PDA

View Full Version : How often do yall get out?

number1olddog
08-17-09, 09:56
I was talking to my buddy at the range yesterday about how we never get time to go shoot. I was wondering how often do you guys get to go out and how much do yall shoot in one day at the range? Also what is yalls favorite blasting stick that you shoot the most? Pics would be great too!!:D

ToddG
08-17-09, 10:26
2-4 times per week
Half day or evening session, 500-700 rounds.
All day session (usually actually two separate shooting sessions), 1,000 - 1,200 rounds

LOKNLOD
08-17-09, 11:14
Wow, Todd.

I've been making it once or twice a month lately. Usually shoot my Glock as I need the most practice with it and ammo is a little more available and affordable than for my rifles.

I can definitely say that if I have a good month and end up shooting more, I can see the benefit in my shooting.

kaiservontexas
08-17-09, 11:14
It has been a while thanks in part to prices and the summer heat. I am sure it will ramp up for me in the winter time.

Detmongo
08-17-09, 11:20
at least twice a week. try to shoot about 250 rds. each time.

Zhurdan
08-17-09, 11:27
I get out about 2-3 times a month, sometimes more. I've been putting a lot more time into physical fitness as of late, and that chews up all the time I'd normally have for after-work shooting. I used to go quite a bit more, but with no extra free time, there's no extra reloading going on.

HES
08-17-09, 11:44
About once or twice a month and about 200 or so rounds per weapon per outing. Having three kids my wife and I find it hard to get away. We've had to resort to going with out each other to the range which sucks because we do enjoy shooting with each other.

gogetal3
08-17-09, 15:20
2-3 times a month to compete. Tac 3 gun, IPSC, IDPA

lindertw
08-17-09, 15:31
2-3 times per week; once with my daughter (her range time), once with my son (his range time), and once for me.

My 6yo son just had his first range visit two weeks ago, and my 8yo daughter has been shooting with me for ~15 months :cool: While I'm excited that my son is now shooting, available time for me to shoot just dropped (I'll make up for it with dry fire and reload practice at home). Thankfully the pip squeaks are only shooting .22lr

citizensoldier16
08-17-09, 15:35
Usually once a week for about 4 hours. It depends on what I'm shooting (pistol, carbine, precision) but I'll usually fire anywhere between 300-400 rounds each session. Precision rifle is much fewer rounds...more like 12-20 rounds.

Abraxas
08-17-09, 16:08
2-4 times per week
All day session (usually actually two separate shooting sessions), 1,000 - 1,200 rounds

I am envious.

JHC
08-17-09, 16:29
Almost every Sunday morning (religiously) at the glorious River Bend Gun Club in Dawson County, GA. Occassional Saturday match on top of that. Average of 150-200 rounds ea

Spoon
08-17-09, 19:49
2-3 times a week at the Midland Shooters Association range. Someones gotta be there to knock all the targets down at the .22lr silhouette steel range :D

JohnD
08-17-09, 19:54
Mon-Fri from 0800 to 1600. That is the benefit of being an M4 instructor!:D

QuickStrike
08-17-09, 21:46
2-4 times per week

booooooooo..... :D

I have not gone shooting for almost 2 months...

Looks like another two months before I can pay everything off and go shooting again.. :(

PlatoCATM
08-17-09, 23:10
2-4 times per week

Now I don't feel so bad.

I usually get out often enough--2-4 times per week--but only shoot about 50 rounds each range session. Once a month or so I will try to shoot a couple/few hundred rounds. It's nice being able to shoot on one's own property, but sucks not having the money to shoot higher volume.

Shadow1198
08-17-09, 23:39
Lately I've only been going once a month or every other month, and maybe 100-200rds each time. I'm getting pretty fed up with all the factors keeping me from shooting more. If I had a choice, my "realistic" range activity would be at least twice a week and at least 200-500rds a week. I feel almost like I am having to re-learn everything again. For awhile there, because of the job change, I probably didn't shoot a single round for something like 4-6 months which sucked.

Combat_Diver
08-18-09, 03:35
When I'm home I shoot just about everyday by myself and then 2-3 times a week with my son. Its nice have a 25m range in the backyard. That was a must when I retired and bought my house last year. Usually shoot 50 rds a day of various handguns and rifles. But, I haven't shot anything in the last two months at my present location.

CD

rrpederson
08-18-09, 03:44
i have been going to my department's range consistently every 2 weeks. shooting either my city issued rifle, and also these two. roughly 300 rifle rds and 100 pistol rds. mainly working on point shooting and 25 yd groups and alot of shooting while moving.
http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t319/rrpederson/012.jpg

mr_smiles
08-18-09, 09:29
It's been about 3 months for me and it varies greatly. Some times a few thousand rounds, some times just a few magazines on paper.

geminidglocker
08-18-09, 09:39
I shoot my 10-22 at least three times a week, about 50 rds. each time. I shoot atleast two mags thru my Glock 26 per week. My AR sees about 200rds. per month. I get to shoot alot because I live out in the sticks and own 13.5 acres. When I came home from the Army I promised myself I'de get a place in the sticks where I can shoot whenever I like. Promise kept. I usually plink with WWB 9mm in the Glock, but make a point of running atleast 2-3 boxes of my carry load (Speer 124gr.+p) per month.:)

panzerr
08-18-09, 13:06
I consistently get out once a week to shoot. Due to high ammo prices, lately I've been shooting pistol exclusively. I reload 45 ACP so I can easily afford to dump 300-400 rounds on target each week.

My favorite pistol to shoot is my bobtailed 4" Wilson Combat Professional Model. I also own a full size Wilson Combat Protector, which shoots awesome, but I still prefer my Professional Model.

http://sixty-six.org/x_drive/range_time.jpg

RogerinTPA
08-18-09, 16:59
Once a week, unless i'm out of town. 5-10 mags for the AR, and 100 to 150 rounds for pistol.

CobraBG
08-19-09, 08:57
I have not been shooting for a few months now. :(

Usually I go about once a month and shoot my Colt LE6920, Glock 30 and Springfield Lightweight Ultra Compact 1911. Sometimes I bring a different assortment.

With a lot of family time and the expense and availability of ammo, I haven't been shooting lately. :mad:

ABN Monk
08-19-09, 14:26
This is a sore point with me. Guns and hunting are my ONLY hobbies. But, I have a job, a wife, and 2 kids who all compete for my time. AND a public range that is an hour away. So, I feel guilty every time i set aside a half day on the weekend to head to the range. Not to mention the prices on ammo. I only shoot every 2-3 months, with the occasional exception of taking a morning off during the week to go shoot while I am "at a meeting". However, we are moving with the military back to Fort Bragg this winter, and I am purposefully looking for a house with enough land and privacy to make my own 100 yard range. That way, I can shoot almost anytime I want to.

Saginaw79
08-19-09, 14:33
I was talking to my buddy at the range yesterday about how we never get time to go shoot. I was wondering how often do you guys get to go out and how much do yall shoot in one day at the range? Also what is yalls favorite blasting stick that you shoot the most? Pics would be great too!!:D

If Im lucky i can get out quarterly and afford the ammo

Lately Ive been only shooting once or twice a year due to ammo cost or other issues

I went from being able to pop clays w/ Irons all day unsupported at 100yds to maybe holding an 8" group the same way and range :(