PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have experience with...

Dave L.
01-31-07, 17:50
Anyone have experience with either the JP/V-Tac Modular hand Guard or the PRI GenIII Carbon fiber FF Tube?

Really would like input on:

How solid is the attachment method?

How does it handle extreme heat from barrel/gas tube?

Diameter of tubes(are they large enough to fit over a lo-pro gas block)?

Comfortable to use?

Which is actually more modular?

Difficulty to install?

I want to say I like what I see in the V-Tac, the materieals, construction, and value seem like the way to go. I don't like the price of the PRI and the fact I would have to buy a swan sleeve to get the "continuous top rail".

Thanks,
Dave

joe long
02-01-07, 14:26
RainingBrass,

I've been running the V-Tac for about two years. I haven't had any problems or complaints. It is no more difficult to install than any other tube I have screwed on a rifle, it just takes a bit more time. The portion of the tube that screws onto the receiver has to be loctited into place and needs to sit for about eight hours before you install the barrel and tighten the barrel nut. Other than that, it's no big deal. I can't comment on the PRI because I have never owned one. Like you, the price turns me away. I'm sure the tube is excellent quality, but I can't justify spending that much money on it when the V-tac works as good as it does. The V-tac is definitely modular. You can put as many rails as you want where you want. I know it will go over the Badger Ordnance low profile gas block. Haven't tried any others yet.

Joe

Dave L.
02-01-07, 20:40
RainingBrass,

I've been running the V-Tac for about two years. I haven't had any problems or complaints. It is no more difficult to install than any other tube I have screwed on a rifle, it just takes a bit more time. The portion of the tube that screws onto the receiver has to be loctited into place and needs to sit for about eight hours before you install the barrel and tighten the barrel nut. Other than that, it's no big deal. I can't comment on the PRI because I have never owned one. Like you, the price turns me away. I'm sure the tube is excellent quality, but I can't justify spending that much money on it when the V-tac works as good as it does. The V-tac is definitely modular. You can put as many rails as you want where you want. I know it will go over the Badger Ordnance low profile gas block. Haven't tried any others yet.

Joe

Joe, are you saying if the locktite comes loose you would have remove the barrel and reinstall it all over again?

Robb Jensen
02-01-07, 21:00
Joe, are you saying if the locktite comes loose you would have remove the barrel and reinstall it all over again?

It won't come loose, you use a lot. Personally I like the new VTAC JP tube better than my old school JP tube. It's much more rigid and stable.