PDA

View Full Version : TWO YEARS TO FINISH.

rockm4
08-11-09, 21:15
http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy334/rockm4/frankingun073.jpg

But, I didn't cut any corners or use any bill money. And the most important thing is I built just what I wanted.

Barrel; CMMG 16'' SST M10 BULL mid length gas system.
0.980 at the bbl. nut to the pinned gas block.
0.936 under the gas block.
0.900 to the threaded area.
a PWS FSC556 flash/comp.

Rail; TROY MRF- MX 10'' w/ Magpul XMT covers.

Upper receiver; VLTOR MUR.

BCG; CMT

Lower receiver; DPMS with DPMS parts kit,Magpul MIAD grip and Magpul extend trigger guard.

Stocks; (2) VLTOR deluxe kit, Magpul CRT, stock only.

Iron sights; TROY flip up front and rear.

Optics; AIMPOINT ML 3 w/ 2mil. dot. on a LARUE LT 129. Hensdolt 2.5 magnifier on a LARUE LT 629 mount.

Sling; TROY single point, w/ a Daniel Defense receiver end plate w/ a quick disconnect swivel mount.

Weapon complete without loaded mag. is 13.5 lbs.:o

Thanks to all the great vendors who were professional and courteous.

Patriot

kmrtnsn
08-12-09, 01:02
No pic and the link won't work.

152dbs
08-12-09, 20:20
http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy334/rockm4/FrankinGun073.jpg

fixed....

kmrtnsn
08-12-09, 20:43
Very nice rifle! Any chance though that you can replace that bag with one in MARPAT?

LOKNLOD
08-12-09, 21:14
Dang that's a heavy rifle man.

Why such a heavy barrel setup?

Usually only see the really heavy setups used with high magnification optics, more like a bench rifle.

rockm4
08-12-09, 22:45
Dang that's a heavy rifle man.

Why such a heavy barrel setup?

Usually only see the really heavy setups used with high magnification optics, more like a bench rifle.

Thanks, I,ve never been a fan of a light barreled rifle. After a couple mags fired the point of impact changes, well enough to bother Me anyway. The weight is nothing to Me, I got use to carrying a seal 60, for My recon team almost as much as it,s owner and my own XM177 car along w/ the usual kit and shit of about 115lbs. I just like the feel of a heavy rifle:cool:

Patriot

rockm4
08-12-09, 23:14
http://i805.photobucket.com/albums/yy334/rockm4/FrankinGun073.jpg

fixed....

Thank you very much I,m embarrassed to tell you that I spent about four hours tiring to get that picture up on this forum last night. But I knew that some kind hearted sole would help an old fool out.:o

Patriot

SkiDevil
08-13-09, 05:19
Nice looking rifle. Congrats!

You will have to let us know how it shoots.

SkiDevil

P.S. I love the grips on the pistol. Nice.

mr.scott
08-13-09, 14:49
Nice.
It doesn't matter how long it takes or what parts are on it. That rifle is yours and a 1 of a kind.

Hope she shoots as good as she looks.

rockm4
08-13-09, 17:03
Nice looking rifle. Congrats!

You will have to let us know how it shoots.

SkiDevil

P.S. I love the grips on the pistol. Nice.

Oh I,m sorry I left that part out, she,s had about 500 rds. through her and on Friday 8/31 I shot nickel size 3 shot groups @ 100 yards. About the 1911 grips there's an old guy that follows the gun show circuit that comes here who hand carves pistol grips for all makes. I told him what I wanted, and what they were going on and $100.00 and later that day he called Me to pick them up. its carved on whale bone, there about ten years old. Thanks for your interest.

Patriot

tinman44
08-14-09, 21:00
not to derail but can anyone give me 5 good reasons to mount a (bipod) to a rifle? besides of course long heavy barrels? such as SPR's oh and this is a serious question as I have no experience worth noting

Shazam
08-15-09, 02:46
thats a great looking build!

rockm4
08-16-09, 23:56
not to derail but can anyone give me 5 good reasons for tripod mounted to a rifle? besides of course long heavy barrels?

My mistake I though I put a ( BI POD ) on that rifle. :D There were many times in My military career that I wished that I had a bi pod, on the rifles I used for various missions. In Afghanistan in 79-80, Rwandan,Uganda,Chad, Ethiopia,the Congo,Rhodesia. :mad:Man I hated those shit holes a lot of bad memories. How many times did you put life on the line MR. TRIPOD. I apologize the sheep will never know what the sheep dog HAD TO DO.

Patriot

bobby.lamberth
08-17-09, 20:56
LOL 0WN3D

tinman44
08-20-09, 00:43
I was born in 79, almost dual citizenship my dad was stationed in Germany. And sorry I never got the privileage to serve my country, some old lady ran me off the road and squashed that, at least thats what the marine recruiter led me to believe and I did. Every man in my family tree served cept me :(
meh my bad. to each his own. thanks for putting me straight.
3=tri
2=bi
1=mono
There now I have somewhere to refer back to next time I ask a similar "fair" question that gets picked apart. Though in the future I'll just wait around till someone with creds asks, since I can't know what I'm talking about. I mean honestly there is no way for me to know how a rifle with a bi-pod would react in a shit hole. Also dont sell yourself short, I believe the term "sheep dog" would almost be below you, you're a Vet (assumption I hope is correct) and I salute you. If you are looking for an appology well you have it. One more thing, I would hope I could muster the courage to give all for my family/friends/countrymen I cant imagine what you HAD TO DO. Thank you for it.

rockm4
08-25-09, 22:19
I was born in 79, almost dual citizenship my dad was stationed in Germany. And sorry I never got the privileage to serve my country, some old lady ran me off the road and squashed that, at least thats what the marine recruiter led me to believe and I did. Every man in my family tree served cept me :(
meh my bad. to each his own. thanks for putting me straight.
3=tri
2=bi
1=mono
There now I have somewhere to refer back to next time I ask a similar "fair" question that gets picked apart. Though in the future I'll just wait around till someone with creds asks, since I can't know what I'm talking about. I mean honestly there is no way for me to know how a rifle with a bi-pod would react in a shit hole. Also dont sell yourself short, I believe the term "sheep dog" would almost be below you, you're a Vet (assumption I hope is correct) and I salute you. If you are looking for an appology well you have it. One more thing, I would hope I could muster the courage to give all for my family/friends/countrymen I cant imagine what you HAD TO DO. Thank you for it.

Sorry kid. You didn't deserve that,you just made a simple mistake, that's all. I wasn't looking for You to apologize. I gave you mine, at the end. As for the Sheep dog part, we did the bad things to a lot of bad people. the way I looked at it was stop them there so you and others could go about daily lives safe from the wolf.WE the sheep dogs looking out for the heard. And your right very few will ever really know what we did in the name of freedom. I don't know about courage! All I ever did was to try to do the mission and get my people home in tact.

Richard ( Patriot ) Jackson Ret. Captain US. SPECIAL FORCES 1970-1990.

tinman44
08-25-09, 23:50
Richard ( Patriot ) Jackson Ret. Captain US. SPECIAL FORCES 1970-1990.

That is pretty close to what I had grown up believing I wanted to do. I sometimes believe I was born in the wrong era, that was probably the hay day for special forces, though again I have no idea, only stories I've heard.

curriek
08-29-09, 21:52
Congrats.