PDA

View Full Version : Not happy with Leupold VX-1

citizensoldier16
08-09-09, 02:05
Long story short, I bought a Leupold VX-1 for one of my rifles and I'm not happy with it. The optics are great and it holds its point of aim perfectly. The reason I don't like it is because the windage/elevation adjustments don't "click" but rather they just rotate freely. I called Leupold to ask if this is a manufacturing error and they said thats the way it's designed.

I purchased the scope at a local sporting goods store and still have the box and all paperwork for it, minus the reciept. What are my options for replacing it? Will Leupold take it back or do I have to fight with the store I bought it from over returning opened merchandise?

SkiDevil
08-09-09, 05:43
Sorry to hear you didn't like your Leupold scope. I own several of their scopes, but none of the VX-1 models.

If you all ready mounted the scope in rings/ onto rifle, then most retailers will problaby not honor a return policy as they see it as a used product.

You can try contacting Leupold directly, I don't think that you will have any luck. But, I guess that it never hurts to ask. Because the worst they can say is no.

If you did already mount the scope, then your best option may be to trade-it in on another optic or sell-it.

Check-out SWFA, they offer trade-ins on used optics towards a new scope. I have never used the program, but maybe someone else here has. Be prepared, if these programs are like anything else being traded-in (i.e. Cars), you may only receive a small amount of what you actually paid.

http://www.samplelist.com/tradeinform.aspx

Best suggestion, unless you are using the scope for competitive target shooting or it is requirement to consistently 'adjust' the scope, then just stick with the scope and save-up for something better suited to your needs. The Leupold scope line is pretty extensive, but there are a lot of other good choices out there too.

Good Luck,
SkiDevil

P.S. I believe that Natchez Shooters is offering the 'Scope Trade-In" as well. Also, their are several dealers who are forum sponsors and sell optics, such as GandR Tactical and E-Guns.

Todd.K
08-09-09, 11:59
Send it to the custom shop, they should be able help you.
https://customshop.leupold.com/