PDA

View Full Version : Military Channel program - top 10 CQB weapons

sadmin
08-06-09, 21:11
Has anyone seen this? Pretty good; although I disagreed about the p90's position.
My reason for mentioning it is during the segment on the LWRC PDW, there is a quick shot of a hand brake attached to the PDW. I emailed LWRC about it, but havent heard anything. It was much longer and curved inward more than the KAC's version. It looked like a good design; if anyone has any info on it LMK.
muchas gracias

RHR
08-06-09, 22:07
Has anyone seen this? Pretty good; although I disagreed about the p90's position.
My reason for mentioning it is during the segment on the LWRC PDW, there is a quick shot of a hand brake attached to the PDW. I emailed LWRC about it, but havent heard anything. It was much longer and curved inward more than the KAC's version. It looked like a good design; if anyone has any info on it LMK.
muchas gracias

http://forum.lwrci.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3293&highlight=handstop

http://www.ergogrips.net/item-detail.cfm?ID=4201-SS&storeid=1&image=surestop.gif&CFID=38140881&CFTOKEN=46896777

Parabellum9x19mm
08-06-09, 22:45
muchas gracias

i don't like this whole series. the entire idea of rating the weapons is dumb. "stopping power" is one of the rating factors. they should just forget about rating them and explain the design and the strengths and weaknesses. it would be a much better show.

so you didn't agree with the P90's position but you were ok with the Magpul prototype being in the number two or three slot? Magpul themselves said that they're not going to be producing the weapon.

freakshow10mm
08-06-09, 23:13
Wish I got the military channel.

Anyways, the "list" shows are entertainment, not the gospel.

sadmin
08-07-09, 07:55
i don't like this whole series. the entire idea of rating the weapons is dumb. "stopping power" is one of the rating factors. they should just forget about rating them and explain the design and the strengths and weaknesses. it would be a much better show.

so you didn't agree with the P90's position but you were ok with the Magpul prototype being in the number two or three slot? Magpul themselves said that they're not going to be producing the weapon.

heh.. no, no. i completely agree with you. I dont adhere to any of the ratings; i just didnt want to go into it since my primary goal was to ask about the handstop.
c'mon, you know the magpul prototype would be a much better cqb decision than the ferfrans :confused:

thanks for the link to the ergo grip, its longer than i thought.

sandman99and9
08-07-09, 13:00

Don't forget that the KRISS was the #1 rated cqb weapon due to it's .45 caliber stopping power !! Correct me if I am wrong but won't most body armor stop a .45 slug ? I hate how they rate weapons on this show. The corner shot was like #3 or #4 because you can shoot a 9mm glock around a corner ??? I think I wil pass on that one for a cqb weapon.

s.m.

NCPatrolAR
08-07-09, 13:55
The show's rankings were amusing. I mainly watched it just to see what was being said.

txdukklr
08-11-09, 17:53
probably better then watching someone make a goofy cake

00leland00
08-11-09, 18:13
probably better then watching someone make a goofy cake

Please explain this to my wife. I apparently, can not succeed in doing so.

SPARTAN HOPLITE ARMS
08-12-09, 18:52
Frankly I agree with all that's been said. I liked the episode because it talked so much about the different weapons systems but rating the Kriss above weapons like the P90, LWRC, etc was silly. They have their own rating system but I have mine. Other than that, I wish they had gone into more detail about the different weapons.

Combat_Diver
08-13-09, 02:40
The should have only used what guns are availible and in use. Not prototypes that may never see production. IE AR15 series, AK series, MP5, shotguns etc.

CD

Spiffums
08-13-09, 09:50
Don't forget that the KRISS was the #1 rated cqb weapon due to it's .45 caliber stopping power !! Correct me if I am wrong but won't most body armor stop a .45 slug ? I hate how they rate weapons on this show. The corner shot was like #3 or #4 because you can shoot a 9mm glock around a corner ??? I think I wil pass on that one for a cqb weapon.

s.m.

It's a 45 you can just shoot em in the hand and the target dies from toxic shock or something.

No need for a COM shot just "close" and it will knock em down.

CarlosDJackal
08-13-09, 12:10
muchas gracias

http://www.ergogrips.net/item-detail.cfm?ID=4201-SS&storeid=1&image=surestop.gif&CFID=37499656&CFTOKEN=99380901