PDA

View Full Version : New 3GUN matches at Blackwater....

glockshooter
08-06-09, 21:21
There are going to be monthly 3GUN matches shot at Blackwater. Neal and I are going to be running these. We will be starting out under the Blackwater Practical shooters umbrella intially, but it will eventually be a completely separate club. The matches are going to be tentatively scheduled on the second Sunday of each month. We are planning on starting these in Oct or Nov. The matches are going to have the same rules and scoring as Blackcreek. The match fee is going to be $25. We will have some discounts and such for helpers and ROs. We will have a limited number of shooters for the first few matches. We are thinking about 40 people for the first few matches to get the bugs and growing pains worked out. Blackwater/Xe/ US Training Center is really getting behind civilian matches which is to all of our benefit. If there is anyone that is interested in being involved let me know. Post any questions, comments, or suggestions.

Matt

subzero
08-07-09, 20:54
Neat. I wouldn't mind something coming close to practice with a long gun.

Cold
08-07-09, 23:05
I hope you guys eventually get one large annual match, some sort of 3 gun championship at BW/Xe, I think you would draw quite a few competitors if that was to happen!
Good luck on the monthly matches.

C45P312
08-24-09, 16:24
I'm always down for helping out. With it being on Sundays, the earliest I could get down there would be 0845.

-Carlo

glockshooter
08-24-09, 19:59
It will be on the second Sunday of each month. We are hoping to have the first match in Oct. The start time will probably be 1000 with a manditory shooters meeting at 0930ish. I will put out updates as they become available.

Matt

Robb Jensen
08-24-09, 21:04
It will be on the second Sunday of each month. We are hoping to have the first match in Oct. The start time will probably be 1000 with a manditory shooters meeting at 0930ish. I will put out updates as they become available.

Matt

You know I'll be there to kick your butt at your first match! ;)

glockshooter
08-25-09, 13:43
I don't know Robb I think I have done more kicking than being kicked. :D

glockshooter
09-18-09, 00:47
It is official! We will be having our first match on 11-8. Blackwater/Xe/ USTC is very supportive of this. They also want us to put on a big match in the future. So start clearing your schedules.

Matt

Pelican82
10-01-09, 18:30
I will be following this, please keep us posted with any more information.

Looey
10-02-09, 21:32
I hope you guys eventually get one large annual match, some sort of 3 gun championship at BW/Xe, I think you would draw quite a few competitors if that was to happen!
Good luck on the monthly matches.
working on it from the inside, we are trying to try to figure out a break on our schedule to try to set up a real good three gun match.

glockshooter
10-03-09, 18:19
Luis

Let me know how it goes I can diffently help out if you get it set up. If not you can help us out with ours.

Matt

BBsound
10-12-09, 21:37
Shooters,

Starting November 8th with the help of Blackwater Pratical Shooters, Tidewater Tactical 3 Gun (TT3G) will be hosting a monthly 3-gun match at the U.S. Training Center located in Moyock, NC. These matches will be held on the second Sunday of the month, and will be following International Multigun (IMG) rules. It will NOT contain USPSA classifiers. Slings for long guns will be required, and a rigid holster with strong retention will be required for your secondary weapon. You will be able to drive your vehicle from stage to stage.

We will have four semi-surprise stages which may contain any of the buildings, cars, helicopters, and equipment available on USTC's 47 ranges. The shooters meeting will be at 9:45am with hot time immediately following. We are limiting this match to the first 48 shooters to send a complete slot request to 3gun*at*cox.net Match fees will be $25.

The U.S. Training Center is a secured facility, and you must submit your name and complete address to be added to the access list. If you are not on the access list you will not gain entry onto the property. This includes shooters AND observers. All traffic laws and signs will be obeyed from the time you turn onto Puddin Ridge Road, and while on the entire U.S. Training Center property. Those that are caught speeding or otherwise will not be allowed on to the U.S. Training Center property for any future use.

Lodging is available on-site.

The Pro Shop will be open on the morning of the matches.

If you have any questions or comments please contact 3gun*at*cox.net

glockshooter
10-24-09, 00:11
There are only about 3 slots left available for the match on the 8th. If you are interested send a request to the email address above.

Matt

glockshooter
11-10-09, 18:24
Well the first one is in the books. We had great weather and a great turn out. We had several board members come out and shot. I thank everyone for coming out, and we'll see you in January.

Matt

BBsound
11-11-09, 05:29
You know I'll be there to kick your butt at your first match! ;)
ummmmmm
at least you got the first part correct Robb, the "I'll be there" was right.:D

Neal

Robb Jensen
11-11-09, 06:50
ummmmmm
at least you got the first part correct Robb, the "I'll be there" was right.:D

Neal

You can't compare Limited to Tactical.

Make it pistol heavier....I think I fired 40 rounds total for pistol.

I left my house at 5:30am (Northern VA) and got home at 11pm.

Ya'll should man up and shoot Limited if you want a shot at the title! Real men shoot irons.

BBsound
11-11-09, 16:49
You can't compare Limited to Tactical.

Make it pistol heavier....I think I fired 40 rounds total for pistol.

I left my house at 5:30am (Northern VA) and got home at 11pm.

Ya'll should man up and shoot Limited if you want a shot at the title! Real men shoot irons.

So in other words it only cost you $1.42 an hour to have all that fun?

I can't shoot irons you cut them all off!!!! Besides that, real men shoot in the rain.

Robb Jensen
11-11-09, 19:02
So in other words it only cost you $1.42 an hour to have all that fun?

I can't shoot irons you cut them all off!!!! Besides that, real men shoot in the rain.

They do. When family comes into town on Friday night it's kinda hard to not be home shooting matches on both Saturday and Sunday......

glockshooter
11-11-09, 22:02
Robb we only pick because we can..... I mean care. We will have more pistol next match. Oh and don't pretend like you won be shooting tactical as soon as your new gun comes in.

Matt

C45P312
11-11-09, 22:46
How many stages were there? What was the approx round count?

Robb Jensen
11-11-09, 23:21
How many stages were there? What was the approx round count?

1st match....4 stages all 3gun need on all 4 stages.

what I went through:

40 pistol, about 47 shotgun (birdshot), 2 slugs, about 120 rifle. If I was shooting with a scope I could probably have dropped the rifle down to about 80 rounds.
Small unpainted hard to see steel at 280 and 300 yds with iron sights is a bitch.

Areas to improve:

Scores should never be combined. Open, Tactical/Limited, Tac Optics, He-Man should all be separated with posted scores. Combined scores is the best way to make your match very small.

Keep the amount of pistol, shotgun and rifle rounds approximately equal. This way you'll attract more shooters.

If a stage is going to have to have the shooter moving down range make it so that the stuff behind the shooter can be scored while he/she has already advanced beyond some targets.

Each stage designer should try each stage with a rifle with iron sights only after set up, if the designer can't finish each stage in 200 seconds consider making it less complex.

If one shooter has to shoot a stage in the dark because the match ran out of daylight highly consider throwing that stage out. If the match can't be shot in the decent hours of daylight consider shooting less stages, having less round count or making the stages easier and more quickly scored/pasted/reset.

glockshooter
11-12-09, 00:33
I agree that if you are moving down range shooting the stage needs to be resetable on the way down. The stage I designed was that way but ultimately the shooters have to step up and ensure they do there part. We have plenty of shooters that do what they are supposed to do but there are always people that will not help reset and paste and oddly enough they are the ones that complain about the ending time (Robb this obviously does not apply to you). I will say that our matches will always have higher rifle round counts. The reason for this is that I can shoot pistols and shotguns numerous places but that is not the case for rifles. We have also made the decision to start at 0900 during the winter months to maximize the daylight. We are working on dividing all the classes. The one the you will not see is us handicapping our CoFs to make it irons neutral. I am sure we will disagree on this but that is okay. I understand the issues with irons but we have to work with the available targets and props. The long steel is placed in an area that we can't get to, to paint the steel.

Matt

BBsound
11-12-09, 16:01
1st match....4 stages all 3gun need on all 4 stages.

what I went through:

40 pistol, about 47 shotgun (birdshot), 2 slugs, about 120 rifle. If I was shooting with a scope I could probably have dropped the rifle down to about 80 rounds.
Small unpainted hard to see steel at 280 and 300 yds with iron sights is a bitch.

Areas to improve:

Scores should never be combined. Open, Tactical/Limited, Tac Optics, He-Man should all be separated with posted scores. Combined scores is the best way to make your match very small.

Keep the amount of pistol, shotgun and rifle rounds approximately equal. This way you'll attract more shooters.

If a stage is going to have to have the shooter moving down range make it so that the stuff behind the shooter can be scored while he/she has already advanced beyond some targets.

Each stage designer should try each stage with a rifle with iron sights only after set up, if the designer can't finish each stage in 200 seconds consider making it less complex.

If one shooter has to shoot a stage in the dark because the match ran out of daylight highly consider throwing that stage out. If the match can't be shot in the decent hours of daylight consider shooting less stages, having less round count or making the stages easier and more quickly scored/pasted/reset.

Hey Robb, you took first place in your division!!!!:D

I guess you had a great time. :confused:

glockshooter
12-08-09, 18:41
Our next match will be on Jan 10th. There will be a limit of 48 shooters, so if you want to shoot you need to send a slot request to 3gun@cox.net. The start time for the match is going to be 0900. Hopefully the earlier start time will give us enough light.

Matt

Chris Rhines
12-08-09, 19:08
I'll be there. Hopefully we can keep the rifle ammo running this time...

-C

BBsound
12-23-09, 16:34
The next Tidewater 3 Gun match will be held on Jan 10th at U.S. Training Center in Moyock, NC.

Interested parties must send a request to 3gunATcox.net to be included.

We will be starting one hour earlier this month. The shooters meeting will be at 8:45 am and hot time will be IMMEDIATELY afterwards. Please arrive no later than 8:15 am for registration.

Have all gear ready and magazines loaded BEFORE the shooters meeting. Expect to be the first shooter. We had a 45 minute delay in November between the shooters meeting and the first shot. That 45 minutes would have made a big difference to several people.

Approximate round counts:
82 carbine
24 shotshell
5 slugs
75 pistol

BBsound
01-04-10, 17:33
Jan match: FULL

Standby list: FULL

glockshooter
02-04-10, 21:52
Next match will be on 2-21. The start times will be the same as last month. There will be 48 slots available and a stand by list will be done. We will be shooting whether it is hot, cold, or wet. If you are interested send your slot request to 3gun@cox.net. There will be two stages with shots at or over 300 yards. We are also trying to tie in a shoot house into a stage. Hopefully we have a little warmer whether than last month. I would also suggest bringing some shotshells that have a little more ass than walmart value packs. Anyone who shot last month knows what I mean.

Matt

paul075
02-08-10, 05:26
Is registration open for the match? On the website it says 2-10-10.

glockshooter
02-08-10, 23:23
I am not sure what site you are looking at but all the pages that have the match dates that I can find say 2-21-10. The match is open just follow the instruction above.

Matt

BBsound
02-09-10, 04:16
Is registration open for the match? On the website it says 2-10-10.

Yes Paul, send me an email.

N

paul075
02-09-10, 05:10
Here it says registration is open on feb 10th. http://www.blackwatershooters.com/multi-gun.htm I just wanted to make sure I got a slot. Are there any long distance shotgun targets this time?

glockshooter
02-09-10, 17:32
My bad I apparently can't read. LOL!!!!! There better not be any 25yard shotgun targets unless they are for slugs. I swear I will cut someone if they have anymore of those in the design they come up with. Don't feel bad I donated 130 seconds to my time on that stage, and my match sucked before I got to that stage.

Someone told me the was a blue falcon flying around that stage. Neal did you see it. I will however have some high brass with me for now on.

I think the stages for this months match will be fun and challenging.

Matt

paul075
02-09-10, 18:47
I did shoot that stage clean with a turkey choke and #6 game loads, but just barely.:) Most in my group did not fair so well. Some of the steel took 2 or more shells to put down. I would really like to see some more long range rifle steel (250 to 350 yrds) from the tower or otherwise. :D:D:D:D:D:D You guys put on fun and challenging matches. Look forward to the 21st.:D:D:D:D:D:D

paul075
02-09-10, 19:11
Did you get my email BB?

BBsound
02-09-10, 19:26
Did you get my email BB?

yes, if you are P.K.

BBsound
02-09-10, 19:28
My bad I apparently can't read. LOL!!!!! There better not be any 25yard shotgun targets unless they are for slugs. I swear I will cut someone if they have anymore of those in the design they come up with. Don't feel bad I donated 130 seconds to my time on that stage, and my match sucked before I got to that stage.

Someone told me the was a blue falcon flying around that stage. Neal did you see it. I will however have some high brass with me for now on.

I think the stages for this months match will be fun and challenging.

Matt

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/yhst-50863389838911_2091_52000451

paul075
02-09-10, 19:58
yes, if you are P.K.

That's me!:cool:

BBsound
02-11-10, 21:18
The next Tidewater 3 Gun match will be held on Feb 21st at U.S. Training Center in Moyock, NC.

Interested parties must send a request to 3gun AT cox.net to be included.

Information required:
Full name
Address
Please state if you are a spectator or shooter.

The shooters meeting will be at 8:45 am and hot time will be IMMEDIATELY afterwards. Please arrive no later than 8:15 am for registration.

Have all gear ready and magazines loaded BEFORE the shooters meeting. Expect to be the first shooter.

A carbine sling that keeps your muzzle in a safe direction will be required to complete some courses of fire.

Approximate round counts:
80 carbine
35 shot shell
10 slugs
65 pistol

glockshooter
03-03-10, 07:22
Match announcement for the 3-14 match went out lastnight. Send an email to 3gun@cox.net if you want to shoot the match. It is limited to the first 48 shooters

Matt

BBsound
04-03-10, 19:04
registration is open for April 11th.

BBsound
04-29-10, 18:04
may 16th open

BBsound
06-01-10, 10:25
Registration is now open for the June 13th 3 Gun match at US Training Center.