PDA

View Full Version : new to suppresors

vdegani1
08-10-09, 08:58
I am looking into getting a suppresor for my rifle. I have a high standard HSA 15 carbine i will most likely put the ranger 2 on it. Are there any other modifications other than taking off the flash suppresor and screwing it on that i need to do to the rifle. are adjustable gas blocks neccesary.

SteyrAUG
08-11-09, 18:18
Sorry I'm not personally familiar with your rifle or the suppressor in question. But I'd refer all compatibility questions to the manufacturer.

Omega_556
08-11-09, 20:24
You can simply remove the flash hider and install the can. The carbine will be slightly over gassed due to increased back pressure do to the addition of the suppressor, but should run as is.

Due to the increased back pressure the bolt velocity will be increased which could potentially cause extraction issues.

I'm not sure what buffer you have now, I'm guessing a carbine buffer so an H or H2 would help slow down the bolt carrier group.

Installing a 5 coil extractor spring, black insert, and o-ring, if they are not already installed, would help counteract any potential extraction issues.

Also both of these modifications will positively effect the reliability of your carbine both with and without the suppressor.

Hope that helps