PDA

View Full Version : Rob Haught's Tactical Shotgun Operators Course

C4IGrant
08-13-09, 11:16
Tactical Shotgun Operator

Rob will be teaching his unique method of shooting the 12 gauge shotgun, which mitigates recoil by an average of 50%. This allows fast followup shots as well as effective shots from unconventional and asymmetrical positions.

For those who don't know Rob, he is a Master Class IDPA Champion with numerous national, state and regional titles. He was previously on the Beretta pistol team, and now shoots for Smith & Wesson. Rob has been a full time police officer for nearly 20 years, and has trained countless municipal, state, and federal tactical teams across the nation. Rob's unique Push/Pull Shotgun Method garnered him press in the 2004 Combat Tactics Magazine, and has been previously adopted into the standard training curriculum of a major federal agency's regional SWAT teams and their national team.

Tactical Shotgun Operator is an intensive two day program that is
designed to provide the student with the fundamental gunhandling skills
to utilize the modern duty shotgun in an efficient and effective manner.

Focusing on manipulation skills that maximize the shotguns tactical
performance, and advanced level shooting drills that enable the student to
use this vital tool throughout its range of capabilities, Tactical Shotgun
Operator is designed to give the end user a complete system of shotgun
manipulation skills during the two day course of instruction. Students
can expect to leave the class with a much higher understanding of the
Shotgun’s capabilities and increased skill level with this weaon system.

Class Dates: September 12-13 2009

Cost: $500 per student (Dinner provided Saturday Night)

Recommended places to stay: Holiday Inn, but other choices are fine.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&rlz=1I7DMUS_en&ei=OjaESvLrGJHONafZ1NUE&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=marietta+ohio+hotels&spell=1

Student requirements: Reliable duty shotgun
Eye and ear protection
Dump Pouch or shell belt
Shooting gloves- Nomex flight gloves, etc.
Duty pistol and holster
Clothing suitable for range work.
Kneepads
500rds Birdshot
60 rds Buckshot
20rds Slug
50 rds Pistol Ammo
Liquids and Munchies ( It is hot and humid )
Bring an Open Mind!

If you are interested in going, plese contact me ASAP as the class is half full already!

C4

ToddG
08-13-09, 14:07
If I didn't already have a commitment that weekend, I'd be there.

Rob Haught is an outstanding pistol, carbine, and rifle instructor. But he is the best shotgun instructor on the planet. I'm envious of every one of you bastards that is going.

C4IGrant
08-14-09, 09:23
If I didn't already have a commitment that weekend, I'd be there.

Rob Haught is an outstanding pistol, carbine, and rifle instructor. But he is the best shotgun instructor on the planet. I'm envious of every one of you bastards that is going.

Agree.

C4

TOrrock
08-21-09, 10:18
I've been waiting for something like this....Grant, count me in.

Jay Cunningham
08-21-09, 11:14
This is an area that I need development - count me in.

Jay Cunningham
08-22-09, 20:43
What is considered a classic "birdshot" load?

TOrrock
08-22-09, 21:10
I'm assuming typical dove loads..... # 7 1/2 or #8.

Jay Cunningham
08-22-09, 21:13
I was assuming #8 as well, but didn't really know the answer for the coursework.

Rob Haught
08-24-09, 22:54
Guys;

Any 7 1/2 or 8 shot will be fine. The gold standard is Win AA's but any WalMart 100rd promo pack works fine for what we will do in class. Looking forward to seeing everyone next month.

Rob

stony275
08-25-09, 01:25
Rob,

Why couldn't this be while I'm home on leave?

Guys, I've shot with Rob numberous times and was fortunate to have a mini-clinic from him on the shotgun. This is a great opportunity to increase your combat shotguns skills. Do not hesitate in signing up for this class.

NCPatrolAR
08-27-09, 16:02
I've been looking forward to training with Rob for several years now. This is going to be fun.

Heavy Metal
08-27-09, 17:07
If I were not repaying debt right now, I would be all over this.

I am hoping this repeats next year. I should have a better scattergun by then too. All I have is a plain jane Winchester Defender.

C4IGrant
08-29-09, 15:24
I've been looking forward to training with Rob for several years now. This is going to be fun.

Should be a good time for sure.

C4

Rob Haught
09-04-09, 16:07
Should be a good time for sure.

C4

Guys,

We are down to about one week prior to class. Weather here has been exceptional and hope for more of the same. Bring rain gear just in case. A folding chair would also be a good idea. Remember to bring shooting gloves, the guns will get warm.

See you next week!

Rob

Jay Cunningham
09-04-09, 17:34
Sounds great, Rob!

Mr. Smith
09-05-09, 08:46
Thanks Rob I am looking forward to class it will be fun to get to train with you and all my class mates.

Joe Barnsfather
SUPERIOR FIREARMS LLC.
5510 Fern Valley RD. STE 102
Louisville KY. 40228
502-365-2244

Rob Haught
09-06-09, 20:51
I was at the range today for our usual sunday shootfest and was able to secure the shoothouse for our class so it looks like on TD2 we can have a shoothouse evolution as well. This is rare to be able to do shotgun in a shoothouse setting and I think will add to the program to bring all the skills together in a final exercise. We may even luck out and have Ken Hackathorn stop by and help with the house.

Rob

TOrrock
09-06-09, 22:39
I was at the range today for our usual sunday shootfest and was able to secure the shoothouse for our class so it looks like on TD2 we can have a shoothouse evolution as well. This is rare to be able to do shotgun in a shoothouse setting and I think will add to the program to bring all the skills together in a final exercise. We may even luck out and have Ken Hackathorn stop by and help with the house.

Rob

That's awesome Rob, really looking forward to this.

Tim

SeriousStudent
09-06-09, 22:46

Rob

WOW!

Chief, I would have loved to have been an attendee at this class. Unplanned issues prevented that this year. But I will eagerly look forward to the AAR from this class, and hope to train with you next year.

(muttering under my breath...Haught and Hackathorn teaching the shotty....how lucky can this class get! :D)

HawaiianBob
09-06-09, 23:25
Great now I really cant sleep...so excited...

need to pack tommrow:D

C4IGrant
09-07-09, 14:17

Rob

WAY COOL!

C4

Mr. Smith
09-07-09, 14:54

Rob

That is great Rob looking forward to the class.

Joe Barnsfather
SUPERIOR FIREARMS LLC.
5510 Fern Valley RD. STE 102
Louisville KY. 40228
502-365-2244