PDA

View Full Version : Which pistol grip for M4A3

bbq2
08-11-09, 20:15
Hello. Just bought a Bushmaster M4A3 and when practicing mag changes, the trigger gaurd eats my hand up at the base of the pistol grip. What kind of aftermarket grip will cover that area? I have big hands. Pictures would be helpful. I am a newbie. Jeff

BB01
08-11-09, 21:39
If you're ok with the grip itself, you could go with a gapper.

http://www.ergogrips.net/item-detail.cfm?ID=4085&storeid=1%E2%84%91=gapper.gif,

RojasTKD
08-11-09, 23:37
Any of the fallowing grips will do what you ask:

1. Magpul MAID (personal favorite)
2. Magpul MOE grip
3. Ergo grip
4. Tango Down Battle Grip (least favorite)
5. Others

Omega_556
08-11-09, 23:59
I have used all those in RojasTKD's list, and I too prefer the MIAD followed closely by the MOE.

The only reason I prefer the MIAD is I prefer the rough texture on the back strap as opposed to the smoother texture on the back of the MOE.

RojasTKD
08-12-09, 00:10
I have a tan MOE that I plan to sell. I large hand do better with the MAID and it large back strap, otherwise the MOE would be a acceptable and cheaper option.

bbq2
08-12-09, 00:54
Does the MIAD cover that area of the trigger gaurd that I am having problems with? The MOE wont help me.

RojasTKD
08-12-09, 02:09
Does the MIAD cover that area of the trigger gaurd that I am having problems with? The MOE wont help me.

Yes it will.

emt370
08-12-09, 09:17
Unless you get the integrated trigger guard with the MIAD, the only grip from that list that will cover the trigger guard "gap" is the Tango Down. The MIAD and MOE alone do not fill the gap and I do not think that the Ergo does either. The "Gapper" or a Magpul MOE or aluminum trigger guard replacement are probably your best option as they allow you to pick whatever grip is good for your hand.

RojasTKD
08-12-09, 09:38
Unless you get the integrated trigger guard with the MIAD, the only grip from that list that will cover the trigger guard "gap" is the Tango Down. The MIAD and MOE alone do not fill the gap and I do not think that the Ergo does either. The "Gapper" or a Magpul MOE or aluminum trigger guard replacement are probably your best option as they allow you to pick whatever grip is good for your hand.

Sorry, emt is correct. I was confused it is the Magpul Enhanced Trigger Guard that removes my gap, not my MAID grip.

There is a polymer version of the trigger guard now, and it's only 8 or 9 bucks.

dbrowne1
08-12-09, 09:42
I'm not sure what a "M4A3" is, given that the military is only up to the "M4A1," but to answer your question, if you have large hands then the Ergo grip or the MIAD will likely suit you best. I have large hands as well (or at least long fingers) and the TangoDown grip feels uncomfortably small to me.

bbq2
08-12-09, 11:14
Thank's for all your responses. I have a magpul ctr and pmags and I am happy with the quality so I will probably go with the MIAD with the enhanced trigger gaurd. Jeff

Alex F
08-12-09, 11:22
There is a polymer version of the trigger guard now, and it's only 8 or 9 bucks.

If you're happy with your stock pistol grip, the Magpul trigger guard is your best bet, cost and performance wise.

The MIAD with the integral trigger guard is good as well if you don't mind the cost.

emt370
08-12-09, 11:56
FWIW, when I got my RRA, it had a Hogue and I really did not like the grip angle, so I got a MIAD and love it. I added the Magpul aluminum trigger guard and am impressed. That said, I just got a 6920 and really like how my hand fits the A2 grip and I think that I might just get a new trigger guard or the gapper since I want to kind of keep the 6920 stock (but we all know what this site does for keeping a rifle stock;)).