PDA

View Full Version : New guy placed deposit yesterday

eXistenZ
08-16-09, 21:15
I thought I should stop in and introduce myself. I just placed a deposit on my first AR yesterday, a new Colt 6920. I've spent most of my time on GlockTalk as I carry and shoot Glocks, along with a few rifles here and there.

I should be picking it up within the next couple weeks, it will be fitted with Aimpoint optics, BUIS, and rails. Nothing too crazy, just functional. Soon I'll be taking some Tactical Carbine classes also.

I hope to learn a lot from here.

RogerinTPA
08-16-09, 21:21
Welcome to M4C eXistenZ. A lot of good, well informed people here. Post some pics of your 6920 when you get it decked out.

Quib
08-16-09, 21:23
Welcome! :)

TOMTOM
08-16-09, 23:48
Welcome

SiGfever
08-17-09, 13:51
Welcome.

An excellent choice in your rifle. When you receive it, pics WILL be expected. :D

Ick
08-17-09, 14:22
Excellent!

Get ready to spend a billion dollars on accessories. I swear I don't go three months without buying something for my AR even if it is something like a better rail cover or improved sling attachment.

That thing has been a money pit since 2003. Even so, still the most favorite of my collection.

Funny how that is.....

shadco
08-17-09, 14:34
Excellent!

Get ready to spend a billion dollars on accessories. I swear I don't go three months without buying something for my AR even if it is something like a better rail cover or improved sling attachment.

That thing has been a money pit since 2003. Even so, still the most favorite of my collection.

Funny how that is.....

Welcome aboard. Nice choice

Here's a tip don't ever PM C4IGrant asking him about the board member price on this dodad or that dodad, or you will be perpetually broke.

http://www.pbase.com/shadco/image/47563696.jpg

eXistenZ
08-17-09, 14:41
Thanks everyone, I appreciate the welcome! Pics will definitely be posted as soon as I get her home. Need to think up a name for her also. :D

On the topic of spending tons of money on it, I'm already scared. When I first started carrying a handgun I spent several hundred just on different types of holsters. Actually it won't be too bad to start with, most of my money (after optics and PMags) will go to ammo and paying for a Tactical Carbine class.

HES
08-17-09, 14:44
Welcome, congrats, and have fun. Oh and try not to freeze up there. I hear it is poor form ;)

eXistenZ
08-17-09, 14:52
Welcome, congrats, and have fun. Oh and try not to freeze up there. I hear it is poor form ;)

The last class I took up here it was between -8 and -10 degrees outside. Nothing like being at the range for 8 hours trying to shoot straight while you're shivering and freezing your butt off.

08-17-09, 16:08
Welcome. Lots of good, intelligent people here. Rebel flag in Alaska?:p I like it. You are well on the way to having full-blown, incurable, BLD. Enjoy!:D

A-Bear680
08-17-09, 16:20
Thanks everyone, I appreciate the welcome! Pics will definitely be posted as soon as I get her home. Need to think up a name for her also. :D

On the topic of spending tons of money on it, I'm already scared. When I first started carrying a handgun I spent several hundred just on different types of holsters. Actually it won't be too bad to start with, most of my money (after optics and PMags) will go to ammo and paying for a Tactical Carbine class.

Welcome.
You're in the right place. M4c has saved me a lot of money that I would have wasted on junk. Use the search feature , ask the right questions : Buy once -- cry once.

Spiffums
08-17-09, 17:18
eX!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the best AR platform sight. You will like it here.

eXistenZ
08-17-09, 17:36
Welcome. Lots of good, intelligent people here. Rebel flag in Alaska?:p I like it. You are well on the way to having full-blown, incurable, BLD. Enjoy!:D

Ironic I know, being as far north as you can get while flying the southern flag. I have it for a couple reasons; First and foremost my family has deep roots down in Texas. Second, Alaska is just a misplaced southern state. If states were to start to secede (not trying to start a secession debate) Alaska would be one of them.

Alaska has some of the greatest gun laws in the US of A. http://glocktalk.com/forums/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

eXistenZ
08-17-09, 17:39
Welcome.
You're in the right place. M4c has saved me a lot of money that I would have wasted on junk. Use the search feature , ask the right questions : Buy once -- cry once.

I've been using the search feature non-stop since I placed my deposit. Searching about optics, FVG, BUIS, etc... Great information, for sure!

Spiffums
08-17-09, 17:40
I've been using the search feature non-stop since I placed my deposit. Searching about optics, FVG, BUIS, etc... Great information, for sure!

See all those search pics on Glock Talk do teach us something............kinda.

eXistenZ
08-17-09, 17:41
eX!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome to the best AR platform sight. You will like it here.

I already do! The thing I like the most is people here seem to be focused on the firearms and not debating things like "Do you pee in the shower?"

9Y10C
08-17-09, 17:47
I thought I should stop in and introduce myself. I just placed a deposit on my first AR yesterday, a new Colt 6920. I've spent most of my time on GlockTalk as I carry and shoot Glocks, along with a few rifles here and there.

I should be picking it up within the next couple weeks, it will be fitted with Aimpoint optics, BUIS, and rails. Nothing too crazy, just functional. Soon I'll be taking some Tactical Carbine classes also.

I hope to learn a lot from here.

Welcome, and a great choice to stack stuff on.

...M4c has saved me a lot of money...
That's funny, researching on this site is what caused me to start really spending a lot of the $$$ stuff. hehehe:D

PrivateCitizen
08-17-09, 17:56
Welcome to M4C.

"If someone tries to kill you, you kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

:D

eXistenZ
08-17-09, 17:58
Welcome to M4C.

"If someone tries to kill you, you kill 'em right back." - Malcolm Reynolds, Firefly

:D
http://glocktalk.com/forums/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gifhttp://glocktalk.com/forums/images/smilies/thumbs%20up.gif

08-17-09, 19:44
Colt 6920, can't go wrong. Good informed decision. Yes, I piss in the shower. Unless I'm in with the wife. Then I might anyway just to get a rise out of her. Only if one has been married>5 yrs.:D

MSP "Sarge"
08-17-09, 23:50
Hey Welcome. You'll have fun and many laughs. You should see my wife pee write her name in the shower.:D:D:D

Jim Colborn
08-18-09, 07:03
Welcome aboard.

What better way to spend your $ then on a weapon, ammo and training.