PDA

View Full Version : single point sling

lanceriley
08-12-09, 19:02
how do I let my rifle hang in the middle of my chest pointing vertically down? somehow my rifle would always end up on my side.

maybe tighten the loop around my body? any pictures guys?

LOKNLOD
08-12-09, 19:10
What kind of sling and attachment are you using?

lanceriley
08-12-09, 19:52
black hawk. and an asap.

somehow instead of falling in the center just like in the magpul2 videos, it hangs on the side...and with a 14.5in barrel. the muzzle could hit the ground.... almost.

LOKNLOD
08-12-09, 22:17
Okay well I'm not sure how the Blackhawk sling is made, but if it's a single point it's probably (maybe) set up one of two ways -- please bear with me as I make some horrible illustrations using Microsoft Paint :D

Style "A" has a loop that goes around your body, and a separate short piece that attaches the main loop to the rifle.
Style "B" has only the main loop, with the hook for the rifle hanging directly on it.

Blue is the main loop, green is the attachment to the rifle, and red is a buckle to adjust the size of the main loop.

Position the buckle (red) so that it is in the middle of your chest. Then the rifle attachment (green) can slide down against it when you release the rifle, and the friction of the main loop on your clothes kind of holds the whole thing up. You can then pull it down to your side if you want.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f392/LOKNLOD/singlepoints.jpg

This all presumes you're running the main loop so that it is resting on top of your strong side shoulder and it runs under our weak side armpit.

Now, if your sling isn't constructed this way, I guess we're back to square one.

Personally I'd rather have it drop to my side anyway because I think it's more awkward to move with it hanging between my legs than off to my side.
The Troy single point is kind of setup this way, and even has a strap on the buckle to pull the gun around.

Vash1023
08-12-09, 22:27
get that new magpul sling and u wont have a problem anymore

lanceriley
08-12-09, 23:29
LOKNLOD.

Nice illustration by the way. so basically we want the type A single point right?

The new magpul sling I assume is like the type A illustration? kinda hard to get stuff here. Im not in the U.S. even though it's just a sling.

Vash1023
08-12-09, 23:58
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5nOt2pSySY

this one