PDA

View Full Version : New Build in Progress

AlphaTango23
08-18-09, 03:31
I'm currently in Iraq, but I'm headed home in a month. So I went ahead and ordered a simple yet functional SPR that I can take hunting, and to a combat zone.

Upper:
Noveske 18 Inch SPR With VLTOR Rifle Vis and Vortex

Factory built, Noveske 18" SPR 5.56mm upper. 1 in 7 twist with polygonal rifled barrel. 5.56 Noveske Match Mod 0 chamber with a Intermediate gas system. Extended M4 feed ramps with 1/2x28 TPI muzzle threads. Bead blasted finish, Noveske pinned low profile gas block and a matched M16 Bolt carrier group. Built on a VLTOR VIS Rifle length receiver with a Smith Enterprise Vortex flash hider.

And Harris 6-9" Bipods

All Bought from PKFirearms.com

Lower:
RRA, NM Trigger, Magpul CTR, Tango Down Grip

I'm pretty excited.

I haven't found a scope yet, but I am set on a Leupold Mk4, not sure on which exact model I should go with. Any thoughts?

Sam
08-18-09, 05:17
Good luck on your upper, sounds like a nice one. I don't know if you're familiar with Centurion Arms, but Monty build exact replicas of the Mk12 SPRs. Well, it's too late anyway.
BTW, how are you going to take a privately owned weapon to a "combat zone"?

AlphaTango23
08-18-09, 10:27
Good luck on your upper, sounds like a nice one. I don't know if you're familiar with Centurion Arms, but Monty build exact replicas of the Mk12 SPRs. Well, it's too late anyway.
BTW, how are you going to take a privately owned weapon to a "combat zone"?

I'm looking at getting into the private sector.