PDA

View Full Version : .40cal Uppers

Reddevil
08-06-09, 20:34
Are there any reputable .40cal AR15 upper receivers available? I have a stockpile of agency issued .40cal, so it would actually be cheaper to shoot than my CMMG .22lr conversion kit.

TOMTOM
08-06-09, 22:11
i know olympic arms does, not sure on the quality. I have no personal experience

http://www.olyarms.com/index.php?page=shop.browse&category_id=12&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=37

RojasTKD
08-06-09, 22:14
Oh oh... you used the "O" word! :eek:

Better take cover.

But he right, Oly is the only one I have knowledge of.

TOMTOM
08-06-09, 22:53
never said I would buy one, just they're the only one i know of!

RojasTKD
08-07-09, 02:02
I hear ya...

It was a tongue in cheek comment. No offense intended.

the judge
08-15-09, 22:41
I have a Olympic Arms K40 with a 10.5 inch barrel. It is a nice gun to shoot. I carry a Glock 22 for a duty pistol. Having the .40 cal AR is a nice combo.

The only issue I have with the Oly K40 is access to magazines. There are virtually none around. They used to use a modified .41AE Uzi mag, but the supply of them has dried up. According to an email that was forwarded to me by a friend that also shoots a K40, Oly Arms is in the process of coming up with a new magazine for them. So if I guy had mags he wanted to unload...PM me! :D

In the interim, one option is to convert the Oly to use Sten mags. I haven't bothered with this yet myself. Depending on what Oly Arms comes out with for replacement mags, it might be an option.

Mine is on the way back after having the carry handle upper replaced with a flat top upper. I will try and post some pics once it is back.

Rock River Arms was supposedly coming out with a LAR-40 this year...don't know what happened with that.

MiggyE
01-20-10, 01:07
hey guys! just saw that RRA has brought out their own 40 cal upper and carbine system. any one tried there?