PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here filed a FedEx Claim Before?

Razorhunter
08-06-09, 16:42
FedEx was kind enough to inform me today, that they lost my $1700 upper, and now I might have to file a claim, if the package doesn't turn up soon.
IF it doesn't turn up, I'm betting someone stole it.

The FedEx rep on the phone DID just tell me that they WOULD replace the item, or pay me for it's full value, but I'll believe that when I see it.
Here's the kicker. The receipt I have shows a "claimed value" of only $450, but I told the FedEx lady it had a $1700 value. (she filled out this part of the form however, and it has HER handwriting in that spot)
As I said however, 1800 Go FEDEX just told me that they would replace the item, OR refund it's full value, if the item doesn't turn up within 24hrs.
They have issued me a TRACE NUMBER, and are supposedly "immediately" looking into the matter.
I cannot believe these idiots could lose a 5 FOOT TALL box (I shipped the upper in a long hard case)
I bet someone stole it actually.

Has ANYONE here ever been through this with FedEx claims before?
I sure hope I don't have a problem due to the damn FedEx lady writing only a "$450 declared value" , DESPITE the fact that she was told it was a $1700 item.
We even had to OPEN UP THE BOX and SHOW the FedEx lady the actual upper, to PROVE to her it was what we said it was.
So I KNOW I have proof that I physically SHOWED the upper to her.

What say guys? Will FedEx make good, or will they shaft me?

Iraqgunz
08-06-09, 17:17
I had FEDEX lose my body armor and accessories a few years back. The important thing was to work with the company that shipped it. They contacted FEDEX and worked everything out. About 5 days later I received my new shipment. IN your case I would definitely contact the shipper and get them involved with the process. They will also be able to verify the value of the item.

FedEx was kind enough to inform me today, that they lost my $1700 upper, and now I might have to file a claim, if the package doesn't turn up soon.
IF it doesn't turn up, I'm betting someone stole it.

The FedEx rep on the phone DID just tell me that they WOULD replace the item, or pay me for it's full value, but I'll believe that when I see it.
Here's the kicker. The receipt I have shows a "claimed value" of only $450, but I told the FedEx lady it had a $1700 value. (she filled out this part of the form however, and it has HER handwriting in that spot)
As I said however, 1800 Go FEDEX just told me that they would replace the item, OR refund it's full value, if the item doesn't turn up within 24hrs.
They have issued me a TRACE NUMBER, and are supposedly "immediately" looking into the matter.
I cannot believe these idiots could lose a 5 FOOT TALL box (I shipped the upper in a long hard case)
I bet someone stole it actually.

Has ANYONE here ever been through this with FedEx claims before?
I sure hope I don't have a problem due to the damn FedEx lady writing only a "$450 declared value" , DESPITE the fact that she was told it was a $1700 item.
We even had to OPEN UP THE BOX and SHOW the FedEx lady the actual upper, to PROVE to her it was what we said it was.
So I KNOW I have proof that I physically SHOWED the upper to her.

What say guys? Will FedEx make good, or will they shaft me?

30 cal slut
08-06-09, 17:23
fedex requires you to jump through some hoops in the event that a package has been damaged.

but if it's missing altogether, make sure you have documentation (receipt) of what you paid for it.

i'm not quite sure what will happen if you claim $1,700 loss but the airbill only listed $450 coverage if i'm reading your post correcly. :confused:

if you have all your documentation in a row, fedex is, in my experience, fairly prompt with insurance claims. be thorough and document everything, get the e-mail addy of the claims rep you are talking to. they do take e-mails for supporting claims materials.

Razorhunter
08-06-09, 18:02
IraqGunz,
I'm not sure who you are referring to by "shipper"?
I AM the shipper. I privately sold an upper online, and shipped it via FedEx/Kinkos.
(unless you meant KINKOS?)
FedEx/Kinkos is aware of this matter, but it's not really in their hands. 1800GO FEDEX is handling the issue, and I am supposed to contact them back 24hrs after I received my "TRACE #". (tomorrow afternoon 24hrs will be up)
As of now, it SEEMS as if they are going to compensate me for my loss, and I do have all my paperwork in order.
We'll see what happens.

Thomas M-4
08-06-09, 18:03
Nevermind..

chadbag
08-06-09, 18:46
If you as the shipper put down 1700 as the declared value when you shipped it, and they admit it is lost, you will get your money plus the shipping fees (probably minus the insurance charge).

I ship through Fedex all the time and when they admit to losing it is no sweat. But they will only replace or refund based on the declared value. Do you have a copy of your airbill?

When they lose it and don't admit it (like they show it delivered but was delivered to wrong address etc) then it is harder.

You also need to be able to prove somehow what its replacement value is. Just showing your ad you sold it through and your invoice or receipt you wrote for it to the guy who bought it should be enough. I have never had to show more than my invoice copy.

Chad

chadbag
08-06-09, 18:50
What happens is the lady on the phone takes info, and then sends you the forms already filled out for you to fill in more info and sign etc and fax or mail back with any supporting docs.

So if she wrote 450 in there, cross it out and put 1700 as long as the airbill says 1700. Include a copy of your airbill, your ad, your receipt for the guy, etc.

Iraqgunz
08-06-09, 18:50
My bad, I misunderstood. I thought that you purchased an upper and it never arrived. In your case I would look for the original purchase paperwork (if possible) of the upper.

I would be that this is a case of "inside theft". It has happened in the past and I believe there was a high profile case of some guys pilfering handguns and selling them.

IraqGunz,
I'm not sure who you are referring to by "shipper"?
I AM the shipper. I privately sold an upper online, and shipped it via FedEx/Kinkos.
(unless you meant KINKOS?)
FedEx/Kinkos is aware of this matter, but it's not really in their hands. 1800GO FEDEX is handling the issue, and I am supposed to contact them back 24hrs after I received my "TRACE #". (tomorrow afternoon 24hrs will be up)
As of now, it SEEMS as if they are going to compensate me for my loss, and I do have all my paperwork in order.
We'll see what happens.

loupav
08-07-09, 10:04
Fortunately I have never had FedEx loose a package from me. But UPS lost plenty of mine! From Barns and Nobel, Surefire etc.

Contact the shipper and they need to make the claim. I would suggest keeping a log of who you talked to when and what the out come was. I wish I did that for my Surefire claim. Good luck to you.

Palmguy
08-07-09, 10:50
Fortunately I have never had FedEx loose a package from me. But UPS lost plenty of mine! From Barns and Nobel, Surefire etc.

Contact the shipper and they need to make the claim. I would suggest keeping a log of who you talked to when and what the out come was. I wish I did that for my Surefire claim. Good luck to you.

The OP is the shipper.

senorlinc
08-09-09, 01:27
I paid big bux to ship to flat packed cartons from philly to my place out west. it was cheap ikea furniture but even with the big fex ex bill it was still lightyears more a affordable and nicer than the top of the line selection at the "local"walmart 50 miles away.

both packages arrived damaged , however if cleverly disguised and place correctly in the room the damages were barely noticeable. i called fed ex, they sent a local guy by that day to photograph the damage and collect other info. i was reimbursed for the full cost of both the shipping charges and the shelving 2 days later. i was pretty satisfied and still have the bookshelves

on a side note,as back up, i always use my AMEX card when i ship. i am under the impression that i get some sort of complimentary package insurance if i pay the shipper via UPS. i could be wrong but for some reason i think (hope) it a perk

Razorhunter
08-09-09, 09:44
senorlinc,
Did you mistakingly type "UPS" instead of "AMEX"?