PDA

View Full Version : Look at this kid shoot!

kal
08-18-09, 15:55
http://www.break.com/index/little-kid-at-a-shooting-range.html

sandman99and9
08-18-09, 16:23
Holy crap !! He has better control and muzzle dicipline than some of the adults I see at the range:D Wonder how good he will be in 15 years ?

s.m.

parishioner
08-18-09, 16:26
Why wasn't his slide locking back on the last round?

RogerinTPA
08-18-09, 16:41
That's an awesome video! He seems pretty proficient and safe, as to what he's doing. More so than most folks I've witnessed.

crossgun
08-18-09, 16:44
Because it’s a piece of shit race gun! Maybe first thing his father should do is get him a reliable firearm that functions. I would assume that reduced loads are the biggest issue here with the pistol not functioning.

Why in the hell is this kid gripping the pistol in his right hand and using his left hand trigger finger?

Guess I see nothing at all positive about this.

Everybody just wants to be like US Cowboys...

jwinch2
08-18-09, 17:10
I think he is holding it that way because his hands aren't big enough to hold it the proper way.

mechelaar
08-18-09, 18:11
As much as I am all for exposing children to firearms at an early age, this seems like an example of a kid with too much gun. His hands are too small to function it properly. Also, it appears he has developed a significant anticipation flinch. I hate to say it, but I'm afraid all the kid is doing is ingraining bad habits. The boy should be out plinking cans with a .22, not running a race gun in a competition shoot.

kbrdann
08-18-09, 21:02
That little guy did a great job.. He had great muzzle control, even when he stoped to scrach his nose.

MarshallDodge
08-18-09, 21:13
Great video. What is there not to like? He is having a lot of fun while shooting.

Yes, the kid has some bad habits but none of them created any safety concerns.

Here is a recent video of my boys and I having some fun with the guys at wethearmed.com :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qafnU7naPuY

shadco
08-18-09, 21:23
Did anyone notice there didn't appear to be any grips on the gun?

He should have an appropriate sized pistol that works properly.

SteyrAUG
08-19-09, 00:20
Because it’s a piece of shit race gun! Maybe first thing his father should do is get him a reliable firearm that functions. I would assume that reduced loads are the biggest issue here with the pistol not functioning.

Why in the hell is this kid gripping the pistol in his right hand and using his left hand trigger finger?

Guess I see nothing at all positive about this.

Everybody just wants to be like US Cowboys...

Perhaps a case of big gun and small hands. As someone who started very young I can remember not being able to do things in the conventional way. For example I could hold a 1911 with a good grip IF I had my finger inside the trigger guard (which of course is not the safe or conventional way) but if I held it with my finger OUT of the trigger guard (safe) then I couldn't reliably hold the gun to transition my finger back to the trigger.

I also assume that the gun wasn't locking back because low powered rounds were being used (as you alluded to) and I can see why. That kid wasn't shooting a .22 and if he was shooting conventional .45 the handgun would probably fly out of his hands. Personally I think his Dad should get him a gun that is a better fit for such a young shooter.

SteyrAUG
08-19-09, 00:22
As much as I am all for exposing children to firearms at an early age, this seems like an example of a kid with too much gun. His hands are too small to function it properly. Also, it appears he has developed a significant anticipation flinch. I hate to say it, but I'm afraid all the kid is doing is ingraining bad habits. The boy should be out plinking cans with a .22, not running a race gun in a competition shoot.

I think you can do both. He can run a gun race with a smaller frame .22 auto and probably do just fine.

randyman_ar
08-19-09, 02:16
Wow! Way to go Dad.....or Mom. Wish we had more kids and parents like that.

mechelaar
08-19-09, 02:18
I think you can do both. He can run a gun race with a smaller frame .22 auto and probably do just fine.

Good point.

M4Fundi
08-19-09, 02:33
Don't know which country he is in, but 22 are illegal in many countries and while I'd like to see him using a BB Gun instead... considering his age, the child is IMPRESSIVE, lets just hope his supervision is equally as impressive:)

Robb Jensen
08-19-09, 07:17
It's best to get them shooting as early as possible provided they are mature enough to realize the seriousness of firearms.

One of my fellow Hatfields Gunsmithing sponsored shooters is Tori N. She's been shooting for 3yrs and is 15yrs old (IIRC).

http://www.hatfieldsgunsmithing.com/Hatfields_Shooting_Team.html

Littlelebowski
08-19-09, 07:23
That Robb guy on Hatfield's website looks like a real pro! Wonder if he gives out autographs?

Robb Jensen
08-19-09, 07:25
That Robb guy on Hatfield's website looks like a real pro! Wonder if he gives out autographs?

Only to IT gimps.....:D

CarlosDJackal
08-19-09, 09:52
The kid's muzzle control is what I really find amazing!! :eek:

This kid would put a lot of the more experienced shooters to shame when it comes to muzzle control.

kaiservontexas
08-19-09, 10:34
Did I see him do rack, tap, and bang?

I agree he should have something smaller in his hands. I did not like the way he was pulling the slide back. It looked as if he could have discharged into his forearm, but I like the video.

spamsammich
08-19-09, 10:38
Don't know which country he is in, but 22 are illegal in many countries and while I'd like to see him using a BB Gun instead... considering his age, the child is IMPRESSIVE, lets just hope his supervision is equally as impressive:)

Sounds like they're speaking tagalog in the video, Philippines. I'm pretty sure .22 are legal there.

wargasm
08-19-09, 11:35
Wow! Amazing little kid! I'm not going to nitpick and whine about him being over-gunned, bad form, should be plinking with a .22, etc. One day he's going to be right up there with the likes of Jethro "The Jet" Dionisio and K.C. Eusebio! If the kid keeps it up, he will evolve into a world class shooter! That full-size pistol will become a natural extension of his body! Tell the kids at the junior shooting leagues that they're over-gunned and should be plinking cans! I don't think so! :eek:

four
08-19-09, 12:15
hey man, there's no way he could make Major with a .22.

Seriously though, kid's gotta be six years old, maybe. I'll give him the bad grip, the flinch, and booger break, and still spot him a minute.

I mean, he's SIX.
He looks like he's having fun. Which at that age is way more important.

Robb Jensen
08-19-09, 12:25
hey man, there's no way he could make Major with a .22.

Seriously though, kid's gotta be six years old, maybe. I'll give him the bad grip, the flinch, and booger break, and still spot him a minute.

I mean, he's SIX.
He looks like he's having fun. Which at that age is way more important.

Exactly, it's typically the non-competitors that are the critics.

I've been beaten by Juniors. I'm not ashamed of it, hell I'm proud of them when they beat me. I wish I was out competing that young. Juniors are the future of this country and the future of the sport. I do what I can to help them out whenever possible with gear, advice or gun work.

wargasm
08-19-09, 12:52
Exactly, it's typically the non-competitors that are the critics.

I've been beaten by Juniors. I'm not ashamed of it, hell I'm proud of them when they beat me. I wish I was out competing that young. Juniors are the future of this country and the future of the sport. I do what I can to help them out whenever possible with gear, advice or gun work.

Thank you! Lots of little "cowkids" his age are still being pushed around the mall in the undersized "cowbuggy" by their ""Cowmama", plinking boogers into their pie holes! :eek::eek::eek: