PDA

View Full Version : Good days gone by

predator611
02-02-07, 10:51
Some people say we haven't given up to many freedoms to legally shoot or buy a gun I say b.s. I can remember walking down the railroad tracks and hitting a good shooting spot with a 50' embankment and staying there for hours on end at the age of 12, if the the sheriff or one of his deputies showed up it only meant they got a little play time with your rifle. Wasn't nothing to go to an Ace hardware store and shop for a new gun and get a a box or two of ammo free with purchase. Wasn't nothing to walk an empty rifle down the street to friends house without getting a second glance or a guy asking how much that cost you. Or favorite of all time and one of my grandpas favorite sayings,"those boys are having a gay time shooting their guns". If you got into a fight there was a 99% no one was getting shot, you got your ass whipped or beat some and went home, you lost or won period.You didn't here of home invasions because if they entered the house to either to steal or harm(with some proof)and you shot them dead, you got a handshake from the guy coming to either arrest or carry off the dead body. Your parents said no, that was end of story or you got the belt or hand. You screwed up to bad in school you got the paddle and/or put in the corner to one of your parents got there and probably got it again on the way home.

Try to shoot on the tracks now, they show up and it's probably costing you some money. Don't even ask for a gun in a hardware unless it's a nail gun or caulk gun. You still might get a free box of ammo with purchase, the last time I tried they acted like I was robbing them (abox of 50 round 22 ammo come on now). Walk 5 houses down the street with a rifle and the cops are showing up unless it's in a case and the ammo is back at your house. How could America confuse being happy with being homosexual.I won't even get into detail on the fight one, someone is more than likely getting shot win or lose. Some breaks into your house in Ohio you best have it on video. YOU WHIPPED YOUR KID?, why do that when you can put them on some mind altering drugs?See previous comment I know you learn alot quicker from pain for some odd reason touch a hot stove lately?.WTF happened to america in 18 years?

Business_Casual
02-02-07, 10:57
You are in desparate need of a copy of "Unintended Consequences" my friend.

M_P

predator611
02-02-07, 12:33
You are in desparate need of a copy of "Unintended Consequences" my friend.

M_P
I'm pretty that is what happens when somebody elected doesn't think through a law that might pass. I.E. prohibition or some guns laws .Paying for freedoms is beyond idiotic. Loosen the noose on some laws and see how quick the crime rate drops. I'm sure there will always be a "Bonnie & Clyde" Play percentages and you'd be shocked for every gangsters or want-to-be gangsta there are 1000 law abiding americans of every race. Could I rob a bank with my guns ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,yeah I could but I want an earned better life for my children to keep it and pass it on down.

Business_Casual
02-02-07, 15:52
You're right; but I meant the book:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9781888118049&itm=1

M_P

Rmplstlskn
02-02-07, 20:50
Heck, I remember when I was 15 and I brought my brand-new Ruger Mini-14 to a Sunday School "Show & Tell" at our family church... Imagine what would happen if someone kid did that today? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Yes, we have given up unmeasurable ground to the "Destroyers."

Rmpl

Seth Harness
02-02-07, 22:28
liberal media dosnt explain how, even if you take the guns from good guys, that the bad guys will still have, scratch that, USE them. its just said guns are bad and should be gone... oh hell with it i could go on forever:mad:

Seth Harness
02-02-07, 22:42
oh yeah lets throw another ban on assult weapons, well accessories that is...get rid of any mag over 10 rounds, put a fake flash hider on, dont let the stock colaps or fold, keep that barrel 16 or over and lets not forget that bayonet lug. because we sure as hell wouldnt want someone walking the streets running people thru.
they would be easy to find though, with that trail of 10 rnd mags, that bright flash out the end of the barrel.
ok im done.

predator611
02-04-07, 12:26
oh yeah lets throw another ban on assult weapons, well accessories that is...get rid of any mag over 10 rounds, put a fake flash hider on, dont let the stock colaps or fold, keep that barrel 16 or over and lets not forget that bayonet lug. because we sure as hell wouldnt want someone walking the streets running people thru.
they would be easy to find though, with that trail of 10 rnd mags, that bright flash out the end of the barrel.
ok im done.
Here is where at I'm at odds with most of every "assault weapon" owner. I'm a Democrat.......shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I really believe murders are going to occur whether it be a gun, pillow, hatchet, or blackpowder rifle. I'm Cherokee Indian through my fathers side and german,irish, and Cre (what can I say other than my forefathers before me liked a little tan and alcohol with their women) through my mothers side , not to knock any racial descent but thank god I was raised as a whiteman. The gun has basically made america a truly unique country through times of doubt and through war. You forget history and it will repeat itself. That is only one aspect of my arguement, children , teens , and adults need to learn the the aspect or respect without attaching a dollar sigh to it

Joseywales
02-05-07, 22:00
My brothers used to throw sticks of dynamite off the cliffs on our farm. Do that today and the ATF would show up and shoot your dogs.