PDA

View Full Version : Response from C-Products RE: current 6.8 mags!!!

BLACK LION
08-12-09, 13:33
I emailed C-Products regarding thier mags and asked a few questions. I also called the "tech" dept. and they answered and they informed me that they make thier own follower now which is the grey one as they have no more dealings with magpul and thier black magpul 6.8 followers. They also use CS springs and SS bodies.
Below is a copy of the email from the owner regarding current production C-Products mags....Its reassuring to know that they continue to try to bring us a better mag and thet are listening to thier customers.

"Broderick,
This magazine was designed specifically for the 6.8 platform. We choose our own anti tilt follower for control and reliability. The coating has always been a struggle to get the right one. We continue that search. We have found the chrome silicone spring to be the most reliable and durable spring to use in magazines. It won’t take a continual set [weakening] as do the SS springs. Hope this helps answer some of your questions. Thank you for your support of our product.
Thanks"
Barry Bergen
Owner/Managing Member
C Products, LLC
30 Elmwood Court
Newington CT 06111

87GN
08-12-09, 13:37
They probably have no more dealings with Magpul because Magpul didn't like CProducts making cheap knockoffs of their followers.

Omega_556
08-12-09, 13:40
It's good that they are continually trying to improve their products.

However my negative experiences with them a couple years ago, and all the negative experiences I've read about, they would need to make a major product &/or process change before I'd give them another chance...

BLACK LION
08-12-09, 15:47
They probably have no more dealings with Magpul because Magpul didn't like CProducts making cheap knockoffs of their followers.

Makes perfect sense... I have 3 older mags that have magpul followers and I like them more.

crenca
08-13-09, 00:55
It's good that they are continually trying to improve their products.

However my negative experiences with them a couple years ago, and all the negative experiences I've read about, they would need to make a major product &/or process change before I'd give them another chance...

It might be time to give them a try. I only hear about the problems from 2 or so years ago. They had serious teething issues but have worked those out. Everyone I have tried (I have 8 or 9 now) has been good, even incorporating the feed lip tweak that PRI has yet to do. They are not built like a tank like the barretts, but they are priced lower accordingly.

One thing is for certain, you won't have a 1 in 5 or 6 chance of having to send them back as you do now with PRI's latest product...

dbrowne1
08-13-09, 09:28
There are too many proven, reliable options out there at a similar price point to make me even think about buying from C products given their track record.

Bravo Company and Magpul are about the only magazines I even bother looking at. I know I'm getting a reliable, durable, well-designed and well-made magazine, and any difference in pricing is negligible unless you're buying thousands of them.

caporider
08-13-09, 11:17
There are too many proven, reliable options out there at a similar price point to make me even think about buying from C products given their track record.

Bravo Company and Magpul are about the only magazines I even bother looking at. I know I'm getting a reliable, durable, well-designed and well-made magazine, and any difference in pricing is negligible unless you're buying thousands of them.

True, but 6.8 shooters don't have those options.

Current production C-P 25 round 6.8 mags work well, provided your upper has extended feed ramps. The current C-P 17 round 6.8 mags require the correct follower (extended anti-tilt legs) or they will misfeed. If your rounds nose-dive in the 17 rounders, just contact C-P and they will square you away.

BLACK LION
08-13-09, 11:58

Very well true for .223/5.56 but not for the 6.8x43... the only ones near C-products in price are possibly pro-mag...
As far as the 6.8 is concerned they are the best bang for your buck at 12.00 a pop compared to 40.00 and 60.00 with PRI and Barret...

dbrowne1
08-13-09, 13:11
Ah, you guys are absolutely right. I forgot I was in the "beyond 5.56" forum when I wrote that. Nevermind.

Omega_556
08-13-09, 13:24
With any luck now that the Remington ACR will have an optional 6.8 Rem SPC barrel I assume Magpul, since it is the evolution of their Masada, will produce a 6.8 PMag.

A man can dream can't he?

crenca
08-13-09, 16:04
With any luck now that the Remington ACR will have an optional 6.8 Rem SPC barrel I assume Magpul, since it is the evolution of their Masada, will produce a 6.8 PMag.

A man can dream can't he?

Word is (I think it came directly from Magpul) that polymer can't be used for 6.8 mags. The body needs to be too thin for this material.

It makes sense when you consider that C-P had trouble getting the mag dimensions correct in the beginning and PRI still can't get it right...

BLACK LION
08-13-09, 16:50
Magpul has stated they make a 6.8 specific follower and that is as far as it goes... They are not making a "p-mag" in 6.8 becuase of the need to slim down the walls even further to accomodate the follower and the larger caliber. They have no further interest at this point becuase they dont want to "jeopardize the mags structural integrity" just to put something out. They basically say it cannot be done.

I dont think so. I know that if the .mil adopted the 6.8 pmags would magically appear...

For polymer 6.8 mags I have two words ...

TANGO DOWN!!!!

BLACK LION
08-13-09, 16:52
Straight bodied 5,10 and 20 rounders ;)

caporider
08-13-09, 17:13
Magpul has stated they make a 6.8 specific follower and that is as far as it goes... They are not making a "p-mag" in 6.8 becuase of the need to slim down the walls even further to accomodate the follower and the larger caliber. They have no further interest at this point becuase they dont want to "jeopardize the mags structural integrity" just to put something out. They basically say it cannot be done.

I dont think so. I know that if the .mil adopted the 6.8 pmags would magically appear...

For polymer 6.8 mags I have two words ...

TANGO DOWN!!!!

I have high hopes for TangoDown, actually. Since their mags are two-piece, they can just make the lower "box" bigger so 6.8 rounds will stack correctly without having to thin the sides of the mag.

I can say with certainty that 6.8 does not work in the current 5.56 TD mags.