PDA

View Full Version : First time 1911 owner

usafcustomM4
02-05-07, 12:15
Got a new Springfield 1911 Black Stainless this weekend w/o the light rail (my first 1911 style pistol). Does any one know if there are mountable lights that clamp to the trigger guard, because i dont want to spend $200 on the surefire adapter:mad:

Also. What are some good concealment holsters.

thanks for your time
matt

Glockster35
02-05-07, 13:23
You are not likely to find anything to fit the trigger guard other than SureFire.

If you wanted a light to mount, you probably should have went for one with the rail. But all is not lost!

Your options now will involve learning/using a handheld light, or opting to add a rail, if that is the route you go, Dawson Precision is the answer to 1911 rails!

Best of luck!

usafcustomM4
02-05-07, 15:34
I'll give that a try. i kinda want to learn to use a light and weapon together any way.

just out of curiosity, are you active duty security forces. just wandering because my wife is also.

Glockster35
02-05-07, 21:28
Yes, I am Active Duty.

Shihan
02-17-07, 18:19
Im not sure if I would go the Dawson light rail method, I was advised against it by Springfield Custom due to frames cracking. As a matter of fact the wont even install rails to the dust covers.

Steve_Morrison
02-18-07, 10:55
www.gandrtactical.com will make you a good price on a Surefire MR07.

Otherwise, the Dawson rail is your best option- if you use an X200 you should not have any problems with the dustcover cracking on a Springfield.

Pat_Rogers
02-18-07, 11:01
SA may have their own reason for saying that. My experience with a large number of Kimbers, as well as observing other manufacturers guns is that the dawson rail is very good to go.