PDA

View Full Version : PRI GB Charging Handle W/Tac-latch

Dave L.
01-31-07, 19:48
Has anyone ever tried installing a Badger Ord. Tac-Latch in a PRI GB Charging Handle? I'm a lefty- the tac-latch really helps doing drills but I always wear out the right side of standard aluminum CH's because of the unequal pressure. I thought since the PRI is Steel and way more solid, I could have my cake and eat it too.

Robb Jensen
01-31-07, 19:54
The PRI is aluminum, with that said I like the PRI big latch that's on the Gas Buster.

Grant said he has a steel Gas Buster but I've never seen one myself.

Dave L.
01-31-07, 20:35
The PRI is aluminum, with that said I like the PRI big latch that's on the Gas Buster.

Grant said he has a steel Gas Buster but I've never seen one myself.

Well, I just ordered one from Grant (based on the "steel" factor). I wont know if I like the big latch until i get it- The reason I like the tac-latch is because when I flip the AR ejection port down (in my left hand), it is easy to charge the weapon with the bottom of my right hand.

Mr. Sush
02-01-07, 01:12
I have used the PRI GB charging handle. IMO, costs way too much for not much. The "Gas Buster" feature doesn't work all that well and I felt that the latch profile was too low to allow easy, quick manipulation. Also, no, the Badger Ord. Tac Latch will not install on the PRI GB.

Dave L.
02-01-07, 03:39
Will the PRI Mil. Fat latch install on a standard charging handle?

TimW
02-01-07, 12:52
I am a lefty. I don't like the BO TacLatch (big one). The PRI latch that comes on the gas buster is fine and doesn't get caught on stuff.

Dport
02-01-07, 15:00
I am a lefty. I don't like the BO TacLatch (big one). The PRI latch that comes on the gas buster is fine and doesn't get caught on stuff.
I agree with Tim on all accounts.

Cold Zero
02-01-07, 15:17
Is the slightly more expensive ($3) p.r.i. gas buster with military big latch the one that is steel?:confused:

Dave L.
02-01-07, 20:36
Grant says the PRI's are Aluminum, but he had one marked "steel" and that is where the confusion came from.