PDA

View Full Version : Vltor Emod Wiggle?

No Bananas
08-05-09, 20:44
I have a Milspec tube (yes, I'm sure). I just got my Vltor Emod Stock. After installing it, it has a little side to side wiggle. About 1/16-1/8 of an inch. It is noticeable. I thought the fit would be a little tighter.

I checked my receipt to ensur ethat it was for a Milspec Emod. It is. I looked in the Emod manual which said that the Milspec models will be marked inside the storage compartement with an M in the most forward circle. That there is no M marking for commercial.

I looked in the compartment and there is an M marking, but in the rear most circle. ?????

My buffer tube isn't a Vltor model, but I thought it didn't have to be. Is there normally a little wiggle in these stocks?

militarymoron
08-05-09, 21:15
in my experience, the EMODs have been a bit on the tight side when new, rather than loose. they actually took a bit of breaking in.

No Bananas
08-05-09, 21:39
Just tried it on a Buddy's Vltor tube. Wiggles just the same. I think I'll contact Vltor:mad:.

Mr.Goodtimes
08-05-09, 23:06
when i first got mine, it was VERY tight. It has a little wiggle now though, none side to side or up and down but a little forward/backward and you can twist it left and right just a tiny bit.

I'm very happy with my stock.

mhall
08-05-09, 23:23
i have a black one on a colt tube and it has a little side to side and about the same up and down movement. i bought a foliage green one and it fits so tight on the same tube it will take some breaking in. what little movement i get with the black one is significantly less than the original stock. i love mine as well.

No Bananas
08-05-09, 23:40
What's so wierd to me is that the manual clearly says that a "M" will appear in the forward most circle for the Milspec stocks, and the commercial stocks have NO "M" at all. This is in the storage compartment of the EMod.

My Emod has an 'M" but in the rear-most circle. ???????:confused::confused:

Anyway, I'll see what Vltor has to say.

87GN
08-05-09, 23:54
Dude, that's totally normal, if you want a stock with zero wiggle action get a Magpul CTR, but there is not a better stock on the market than the EMod, in my opinion.

kmrtnsn
08-06-09, 00:05
I just installed a Vltor EMOD on my rifle and with a light coat of Duracoat on the receiver extension the fit is tight, So much so that I am probably going to have to take some 400 grit to the paint.

spamsammich
08-06-09, 00:14
Dude, that's totally normal, if you want a stock with zero wiggle action get a Magpul CTR, but there is not a better stock on the market than the EMod, in my opinion.

I agree, totally normal on a Vltor tube. You want a really snug fit, put it on a LMT tube. No, not all milspec tubes are created equal. Vltor tubes are consistently loose with EMods in my experience, but not enough that I would notice it when I was putting rounds down range. Just shoot the gun.

kmrtnsn
08-06-09, 00:29
Mine is mounted on a Bravo Company extension.

No Bananas
08-06-09, 00:45
Mine is mounted on a Bravo Company extension.

That's where I got mine.

grunz
08-06-09, 01:46
Mine was a little bit loose on a Noveske mil-spec buffer tube. I put some electrical tape on the buffer tube (top of tube and around the back of the pin slot channel thing) and now its very tight. Oddly enough I don't ever move the Emod now as I found it suits me best collapsed full in.

RAM Engineer
08-06-09, 06:19
Mine was tight on a Daniel Defense tube.

RD62
08-06-09, 08:07
Every mil-Spec EMOD I have used or installed has been tight on the RE out of the box. Those on a VLTOR RE have been real tight!

I'd contact the dealer or VLTOR.

-RD62

sewvacman
08-06-09, 08:26
I have mine on my LMT tube w/ just a tiny bit of wiggle, not much. I have the LMT stock on a VLTOR tube and there is the usual bit of wiggle. I love my Emod but I believe all stocks should lock up like the CTR, just makes common sense IMO.

No Bananas
08-06-09, 08:33
Mine was a little bit loose on a Noveske mil-spec buffer tube. I put some electrical tape on the buffer tube (top of tube and around the back of the pin slot channel thing) and now its very tight. Oddly enough I don't ever move the Emod now as I found it suits me best collapsed full in.

I'm going to contact Vltor, first. However, I might try this if all else fails. Thanks for the tip.

evileyeswatchin
08-06-09, 08:54
Mine is tight on a LMT tube

No Bananas
08-06-09, 13:34
Well, I spoke with Blaine (spelling) at Vltor this morning. Very helpful guy. Blaine explained that as long as there is an “M” in the storage compartment somewhere, that it’s a milspec. He explained that this amount of play or wiggle is standard, due to many manufacturers. He furthered that many manufactures have slight variances within milspec, and that Vltor stocks can also. It does not mean that either is out of spec, but may mean the tube is on the smaller side of ins-pec or vice versa. Of course, some lucky folks could find they have a tube on the small side of spec and a stock on the wide side of spec. Anyway, it makes clear and logical sense to me. He recommended that I give the stock a chance to break in, and that (even though there is a wobble) it may break in fine. He said that the electrical tape was not a bad idea if the wiggle was bothering me. I think I’ll give the tape a try.

shadco
08-06-09, 14:20
Mine was tight on a Daniel Defense tube.

Mine just the slightest bit loose on a DD Milspec RE

tr1kstanc3
08-06-09, 18:36
Slight wiggle in mine on LMT milspec tube. The SOPMOD has no wiggle. I like both still.

SPM14430
08-06-09, 23:17
My Emod had some wiggle on two different VLT0R extensions tubes. This leads me to believe there are slight variances in the Emod stocks themselves.

I have since moved on to the LMT Sopmod stock.

No Bananas
08-07-09, 00:38
Used the electrical tape. Nice and tight. Perfect fix.

82ndtrooper
08-07-09, 12:48
Mine is tight on a LMT tube

Same here.

When I originally ordered the MIl Spec extension from Bravo Company they where sending out LMT extensions. My EMOD fits it's perfectly. There is a bit of wiggle, but not enough to get me excited over. It's tight.