscally responsible manner possible, our primary goal is to bring as many of these fine people back to work.”

Daniel Defense is poised for continued successful operations as they continue steady production of the Daniel Defense DDXV Carbine, a lightly accessorized version of the acclaimed DDM4 Carbine.

In addition, to meet market demands for a shorter version of the new Omega X 12.0 rail system, Daniel Defense has released Version 2 of the DDM4 Carbine – The DDM4v2. This top-tier rifle includes all the same features and benefits of the DDM4, but is equipped with a 7 inch version of the Omega X rail system.

In response to these recent events, Daniel Defense continues their commitment to providing shooters with the most dynamic and valuable small arms solutions available by properly balancing the utmost in quality and tactical engineering with considerate pricing structures.

S/F

Pat sends
www.eagtactical.com

Irish
08-05-09, 16:25
Good news! Hope they keep climbing the ladder...

Outlander Systems
08-05-09, 16:28
Picked up the Omega I'd been waiting for yesterday at a local dealer. I'd been stashing funds for a new optic, but DD's downturn prompted me to go ahead and move the rail off the back burner of the kit list.

Amazing piece of kit. Shouldn't have waited as long as I did for this.

I believe my next roscoe will have a DD rollmark.

jchtrh
08-05-09, 16:51
That is great news!

Rated21R
08-06-09, 01:10
I wonder when we will see those new DDM4s?

Spoon
08-06-09, 01:19
Good news, I hope to get a DD XV soon.

SWATcop556
08-06-09, 01:46
Good to hear. My plans to add a DDM4 and a DD XV to my collection has moved to the front of the line. I always try to support USA Made!! :cool:

Mark71
08-06-09, 01:46
Great news! Thanks for the info.

rjacobs
08-06-09, 10:54
Didnt the original article from last week say it was only going to be a week long furlough? Kind of like the US automakers idling plants for a month or two early this year.

Glad to see them back up and running again, I am sure they will get through this. I have an M4 and love it, I have sold several people on them after letting them handle and shoot it.

CharlieMike
08-06-09, 11:31
Excellent. I just purchased one of their lowers. Hopefully, I'll pick it up tomorrow morning and I expect it to be as well made as their other products.

civilian
08-06-09, 11:39
Took a look at a more bare bones M4 offered by the company yesterday down at VA Arms and it looked like a solid product. Hope they continue to pull out of their financial difficulties.

diving dave
08-06-09, 12:26
That is great news..And product is going out also. The 12 in. DD rail for my 6.8 build finally came in after months of waiting. DD is a great comapany.

Sam
08-06-09, 14:28
UPS just brought a package containing the DD 12" M4 handguard for my SPR assembly. I have the lite rail 7.0, Omega 7.0 and 12" Omega X rail on other uppers, this 12" M4 variant is really a nice and lightweight piece.

BAC
08-06-09, 15:03
Great news all around! And yay for a shorter Omega X rail. If they make a middy (9") Omega X I'll be tickled shitless.

-B