PDA

View Full Version : Wanting to add more barrel lengths/calibers to my form 1

trio
08-19-09, 07:57
Hey fellas....

I want to, I guess, modify my form 1 for my SBR to reflect that I may have uppers of different lengths, and possibly different calibers...

I can't get the search function to work for me this morning (screen just goes blank)

does anyone have the address you send such a letter to?

also, any examples of what you said (and were successful) would be much appreciated to help me with the wording

thanks!

khc3
08-19-09, 11:52
Send it here:

National Firearms Act Branch
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives
244 Needy Road, Suite 1250
Martinsburg, WV 25405

(304) 616-4500 (main number)
(304) 616-4501 (fax)

I would just ask them to amend the registry to reflect that you occasionally have the gun in a different configuration than what is hown on your Form 1, and then list those barrel lengths/calibers. Include two copies and a SASE and ask that they stamp one copy "received" and return it to you.

I wouldn't bother with it, personally, unless I was going to get rid of the original (listed on the Form 1) upper permanently.

11b4v
09-03-09, 08:41
^ what he said.

I run multiple barrel lengths/uppers on my sbr. at the end of the day, the original upper goes back on and in the safe. wholly legal.

decodeddiesel
09-03-09, 13:19
Send it here:

National Firearms Act Branch
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives
244 Needy Road, Suite 1250
Martinsburg, WV 25405

(304) 616-4500 (main number)
(304) 616-4501 (fax)

I would just ask them to amend the registry to reflect that you occasionally have the gun in a different configuration than what is hown on your Form 1, and then list those barrel lengths/calibers. Include two copies and a SASE and ask that they stamp one copy "received" and return it to you.

I wouldn't bother with it, personally, unless I was going to get rid of the original (listed on the Form 1) upper permanently.

I agree. Good reply!