PDA

View Full Version : Just a bad ass knockout!!!

Gunfighter.45
08-12-09, 21:12
Don't know if anyone here is a fan of UFC? Anderson Silva kicks ASS!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwIsNy7UaL0

HD1911
08-12-09, 21:17
Don't know if anyone here is a fan of UFC. Anderson silva kicks ASS!!

It seemed to me that clearly, Forrest Griffin was "outgunned". And I couldn't believe Forrest ran out of the ring like a little Sally. That fight made me real skeptical as to thinking that the UFC could be rigged...

Gunfighter.45
08-12-09, 21:23
It seemed to me that clearly, Forrest Griffin was "outgunned". And I couldn't believe Forrest ran out of the ring like a little Sally. That fight made me real skeptical as to thinking that the UFC could be rigged...

I don't think the fight was rigged. Silva is just a much better fighter.. too quick for Forrest to handle.

MR.J
08-12-09, 21:32
LYOTO MACHIDA,ANDERSON ,FEDOR These guys are on an another level.They make anyone that they fight look like they are a B level fighter.Kind of like Roy Jones Jr in his prime.I also don't think the UFC has rigged fights IMHO.

crob1
08-12-09, 21:37
Wow. Forrest looked pathetic. We like WEC, but we're getting more familiar with UFC.

HD1911
08-12-09, 21:41
I don't think the fight was rigged. Silva is just a much better fighter.. too quick for Forrest to handle.

Point taken...I'm new to UFC and it just seemed crazy...almost mindblowing that he went out that quick and easily lol! And then running out of the ring didn't help anything.

Yeah clearly Silva is on another level.

ZDL
08-12-09, 22:15

parishioner
08-12-09, 22:16
Something was off about that fight. I don't understand how you can be knocked out that easily when hit by someone leaning on their back foot. It seemed fixed when I first saw it. It could be legit though because it looked like Griffin was worn out before the fight started. He looked like a sloth in there. So, I guess its possible that that Griffin just didn't bring his A game and got knocked the f*** out. Then again, how does someone like Griffin not bring his A game in a bout like that with that much weight. I don't know. Strange.

Vash1023
08-12-09, 22:26
i personally know some (UFC industry) plp.

now im not getting into detail but i wouldnt say that its rigged,
but i wouldnt say its 100% legit either...

parishioner
08-12-09, 22:34

:confused:

It has to be either of the two. Rigged or Real.

rickrock305
08-12-09, 22:39

so much gossip :rolleyes:

i think silva is just that good. he does that to people. he always spends the first minute or two scoping out the opponent, then goes to work. he definitely outclassed Forrest.

SPM14430
08-12-09, 22:39
Forrest got embarrassed... he didn't even show up for the post fight interview.

Vash1023
08-12-09, 22:46
:confused:

It has to be either of the two. Rigged or Real.

not necessarily.

if i had to take an educated guess id say 98% is legit.

but there are a few occasions that i would guess have sullied outcomes.

saying something (ufc) is 100% legit is like saying everyone in that specific industry has never told a lie before.

it to far fetched to be true.

Vash1023
08-12-09, 22:47
so much gossip :rolleyes:

believe what u want :p

parishioner
08-12-09, 22:56
not necessarily.

if i had to take an educated guess id say 98% is legit.

Are you saying UFC in general is 98% is legit or that any given fight is 98% legit?

variablebinary
08-12-09, 23:05
Silva is a much better fighter than Griffin.

Silva is the P4P best fighter in UFC by far.

I'd like to see him fight Machida, but they have both gone and record and said they have no desire to fight each other because they are friends.

At any rate, Forrest was just outclassed.

Vash1023
08-12-09, 23:10
Are you saying UFC in general is 98% is legit or that any given fight is 98% legit?

id say the UFC as it stands now
(a multi million dollar corp with millions in advertising and apparel)
is 98% legit.

theres no way to have any idea on fight standings.

there are just to many factors.
-fighters
-managers
-agents
-sponsors
-fans
-gambling

lwoper
08-12-09, 23:11
Silva is a badass i think he could walk through the 205 class the same as he did the middleweight class. The only way to beat that man is with a club while he is sleepin

parishioner
08-12-09, 23:11
Silva is the P4P best fighter in UFC by far.

Ehh. I would say Georges St. Pierre. :D

MR.J
08-12-09, 23:20

Yes GSP is also very good(I would also say he is on another level also)

variablebinary
08-12-09, 23:21

As a fellow Kyokushin guy, yeah it would be nice to think that, but really, Silva is the best right now...besides Lyoto :D

sadmin
08-13-09, 07:08
nevermind.. i didnt read page 2

Rock Nova
08-13-09, 07:58
I was skeptical at first. My initial thought was it looked rigged.

I thought Forrest could take more punishment than that. But the more I watch it, the more I think Forrest just didn't have his heart in it. Once he threw a few kicks and punches and Silva dodged them so easily, I think he realized he was outclassed. And to make it worse, Silva's taunting of him only made it more embarrassing.

Dr.Doom
08-13-09, 12:16
This isnt the first time forest acted like a child..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiocKUyE_-Y

MR.J
08-13-09, 13:52
I train with a top 10 fighter..... I tried my best to hit him and he did the Anderson/Griffen thing to me, he did not try to hit me back:D though.But again im FAAAAARR from a fast guy but when someone is waaayy beyond your level of striking it's not hard to do LOL.:D

Dr.Doom
08-13-09, 14:47
I train with a top 10 fighter..... I tried my best to hit him and he did the Anderson/Griffen thing to me, he did not try to hit me back:D though.But again im FAAAAARR from a fast guy but when someone is waaayy beyond your level of striking it's not hard to do LOL.:D

Who do you train with? what discipline? Ht. Wt? Im very interested.

sandman99and9
08-13-09, 16:14
Silva is a beast !! I have seen most of his fights and he has not even been tested at all. He is so much better than the other fighters out there. When he fought rich franklin I thought that franklin would really push him but he got destroyed by silva !! That guy is good at everything in the octagon-- striking,ground game, submissions, you name it, he can do it better than most anyone out there.

s.m.

Dog Tags
08-13-09, 16:26
LYOTO MACHIDA,ANDERSON ,FEDOR

Yes on the first two. Until Fedor fights someone better than Orlofsky (who IMO was beating Fedor until he got KO'd) I can't put him in the top P4P fighters. GSP is getting to be the same way. No one left to fight in the 70lb class but doesn't have the balls to step up to fight the spyder.

Oh yea Silva talked to White about moving up to 205. Said he would be willing to give up the 185 belt if need be. We shall see.....

MR.J
08-13-09, 19:48
Who do you train with? what discipline? Ht. Wt? Im very interested.

Jeff Curran, I do MMA.

MR.J
08-13-09, 19:51
Yes on the first two. Until Fedor fights someone better than Orlofsky (who IMO was beating Fedor until he got KO'd) I can't put him in the top P4P fighters. GSP is getting to be the same way. No one left to fight in the 70lb class but doesn't have the balls to step up to fight the spyder.

Oh yea Silva talked to White about moving up to 205. Said he would be willing to give up the 185 belt if need be. We shall see.....

Agree somewhat of the Fedor thing.The only thing is EVERY PERSON (Bas Rutten,ect) Say this guy(Fedor) has NO holes in his game.That can't be said about most other fighters.

CALSHOOTER
08-13-09, 19:58
That KO brings back the memory of the slow KO's that G. foreman did to other fighters.:o

Rider79
08-13-09, 20:27
Don't know if anyone here is a fan of UFC? Anderson Silva kicks ASS!!

The sound effects in that video were annoying as hell. Yeah, it was a sad fight, but let's see the dipshit who put the video together and is trying to be funny get in the ring with Silva. I can't talk shit about Griffin because I sure as hell wouldn't be getting in that ring period, and if I did, I'd look alot dumber than he did.

Jeff Curran, I do MMA.

Isn't MMA a pretty broad description? What's your concentration on?

On a side note, nothing against you, but I always laugh when I'm kicking someone out of the club and they tell me "I train MMA", like I'm supposed to be scared or something. I'll play dumb and act like I don't know what MMA is, which the guy then tries to explain, and I continue to act like I don't know what it is. They usually get pissed when I say "Oh, you mean its something like the WWE? Isn't that fake?"

MR.J
08-13-09, 20:48
The sound effects in that video were annoying as hell. Yeah, it was a sad fight, but let's see the dipshit who put the video together and is trying to be funny get in the ring with Silva. I can't talk shit about Griffin because I sure as hell wouldn't be getting in that ring period, and if I did, I'd look alot dumber than he did.

Isn't MMA a pretty broad description? What's your concentration on?

On a side note, nothing against you, but I always laugh when I'm kicking someone out of the club and they tell me "I train MMA", like I'm supposed to be scared or something. I'll play dumb and act like I don't know what MMA is, which the guy then tries to explain, and I continue to act like I don't know what it is. They usually get pissed when I say "Oh, you mean its something like the WWE? Isn't that fake?"

MMA..= MIXED martial arts.There is No CONCENTRATION on ONE thing.. while some people are better at BJJ striking ect, then others its a combination of every thing.Me I'm better at kick boxing.. but working on other areas of the MMA game.:D

Well 99.99% of the REAL MMA fighters/people who do it for real.. are just going to leave when you say to.It's that 1% that will knock you out or choke you out before you even know it.;)

2W1 Loader
08-13-09, 21:23
Hey now,

At first I thought the fight was rigged too. I mean FG has been in some slug fests - then after looking at the fight again, I had come to the realization that Anderson is just a better fighter. It could be that FG was coming off a flu bug, injury, something. I am sure many of you fellow enthusiasts had seen him take many a punch from Rampage and lets not forget about that slug-fest with Stephen Bonner (very hard to compare those fighters to Silva).

There are some really good fighters in the UFC now, and its just amazing to see how the sport has progressed from UFC I. Weren't those the days though? No weight classes, and you had 4 fights in a single night.

That being said, there will be more exciting fights that I will spend money on in the future...a show of hands for those who would like to see GSP drop weight and fight BJPenn in his weight class.

Rider79
08-13-09, 21:29
MMA..= MIXED martial arts.There is No CONCENTRATION on ONE thing.. while some people are better at BJJ striking ect, then others its a combination of every thing.Me I'm better at kick boxing.. but working on other areas of the MMA game.:D

Well 99.99% of the REAL MMA fighters/people who do it for real.. are just going to leave when you say to. It's that 1% that will knock you out or choke you out before you even know it.;)

That's cool. Our owner's bodyguard is a BJJ guy. Apparently he was a national champion in Brazil or something. I've got 100 lbs. on him and I'm not fighting him. I know most of the real UFC fighters and they wouldn't be getting kicked out in the first place. The weekend of the Lesnar/Mir fight, the only "problem" we had with real UFC fighters was Rampage and Rashad Evans having staged "stare-downs", I guess you could call them, in our other club to promote the next Ultimate Fighter show or something. When I had Rampage in my section the next night, I told him no fighting with Evans or I'd kick the shit out of both of them, which made him laugh. Guys like that aren't the problem. Its the little punks who put on an Affliction or Tapout shirt and think they're tough.

QuickStrike
08-13-09, 23:15
That's some nice head movement. Anderson's a so-so boxer, but boxing in MMA generally is pretty crude so he seems like a stand up god.

Not taking anything away from him since the great majority of boxers can't kick or grapple for crap. I bet Anderson trains with good boxers, a LOT. Really smart man, as boxing has the best hands...

Dr.Doom
08-14-09, 07:41

To be fair, Fedor has beat Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira(when he was a belt holder i believe), Andrei Arlovski, Tim Sylvia (in like 30 seconds when it took Coutoure 5-5minute rounds), Matt Lindland, Hong Man Choi(7'+ and 300lb +, Mirko Filipovic (when cro cop was a great fighter), Gary Goodridge (Dude is scary), Heath Herring, Renato Sobral( a badass). I do wish Fedor would fight ufc, but we dont always get what you want. Pride was brutal and had tons of scary dudes, UFC really knows how to Monopolize the sport and get the best fighters from the orginizations it puts under. I dont think Fedor has to prove his greatness at this point, but I would love nothing more than to see him fight Lesnar.

Dr.Doom
08-14-09, 07:45
That's cool. Our owner's bodyguard is a BJJ guy. Apparently he was a national champion in Brazil or something. I've got 100 lbs. on him and I'm not fighting him. I know most of the real UFC fighters and they wouldn't be getting kicked out in the first place. The weekend of the Lesnar/Mir fight, the only "problem" we had with real UFC fighters was Rampage and Rashad Evans having staged "stare-downs", I guess you could call them, in our other club to promote the next Ultimate Fighter show or something. When I had Rampage in my section the next night, I told him no fighting with Evans or I'd kick the shit out of both of them, which made him laugh. Guys like that aren't the problem. Its the little punks who put on an Affliction or Tapout shirt and think they're tough.

Man you said it, you can get a damn Affliction Shirt at the Buckle for christ sakes! Makes me want to vomit how trendy its gotten.

MR.J
08-14-09, 12:14

Agree, it gives the rest of the MMA world a bad name.But i admit to wearing MMA shirts myself:D.. but its more to promote MMA and give money to the sport.It is funny to see the posers with their shirts that walk around thinking they are the shit lol. But like i said if someone asked me or the people i'm with to leave(never happend though) we would say "ok no problem"

bluedog
08-14-09, 13:25
You can't fake that knockout; Griffin got totally sucked in by Silva. He was lunging in off-balance weight and momentum moving, leaning way forward, right into the final blow.

variablebinary
08-14-09, 14:12
I'd like to see Fedor fight Lesner, but Fedor wont ever join UFC. He's got everything to lose.

And I dont think the Silva Griffin fight was rigged. Forrest just knew he didnt have a prayer of winning. No point in getting pummeled for 3 rounds

As for Silva at 205. That could be interesting. All of UFC's best talent is the 205 bracket. Sure Forrest got walked over, but Silva would have a tougher time with Rampage and Machida. It would be nice to see Silva rip through all the Chute Box crew though.

I really miss Pride

Cascades236
08-14-09, 21:42
I was shocked. Now, clearly Silva is the better fighter, but Griffin has been in some slug fests and is generally a better caliber fighter then the Griffin that showed up for this fight.