PDA

View Full Version : My New 3-Gun Rifle

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-13-09, 17:25
One year in collecting parts...

http://images2d.snapfish.com/232323232%7Ffp536%3B%3A%3Enu%3D3358%3E668%3E385%3EWSNRCG%3D32%3C6743%3B8%3B336nu0mrj

DPMS Lower (I really don't care about lowers)
WOA Lower Parts Kit
Ambi Safery (Bravo?)
Magpul Full MAID (Need to swap it for the Black one on my MPL)
Geissele Match Trigger
KAC Ambi Mag Release
UBR Stock
JP Upper
-18 Inch Barrel with adjustable Gas
-LMOS Operating System
-H1 buffer, looking to get an H
Trijicon TA11H w/Larue QD
Bipod is on just for sighting in

Nothing really out of the ordinary, just can't beleive it is all put together.

Not usually a gear whore, or at least a internet poster about my stuff, but this took awhile to get all the parts together. Just got the upper in 2 weeks ago, and the TA11H today. In practice clearing my house and suppressing fire from my neighbors house down the block ;) I really like the ACOG, my first. I seem to be able to make the transition from near to far OK. Going to try to get to the range tomorrow and get her sighted in. Wife has to work on the 23rd, but I want to get down to PWSA to shoot, so I'll have to sweet talk my mother-in-law.

KYPD
08-13-09, 17:37
BEAUTIFUL!

How do you like the stock?

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-13-09, 17:55
I have MPL Recce with a UBR and I really like it. Rock Solid. I have a CTR stock for my other lower that I want to eventually SBR.

Razorhunter
08-13-09, 17:59
What exactly does "LMOS Operating System" mean?

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-13-09, 18:11
What exactly does "LMOS Operating System" mean?

A little double speak LMOS is Low Mass Operating System and can be seen here:

JP LMOS Systems (http://www.jprifles.com/1.4.7_bc.php)

I haven't played with it yet, but with the adjustable gas value up front, the rifle length gas system and the lower weight BCG , along with a lower weight buffer weight, you can tweak the recoil system to work more smoothly.

Cameron
08-13-09, 18:51
Looks good. Make sure we get some 3-Gun action shots.

Cameron

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-13-09, 19:52
Cameron, have you been down to the PWSA matches? Ever do the Aurora or Weld ones? Hoping to get down there this month for it. Built the rifle with that kind of stuff in mind.

bamboolongbow
08-13-09, 20:34
Nice rifle. Where are you going to sight it in?

Robb Jensen
08-13-09, 20:35
It'll shoot even softer with a CAR buffer or a CAR buffer minus 1 weight (replace 1 weight with an equal length piece of delrin). I got mine shooting so soft that way that I could no longer feel it lock open even off the bench or prone. After adding a Phase 5 Tactical (copy of a BAD lever) it would no longer lock back so I had to extremely lighten up the bolt catch/lever and go back to a CAR buffer.

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-13-09, 20:53
Nice rifle. Where are you going to sight it in?

I was thinking about trying the Cherry Creek Family Shooting Center at the dam. Never been there. I've been trying to find a range to join since I came here, and it is just a PITA, plus most have rules that seem more in tune with sighting in than practicing tactical shooting. I was planning practicing with dry fire or maybe even an Airsoft, and using the matches around here as my real practice. What I need to find is somebody who would trade lunch for some range time at Aurora or just buy some land out east to blast on. I didn't think that finding a place to shoot would be so hard out here??

Cameron
08-13-09, 22:23
PM me and we could go to AGC. I have a couple of rifles I am sighting in this weekend.

Cameron

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-14-09, 19:56
Got her out shooting today and zero'd the dot at 100. That adjustable gas is really sweet. Can't wait until I can get a CAR buffer. Dialed the gas back, added gas till it ran, knew I was getting close when it would eject the round but not lock back on the mag. Since I had to be sitting at the range, I did some imperfect shoulder mounting to simulate slightly less resistance. After about 30 rounds it started not lockiing back, so I added some gas. I think I'll hold off on loctiting the nut till I break the gun in a little bit and get the new buffer. That EBRv2 looks pretty interesting.

USMC03
08-14-09, 20:24
Very nice, Brother. And clean photo work as well!!!

Don't forget about the run and gun rifle matches in Pueblo West: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=2475 ;)

Take care and be safe

S/F,
Jeff

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-14-09, 20:30
Jeff- Actually had your matches in mind when I was building it. Hope to see you next weekend!

cougar_guy04
08-14-09, 20:30
Looks good! Very similar to what I'd been thinking about for a 3-gun rifle

Hopefully I can get one built once I get to the point where I don't have as many projects on the table.

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-14-09, 22:22
Looks good! Very similar to what I'd been thinking about for a 3-gun rifle

Hopefully I can get one built once I get to the point where I don't have as many projects on the table.

It is about as plain vanilla, normal 3-gun set-up as you can get. That Geissele trigger is something though. Didn't really think about it until I left, but I wasn't even thinking about the trigger as a shot. My brain was just going, "Now".

M4Fundi
08-15-09, 00:12
Rifle looks great, I will be most envious when you come out to Pueblo and kick my iron sighted butt with it:p Congrats !

AlphaTango23
08-18-09, 10:50
Looks great! Congrats.

MarshallDodge
08-18-09, 13:07
Very nice!

I was out in CO this last weekend shooting with some friends up near Pine Junction. There is a shooting area up there that is open to the public. It is free but only about 75 yards long, it's still a good place for the pistols and carbines.

Approximate GPS coords: 39.329804,-105.251625