PDA

View Full Version : new le6920s

buzby
01-31-07, 17:59
i ordered a colt le6920 from kneseke guns 3 months ago, and they said it was on back order for a month. they still don't have any, and seems few dealers do. i know they have military obligations, but i'm getting tired fo waiting. does anyone have them in stock or know when colt will ship more?

VA_Dinger
01-31-07, 18:25
I think you just got unlucky. kneseke guns did have some in stock very recently, they just sold out quickly. Most them went to guys who had been on their waiting list for 8-10 months.

I would contact G&R Tactical. They are a Colt dealer now.

magsig
01-31-07, 18:38
I don't have their number...but you might try Bachman Pawn in Dallas...they had several at a Houston gun show a couple of weeks ago...several other dealers had them as well...also try AJC sports?

f.2
01-31-07, 20:34
Specialized Armament (http://www.specializedarmament.com/catalog/Law_Enforcment-6-0.html). I believe if you get their reliability package on a Colt purchased from them it's only $100.00 (compared to $150.00).

...does anyone have them in stock or know when colt will ship more?

Crash
01-31-07, 21:29
I'm in the same boat. I put in my order through Larry in mid October. Last I talked to him, about 2 weeks ago, they had their orders filled through August. That means I'll have to get through the September list, and the first half of October. What I'm wondering is if Colt is still producing/shipping 6920s or have they moved on?

Robb Jensen
01-31-07, 21:33
I'm in the same boat. I put in my order through Larry in mid October. Last I talked to him, about 2 weeks ago, they had their orders filled through August. That means I'll have to get through the September list, and the first half of October. What I'm wondering is if Colt is still producing/shipping 6920s or have they moved on?

I'm pretty sure that Colt makes the 6920 constantly, and when they have an overrun is when you see then available on the civilian market.

buzby
01-31-07, 21:39
i called knesek the other day and they had no answers for me. i'd like to buy from them they have the best price i've found so far at $1,175! but i'd like to know that colt is still trying to fill orders

sparrow
01-31-07, 23:02
I spoke with the Colt Canada LE Rep. late last year and he mentioned they were seriously backordered trying to fill US LE orders of 6920s, he said in addition to Colt USA they were making them as fast as they could.

JG1911
02-06-07, 16:57
Buzby,
Last communication I had with them (1/26) said they have been receiving them in from Colt about every two weeks and have filled orders up to Aug2006. I placed my order mid-Aug and my rifles should come out of the next shippment, according to them. If Colt stays on its current track, that above may be able to help you get an ETD on your order.

I called to make sure my order was in during Sept'06 (my computer blew up last year and I lost the info)... The lady who checked said they had A LOT of orders. Its a good price if you don't mind waiting and at least kneseke tells you up front... Some just string you along with new dates instead of just saying they don't know. Plus, they don't ask for a deposit, which is nice of them.

ETA: Sorry, I didn't see Crash's post.

Crash
02-15-07, 20:28
Buzby,

I got tired of waiting for mine. I put in an order through Specialized Armament. They are the only ones that seem to have them in stock. The price is 1395, but hopefully, I'll have my rifle next week. I checked with Grant, but he was out of stock also. I'm still going to keep my order in with Larry, if it comes through, I'll pick up a second at the lower price. At this point though, I'm not holding my breath.

Good luck.

Crash
02-22-07, 20:22
Just an update for anyone that was following this thread. I received my 6920 this afternoon. I'm very happy with the purchase, and also happy that I didn't wait. My Bushmaster M4 may be going up for sale shortly, I can't decide about that.

I left my order in with Larry, I'll just pick up a second 6920 if/when his supply comes through. For what it's worth, Tina at SAW advised that they had roughly 44 6920s in stock as of Tuesday.

Good luck to anyone shopping for one.

Crash
03-04-07, 13:19
I received my 6920 and Vickers 2-Point sling, thought you guys might like to see it. I think I'll run it in the "low drag" configuration. I just love that look.
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r193/Crash_1/DSC01179.jpg

I have a 2nd one on order, that one will carry my M3. I have tasted the Kool-Aid, and the Kool-Aid is good.

tinman44
03-04-07, 19:21
Buzby,

I got tired of waiting for mine. I put in an order through Specialized Armament. They are the only ones that seem to have them in stock. The price is 1395, but hopefully, I'll have my rifle next week. I checked with Grant, but he was out of stock also. I'm still going to keep my order in with Larry, if it comes through, I'll pick up a second at the lower price. At this point though, I'm not holding my breath.

Good luck.

Specialized armament went up 100 bucks :mad:

lindertw
03-06-07, 15:24
Specialized armament went up 100 bucks :mad:

I picked up my 6920 today (ordered from SAW last week, guess I beat the price increase); heading to the range tomorrow to sight it in. I went with their reliability package too - not sure what all they do with the trigger group, but it's nice.

buzby
03-07-07, 17:13
i ended up getting a 6920 from code4lesales.com, price was higher than knesek. $1,399 plus shipping and a $40 surcharge for using a credit card! oh well, at least i've got it. i'm very happy with it, fit and finish is as nice as i've seen, definitely glad i spent a little extra for the colt. :D

tinman44
03-07-07, 19:13
i ordered a colt le6920 from kneseke guns 3 months ago, and they said it was on back order for a month. they still don't have any, and seems few dealers do. i know they have military obligations, but i'm getting tired fo waiting. does anyone have them in stock or know when colt will ship more?

i figured i would get on this waiting list as well, but i cant find a kneseke site referrenced anywhere. can someone provide a link or a way to get on this waiting list?

lindertw
03-07-07, 19:17
http://www.knesekguns.com/price.php#7

Reyn
03-08-07, 15:12
AR-15 sales states they have some in stock.Havent confirmed. I got one from Code4lesales for 1200 shipped officer price. CDNN had some last week in stock for 1399 civ price. GT distributors said they are on backorder for 6-14months.

tinman44
03-09-07, 02:07
AR-15 sales states they have some in stock.Havent confirmed. I got one from Code4lesales for 1200 shipped officer price. CDNN had some last week in stock for 1399 civ price. GT distributors said they are on backorder for 6-14months.

i dont believe thats true across the country, local dealer said at end of year he gets 100 or so

Greenbean
03-09-07, 06:44
I received my 6920 and Vickers 2-Point sling, thought you guys might like to see it. I think I'll run it in the "low drag" configuration. I just love that look.
http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r193/Crash_1/DSC01179.jpg

I have a 2nd one on order, that one will carry my M3. I have tasted the Kool-Aid, and the Kool-Aid is good.

Whats the "Low Drag" configuration,

Army Chief
03-09-07, 23:38
Whats the "Low Drag" configuration,

Looks to me like "low drag" = stock furniture, iron sights, a simple sling and few, if any, bolt-ons. Granted, I think that is sufficiently obvious as to not really answer the question you might truly have been asking, but I always find it instructive that you find some of the simplest weapons in the hands of some of the most qualified operators. I think there is something to the idea that range time and training ammo will always trump the latest new rail system or flashy new optic.

Not saying the latter don't have their place, of course, but if a rifleman isn't hitting with a base configured carbine, I don't see things improving simply because he chooses to pick up something from every page of the Knights / Aimpoint / LaRue / EOTech / DD / VLTOR / Magpul / TD / ... catalog. There is some GREAT gear out there, but first things first.

Chief

Crash
03-10-07, 00:47
Looks to me like "low drag" = stock furniture, iron sights, a simple sling and few, if any, bolt-ons. Granted, I think that is sufficiently obvious as to not really answer the question you might truly have been asking, but I always find it instructive that you find some of the simplest weapons in the hands of some of the most qualified operators. I think there is something to the idea that range time and training ammo will always trump the latest new rail system or flashy new optic.

Not saying the latter don't have their place, of course, but if a rifleman isn't hitting with a base configured carbine, I don't see things improving simply because he chooses to pick up something from every page of the Knights / Aimpoint / LaRue / EOTech / DD / VLTOR / Magpul / TD / ... catalog. There is some GREAT gear out there, but first things first.

Chief

Army Chief,

I'm not sure that I could improve upon that reply. Very well said. I had planned on posting a thread entittled "The phases of AR ownership", in which I talk about my first AR build, and how when I was finished with the base assembly, my non-gun owning friend remarked about how light it was. Consumed by my zeal to have all the lights/lazers/rails/vert. grips/battery compartement/etc.... By the time I was finished with it, when he came over to see the completed project, he then remarked about how much heavier it was than before. I think reality got lost in my lust to have the "high speed wonder rifle".

After thousands and thousands of rounds down range, and not nearly enough training, I realized that I shoot much better without the vert grip. And most of the other crap was just slowing me down. Also, there just isn't a rifle in the world that looks as good as a stock M4, IMHO. I don't mean to offend anyone that has a decked out rifle, but I've learned there is a big difference between having it, and knowing how to use it. $500 in components won't help me become a better shooter nearly as much as taking a class from Thunder Ranch or EAG.

I don't pretend to have the wisdom that some on this site have, but I have just enough wisdom to listen when they speak. ;)

When the dust settles, my plan is to have:
1. Stock 6920 with Vickers 2-Point Sling
2. 6920 with Larue mounted M3, Troy BUIS, Vickers 2-Point Sling
3. 6920 with Larue mounted TA31, Troy BUIS, Vickers 2-Point Sling

Kisara
03-11-07, 23:31
I'm in Las Vegas monthly and always make quick rounds to the better known stores. I've never seen a 6920 go for less than $1500, and more importantly: I've never seen one with 100% Colt parts! Non-Colt upper, barrel, bolt/bolt carrier, non-milspec diameter stock and tube, no side sling swivel. Unscrupulous shops are swapping the factory parts out.

Know what to look for, and only deal with reputable sellers.

Crash
03-12-07, 16:57
WOW...

And a buddy of mine was asking why I never purchase used over the internet. I've ordered mine through Specialized Armament Warehouse and Knesek Guns.
Thanks for the heads up, I'll continue this practice.