PDA

View Full Version : Members from New Jersey?

Zero Signal
08-19-09, 10:34
Hey, Just wondering how many other guys on here from NJ? Had a few questions reguarding are wonderful gun laws before I purchase a M4.

p7k3
08-19-09, 10:47
I'm from NJ, pm me and I'll try to help you out.

Russell92
08-19-09, 22:52
I'm from NJ and can also help you sort through our lovely gun laws.

Zero Signal
08-19-09, 22:58
Trying to buy my first M4. Was thinking of a Daniel Defense. where u guys go in NJ to get your carbines?I live in Ocean County but willing to make a drive somewhere. Trying to get one from g&r but they not to sure with nj gun laws to put the proper parts on it.

cody0341
08-20-09, 00:34
hey I'm in NJ right now. F this state when it comes to gun laws.

Mark71
08-20-09, 04:21
Trying to buy my first M4. Was thinking of a Daniel Defense. where u guys go in NJ to get your carbines?I live in Ocean County but willing to make a drive somewhere. Trying to get one from g&r but they not to sure with nj gun laws to put the proper parts on it.

If you are set on a DD carbine, ADCO sells them and will make them NJ legal before they ship the gun to your FFL. They remove the bayonet lug, perm attach, a muzzle brake, and will fix the stock.

Rainier Arms will also do the same and has the DD rifles in stock.
http://www.rainierarms.com/

Alex V
08-20-09, 13:42
God I hate this state...

Anyway, If you are willing to take a drive to Bellville there is a small store called the Bullet Hole. Awesome staff and they usualy have 1 or two AR's in stock. I know they are a dealer for Colt, Bushmaster, Sabre Defence and many more. Not sure about DD though. They also have a gunsmith on site so if you get a rifle that does not have a pinned stock or muzzle brake [remember you can not have a flash hider]

PM me if you want the number. I go there all the time because they have a short range [25 yards] in the store as well. Awesome people.

As far as the laws go for an AR

Can't have a magazine with greater than 15 rounds. With the help of people on this site I was able to find PMAGS that were fixed to be 15 rounds in a 30 round body.

Can't have a flash hider... Muzzle brake only.

Can't have a collapsable stock.

Cant have a combined barrel of less than 16" [no NFA in NJ].

Can't have an attachment for bayonette either.

And so on. NJ sucks, but its duable to own a AR here...

If you are in Ocean Co. There is a new store that opened up in Lakewood called Brick Armory. I can't tell you how good the service is, but according tot he pics on their website they have "a lot" of AR's A lot by NJ standards lol

Russell92
08-21-09, 00:06
As others have said if you want the DD or a similarly configured AR you'll need to have a muzzle brake permanently attached, the bayonet lug cut off and the collapsible stock pinned. You also can’t have the 30rd mag that comes with it.

I just finished a build using a BCM middy upper and had the upper sent to ADCO to get the bayo lug cut off and a PWS FSC556 perm attached. ADCO does great work and is really fast, I had the upper back within a week a shipping it out.

If you order the DD you can have it shipped straight to ADCO to be made NJ legal before it’s shipped to a local FFL. Only downside with that is if you want the collapsible stock pinned you need to tell them how many clicks out you want the stock pinned before you can handle it and see what fits you best. If you already know what length works for you then it’s not a problem. I went with a Sully stock on my build and it’s the perfect length for me.

ARs seem to be pretty over priced at most NJ gun shops, plus I doubt you’ll find a DD in NJ. I think your best bet is to order a DD from Grant or ADCO (or BCM from Grant) or build one yourself.

Alex V
08-22-09, 08:56
As others have said if you want the DD or a similarly configured AR you'll need to have a muzzle brake permanently attached, the bayonet lug cut off and the collapsible stock pinned. You also can’t have the 30rd mag that comes with it.

I just finished a build using a BCM middy upper and had the upper sent to ADCO to get the bayo lug cut off and a PWS FSC556 perm attached. ADCO does great work and is really fast, I had the upper back within a week a shipping it out.

If you order the DD you can have it shipped straight to ADCO to be made NJ legal before it’s shipped to a local FFL. Only downside with that is if you want the collapsible stock pinned you need to tell them how many clicks out you want the stock pinned before you can handle it and see what fits you best. If you already know what length works for you then it’s not a problem. I went with a Sully stock on my build and it’s the perfect length for me.

ARs seem to be pretty over priced at most NJ gun shops, plus I doubt you’ll find a DD in NJ. I think your best bet is to order a DD from Grant or ADCO (or BCM from Grant) or build one yourself.

Exactly right...

I just have a question... Do you line in NJ?

If the answer is no, disregard the fallowing.

If so:
Why did you install a PWS FSC556... flash hiders are explicitly banned in NJ. You can have a muzzle brake, which means the opening is the same diameter as the bore. The PWS is clearly not that... You might get into some serious shit with that thing on the end man. I may be speaking out of school here, but that looks like a flash hider with a muzzle brake feature which according to my understanding of the law makes it illegal in NJ.

QuietShootr
08-22-09, 09:01
I am going to pick up my 10.5" suppressed AR and give it a little kiss...and thank God I don't live in that benighted state anymore.

Mark71
08-22-09, 11:05
Why did you install a PWS FSC556... flash hiders are explicitly banned in NJ. You can have a muzzle brake, which means the opening is the same diameter as the bore. The PWS is clearly not that... You might get into some serious shit with that thing on the end man. I may be speaking out of school here, but that looks like a flash hider with a muzzle brake feature which according to my understanding of the law makes it illegal in NJ.

The PWS FSC556 is 100% legal to have attached on your rifle in NJ and other ban States. It has been classified as a non-flash suppressing device by the BATFE. The document can be found on the website....

http://www.primaryweapons.com/STORE/PC/viewPrd.asp?idcategory=&idproduct=9

It is IMO the best muzzle device to have if you reside in a ban State.

Russell92
08-22-09, 11:17
Alex, unfortunately, yes I do live in NJ. Mark's got it covered with the explanation and link. I actually printed out the BATFE letter from PWS's website and keep it in my range bag in case I get questioned on it. Better safe than sorry...

Alex V
08-22-09, 17:49
Alex, unfortunately, yes I do live in NJ. Mark's got it covered with the explanation and link. I actually printed out the BATFE letter from PWS's website and keep it in my range bag in case I get questioned on it. Better safe than sorry...

HOLY CRAP!!!!

Thats awesome!

Now I know what I'm getting for my next riffle! Thank you!

Safetyhit
08-22-09, 19:05
where u guys go in NJ to get your carbines?

Where ever I have them shipped to after ordering them. Best way is to purchase online from someone reputable and simply pay the $20 transfer fee.

Just make sure it's ban compliant before you take it home.