PDA

View Full Version : New AR 9mm project, which mag block to use?

Ricci1165
01-31-07, 19:18
Looking to build a 9mm carbine from an extra RR lower I have....question is, which mag block to use?....looking for reliability here and ease of magazine purchases. Thank you in advance......:confused:

AR-15A3
01-31-07, 20:09
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y232/Alpha-Romeo3/Hunting/RRA9mmA4CARWBG.jpg
My all RRA A4 16" 9mm carbine with Hahn top load mag block, Ace M4 SOCOM buttstock and Colt 32 rd mag.

To pick your mag block find out what type of magazines you want to use either Colt type, Uzi, Sten or others.

In my case I like the Colt type mags better because of their bolt hold open last shot feature.

With the Colt type mags you could pick between the RRA mag block or what I did was used a Hahn top loading mag block.

Hahn have three mag block models, a dedicated model which you have to remove the roll pin of your bolt catch then install the block and replace the roll pin, this model is a bolt hold open type.

Another Hahn model is the top loading which I have but it doesn't come with the bolt hold open but I was told that it could be modified to add that feature.

The third last Hahn model is the bottom loading mag block which also have a bolt hold open feature.

Another Colt type mag block is the RRA but I heard that it needs a little tweaking to work.

Uzi unmodified mags use the V M Hy Tech mag block www.vmhytech.com .

Sten mags I'm not too familiar with I think Olympic Arms upper are used with SOCOM Manufacturing magazine block.

Like I said before I like the Colt mag system because of the bolt hold open feature when I modify my Hahn mag block and I picked it because I know that C Products are going to release a lower priced $29.95 stainless steel with black finish Colt clone mags.

BTW the C Products stainless Colt type mags had been released just today.

C Products, LLC 32 round Stainless Steel 9mm magazine website link (http://64.68.152.84/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=cp&Category_Code=9mm)