PDA

View Full Version : Panhandle members

ZDL
08-16-09, 12:00

Derek_Connor
08-16-09, 15:51
My wife is temporarily stationed in pensacola, and I live in JAX.

She is driving through that as we speak on her way back from visiting me in JAX. Her command wouldn't let her have a half day to wait it out. On a shore tour. :rolleyes:

She says it aint pretty...and pretty much stationary.

sandman99and9
08-16-09, 20:12
Orlando here, gotta keep an eye on the weather channel during the summer here.

s.m.

Palmguy
08-16-09, 20:40
Quiet and clear so far here...hopefully this bitch just goes through real quick and gets on her way. Current NHC track has it coming right on top of me (Okaloosa County / Destin), fine with me as long as it doesn't stall.

USMGoldenEagle
08-16-09, 20:42
Santa Rosa County/Navarre here and all is calm and well. Unless it is Category 3 or higher I really don't worry.

bradb55
08-16-09, 21:19
Santa Rosa County/Navarre here and all is calm and well. Unless it is Category 3 or higher I really don't worry.

I agree. Settin in P'cola and its all cool here:cool:. Looks like Panama City is getting it now.

theJanitor
08-16-09, 21:23
stay safe friends, and don't take any storms for granted. At least here in Hawaii, where there's no place to turn or run, we don't.

As i type this, i'm watching the Hurricane special on DiscoveryHD.

shade_1313
08-17-09, 04:44
It knocked out power on my block for about 30-45 minutes earlier, before I came to work. Dumped a crapload of rain on Tyndall AFB as I was arriving at work, but since then it's been really light rain, a moderate amount of rain. On the radar images, it seems to be bifurcating around TAFB. We may or may not see heavier weather later.

It sure seems to be sitting awful still up there, though.

Adam_s
08-17-09, 08:18
I still have family in/around Panama City, but they aren't stressing over a tropical storm. The season has gotten off to a late start though, and seems to be attempting to make up for lost time. Will be interesting to see how the rest of it goes...
-Adam

Palmguy
08-17-09, 09:12
Not too bad...pretty windy from 2-4 am (at which time I realized I forgot to flip over my patio table out the back door to keep the wind from getting under it...Got nice and soaked taking care of that)...primarily just a rain event though. I take a low-lying road that floods very easily approx. 2 miles to get to the main highway that runs through Eglin AFB, and it was 6-10" deep most of the way. We've got to start some testing at the range tomorrow so hopefully she'll get on out of here by the end of the day.