PDA

View Full Version : MSNBC edits video of AR-15 at Obama rally to hide the carrier is Black

variablebinary
08-20-09, 02:38
As if we didnt always know MSNBC was scum. So what is the role of the press again.

At any rate, we already know there is a certain type of politician that has a violent aversion to black people with guns...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYKQJ4-N7LI

JSandi
08-20-09, 02:42
Yeah... there's a shock.

Rider79
08-20-09, 05:12
That was pretty absurd to watch the black commentator talk about white racists while showing the edited video of a black guy carrying a gun. I would think that the commentator knew the guy was black and he knew he was lying. Or maybe he had no idea, only saw the edited video, and was talking out his ass about something he knew nothing about. I can believe either scenario.

11Bravo
08-20-09, 13:46
Anyone know where to see the footage showing the guy with the rifle to be black?
Nice to send links to both to the folks I know saying we're all a bunch of racist white boys so they can at least see the truth.
Whether they choose to ignore it from there is their problem.

Dave_M
08-20-09, 14:16
Anyone know where to see the footage showing the guy with the rifle to be black?

http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=3906861&cl=15098903&ch=4226713&src=news

Irish
08-20-09, 14:30
http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/player/popup/?rn=3906861&cl=15098903&ch=4226713&src=news

Nice find.

11Bravo
08-20-09, 14:43
Agreed.
Thanks.

Mac5.56
08-20-09, 14:44
WTF,
You have got to be kidding me. This country is insane.

I heard a metaphor for our nations behavior right now: We are currently the dysfunctional family that is always fighting down the block. How much more lame can both sides get in this.

kaiservontexas
08-20-09, 15:38
Miniprop is proud.

The_War_Wagon
08-20-09, 15:39
PMS-NBC...<<<Yawn...>>> wotta shock THAT was... :rolleyes:

chadbag
08-20-09, 16:30

This guy is pretty articulate and, to paraphrase Biden, a clean dude!

IRON DUKE
08-20-09, 16:36
As a conservative black republican all I can say is I`ve had enough I`m going to my bunker call me when it`s over. Hopefully after the mid term or 2012 elections.

WRAM1
08-20-09, 19:06
MSNBC editing to hide the facts? Say it ain't so!

Heavy Metal
08-20-09, 20:49
Contess Brewer simply:

Can't
Understand
Normal
Thinking

That is her problem in a nutshell.

RogerinTPA
08-20-09, 21:03
That tape was so fu-kin BS. Just shows more evidence of just how disingenuous that POS MSNBC can be. What a crock of shit.

SteyrAUG
08-20-09, 22:28
TYPICAL.

HwyKnight
08-20-09, 23:03
What a piece of crap network!

variablebinary
08-21-09, 03:07
The worst part of all is hearing the news commentators talk about the racism and racial undertones...

HE'S BLACK, YOU MORONS

I swear, I hate MSNBC. I so want to punch Olberman, Maddow and Matthews right in the balls.

variablebinary
08-21-09, 04:17
http://www.politico.com/blogs/michaelcalderone/0809/ALG_to_MSNBC_Fire_Brewer_Ratigan_Toure.html?showall

August 20, 2009
Categories: MSNBC
ALG to MSNBC: Fire Brewer, Ratigan, Toure

I wrote earlier how an MSNBC segment is drawing heat from conservatives who accuse the network of selectively cropping an image so as not to show that one of the people carrying guns at an Obama event was an African-American.

Now, Bill Wilson, president of Americans for Limited Government, is now calling on the network to fire those responsible for producing the broadcast, in what he describes as a "nefarious assault on decency."

On behalf of the nearly half million members of Americans for Limited Government — and tens of millions of other equally appalled Americans of all races nationwide — I hereby demand the immediate termination of Contessa Brewer, Toure, Dylan Ratigan and any and all others involved in any way with the fraudulent “news” that ran in the 10:45AM segment of your August 18 broadcast.

Wilson sent the letter to NBC News President Steve Capus, and copied GE chief Jeffrey Immelt and MSNBC president.

UPDATE: An MSNBC spokesperson said the claim against the network are "completely ridiculous."

UPDATE 2: Olbermann showed more footage of the man on Aug. 19.
» Continue reading ALG to MSNBC: Fire Brewer, Ratigan, Toure

Mr. Steve Capus
NBC News
30 Rockefeller Plaza
New York, N.Y. 10112
Dear Mr. Capus:

On Tuesday, August 18, at 10:45 AM, your network -- with a blatantly racist broadcast -- took the falsification of the news to a dangerous new low. I am writing to you today on behalf of the 400,000 members of Americans for Limited Government nationwide to ask that all involved in this nefarious assault on decency be immediately fired from their jobs.

I am referring, of course, to the MSNBC “news” cast on that morning in which your anchors hysterically raised the specter of impending racial violence — while carefully cropping the very video upon which they based their duplicitous charges. Leading audiences nationwide to believe that militant whites were mounting violence against a black President, they deliberately covered up the fact that the individual they were framing was himself African-American.

I could go on with a graphic description of the horrendous misrepresentation foisted on the American people by your anchors and those who worked with them on your distorted reportage, but by now, I am sure that you are well aware of the despicable fraud they perpetrated. Even if you, like most Americans, were not watching MSNBC at the time, you undoubtedly have been apprised of the transgression by now.

Therefore, I will not waste your time or mine regurgitating the facts of the blatant abuse of the public trust. Instead, let me simply get to the vital thrust of this letter:

On behalf of the nearly half million members of Americans for Limited Government — and tens of millions of other equally appalled Americans of all races nationwide — I hereby demand the immediate termination of Contessa Brewer, Toure, Dylan Ratigan and any and all others involved in any way with the fraudulent “news” that ran in the 10:45AM segment of your August 18 broadcast.

You network has besmirched the dignity and honor of American people. You have endangered the life of the President of the United States. You have purposely fanned racial tensions. And you have deliberately lied to your own audience.

Failure on your part to act will be proof positive that you, your corporation and the corporation that owns you intended this deception. As such, you can no longer claim to be “press” in any sense of the word but will have crossed the line, becoming a political advocacy organization. That, then, becomes a matter for the FCC and the courts to consider the proper punishment for this gross transgression of the rules of a civil society.

Thank you.
William Wilson
President
Americans for Limited Government
cc: Jeffrey Immelt, President and Chairman, General Electric

Phil Griffin, President MSNBC News

Robb Jensen
08-21-09, 04:38
As if we didnt always know MSNBC was scum. So what is the role of the press again.

At any rate, we already know there is a certain type of politician that has a violent aversion to black people with guns...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYKQJ4-N7LI

I don't trust anything from MS-LSD (as Mark Levin aka The Great One calls them.)

A-Bear680
08-21-09, 09:09

Proof that MSNBC lied and a good letter to modify -- all in the same thread.
Gotta love actionable intell and good tools. Anybody got e-mail addies for MSNBC ?
:)

Ick
08-21-09, 09:39
unreal.

for some reason I cannot access Youtube now...

Safetyhit
08-21-09, 10:21
I swear, I hate MSNBC. I so want to punch Olberman, Maddow and Matthews right in the balls.

They are doing that to themselves (Maddow included) just about every night now via their horrible "journalism". The lame fu*ks are still bashing Cheney while the rest of the world moves on to relevant things.

A-Bear680
08-21-09, 12:57
Thanks for posting this:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/michaelcalderone/0809/ALG_to_MSNBC_Fire_Brewer_Ratigan_Toure.html?showall
I plan to adapt some of the material and pass it on. This seem especially good:
"Your network has besmirched the the dignity and honor of the American people. You have endangered the life of the President of the United States . You have purposely fanned racial tensions. And you have deliberatel lied to your own audience."

I hope that AfLG has the clout to make an FCC complaint or some other type of legal action stick.
:)

SteyrAUG
08-21-09, 12:58
The worst part of all is hearing the news commentators talk about the racism and racial undertones...

HE'S BLACK, YOU MORONS

They know, it was deliberate.

Ridge_Runner_5
08-21-09, 13:31
People's Press Collective (http://www.peoplespresscollective.org/2009/08/racists-with-guns-at-health-reform-rally/)

Preferred User
08-21-09, 16:23
Yet another example of the media not getting it - CLICK (http://www.infowars.com/missouri-dealership-gives-away-ak-47-with-purchase-of-new-truck/)

Iowa Don
08-21-09, 17:33
I don't care what his color is, but I do care that the "major media" are ecstatic to portray Caucasian males as lunatics. What's worse is that they willfully and knowingly lie in order to do it. The Des Moines Register was a straight-up newspaper when I was a teenager. Typical of almost all newspapers, it has moved so far to the left there is little difference between it and Trud or Pravda. We call it "red Star" after the former Soviet army paper.

Where was the "national media" when two black men stood outside a polling place in Philadelphia with clubs and intimidated black voters? These people are so eager to make a story, as opposed to reporting one, that they will do anything, including fanning the embers of racism, to accomplish it.

geminidglocker
08-21-09, 18:50
I went to a family gathering today. I'm from Vermont. They're mostly Liberals/Dems. from New Jersey and we don't always agree, but we all consider ourselves mature and intelligent enough to host meaningful and spirited conversations. During our usual opening statements the subject came up of which we speek here. They told me that it was actually a Caucasian man carrying a gun at a rally/town hall. I said "No, it was edited to appear Non-descript of race." Well, long story short, I showed them on the Net. They were like "Oh." and "Oh, but I thought a white man was the only one that was carrying a gun in New Hampshire." They apparently don't watch enough real news. Two were Doctors, one was a "Well Traveled" Robotics Engineer, and the last a Linguistics teacher/Hebrew Scholar. Here's me, the Redneck, using the Net to School them. After that they hung on my every word, of which I offered few, as folks like these have already made up their minds, and besides, there will be more of them there tommorrow at my Mom's house down the road for a family reunion. I can't wait to "School" them once again.

beren74
08-21-09, 19:21
This is another reason why the internet is such a great alternative to getting news since the modern media is so corrupt. When they start to figure out that they can't get away with their antics anymore due to how freely information gets out on the internet, watch for them to try harder (yes, I know attempts have been made already) to lobby for regulation.

After how the networks and most of their reporters handled the election coverage last year, not to mention how they tried to spin Iraq into Vietnam, I had pretty much had it with the likes of MSNBC. I don't think I can be any more done with them, but they just keep setting new lows.

A-Bear680
08-21-09, 19:33
I checked several gun sites earlier today and could not find anything quite like this thread . Maybe the details of the MSNBC lie campaign are still under the radar.
It could be a very good thing if this spread fast while it's still fresh. I could Not get the link to the Politico blog to work on any other site. Spent some time trying -- but no luck.

Cascades236
08-21-09, 20:53
MSNBC, never again

geminidglocker
08-21-09, 20:57
Fox News made a deal of it yesterday.

Heavy Metal
08-21-09, 21:05
Instapundit was all over it. I also emailed a link to the original video to him.

jmp45
08-21-09, 23:50
Fox News made a deal of it yesterday.

That's good to know.. I missed that and was hoping they'd cover it. This is just way over the top.

variablebinary
08-22-09, 03:32
They know, it was deliberate.

Yeah, I know, man. And I know MSNBC is scummy. However, this is above and beyond their usual antics and stoops to a new low.

rickrock305
08-22-09, 14:53
why the hell would you bring an AR15 to a protest about healthcare? :rolleyes:

khc3
08-22-09, 14:59

The incident was a staged publicity stunt concocted by libertarian Ron Paul supporters.

As for what "message" the stunt was intended to convey, I don't know.

Mjolnir
08-22-09, 16:10
Jeesh! You guys "just figurin' this crap out"? It's true with ALL of the Mainstream Media. Nothing new here. Same sappy, crappy crap. All the more reason to scour ALL sources of media to try to get a handle on things. 1984 has come and passed; now we must DEAL with it.

kaiservontexas
08-22-09, 19:24
The incident was a staged publicity stunt concocted by libertarian Ron Paul supporters.

As for what "message" the stunt was intended to convey, I don't know.

The guy was interviewed by Alex Jones yesterday. He is not for any politicians. He is a well spoken individual with odd ideas, or what most, including me, would consider a weirdo.

Freemnd
08-29-09, 22:53
The guy was interviewed by Alex Jones yesterday. He is not for any politicians. He is a well spoken individual with odd ideas, or what most, including me, would consider a weirdo.

Hello again forum,

I've been watching the discussion and tech threads and decided to check if any Alex Jones info had hit the airwaves since my "Just Became Disappointed with M4Carbine.net" post.

This guy just said it. The majority of Infowars.com and PrisonPlanet.com information is very hard to agree with, stomach, consider rational, etc. Some of us out in the ether, after watching for a while and independently researching the facts on the websites, have come to follow certain of Mr. Jones' anlayses; I have found IMMV to really be true with his info.

But look around at how different the world has become in the last several years. Look at who is in power at all levels of government, local or otherwise. Consider how many controls are in place. Many have not been enacted yet but they are still there, and they can be put into place at the discression of any current "leaders". Many to most of us here cannot even believe the "Reality" we find ourselves in. Maybe considering what was once "Crazy Talk" as something closer resembling actual reality, not only makes sense but is the ONLY thing that can wake us up. Just look at the info, process it, and make up your own mind.

IF ALTERNATIVE INFORMATION CONTINUES TO BE IGNORED SOLELY BECAUSE IT IS NOT WHAT WAS TAUGHT TO US BY OUR SCHOOLS AND OUR GOVERNMENT THEN HOW CAN WE EXPECT TO BE ANYTHING OTHER THAN THE WELL DOCUMENTED ENSLAVED OF THE WORLD?

VooDoo6Actual
08-29-09, 23:18
shocking heh....

Freemnd
08-29-09, 23:54

I think this is a fair question and it has certainly been asked by the likes of Chris Matthews, Olberman, and Maddow among other "objective" "journalists".

Here's how I look at it. These town hall meetings have become much more than mere brain storming sessions about a certain piece of legislation. First off there are never any town hall meetings, that I am aware of, concerning other important aspects of American life. So since WE THE PEOPLE finally have a venue, to discuss face to face our opinions on daily life with our elected officials, many people are giving their opinions on all matter of laws and living. Most are speaking, some are shouting, and others are using their actions to speak their views.

When I see men exercising their STATE right to open carry at a public gathering I see them as people who are reminding the politicians and their fellow citizens that some of still know our rights and are willing to tell people that we do. They pose no more inherent threat to anyone as does anyone else in the crowd. LE and Secret Service are all over these people anyway. The people who are not open carrying pose a greater threat to, let's say, the President. Their movements are not being scrutinized to such a high degree.

In short ( yeah I know), these meetings are now about people being pissed off and scared; feeling as they have been diminished and rejected and wanting to speak about, through whichever medium they feel fit, their concerns and greivances. What do you think?

tmckay2
08-30-09, 18:01
im all for the guys right to carry due to the law, but frankly i think it was very poor judgement to carry at a town hall meeting, which have obviously been very heated and have come close to violence. it just seems like setting yourself up to be coerced into doing something stupid. furthermore, with all that crazies in power i think we certainly need to stand up for our rights but also be very careful, there are a huge amount of people on the fence about guns and gun laws, we don't want to make mistakes that end up turning these types of people against the right to bear arms

Barron Fields
08-30-09, 18:23
Something interesting I found about the still pic of the gentleman in question is that he had another 30 round mag in his pocket.

Seriously folks, we have gotten so far away from The Constitution in this country that even conservatives think Ron Paul sounds far fetched. Compared to the last few Republican presidents we have had, even JFK looked like he leaned right.

Ronald Reagan said it best, 'True conservatism is truely Libertarian'

Safetyhit
08-30-09, 19:16
Hello again forum...

Great to hear from you again, as truth spinner's are always common game here.

RJG
08-30-09, 22:02
This excellent video by Bill Whittle at Pajamas Media puts this whole msnbc into perspective:

http://www.pjtv.com/v/2343

Freemnd
08-31-09, 00:12
Great to hear from you again, as truth spinner's are always common game here.

This whole thread is dealing with the issue of "truth spinners". My comments on these threads has been about people, Alex Jones in particular, who look at the mainstream and governmental information that is put out to the public and try to make sense of it all, finding how it fits together.

As I have repeatedly said Alex Jones' analysis is subject to all of our scrutiny. But if an individual chooses to not look at that analysis, they have no basis to discredit it and are not even aware of the information that leads to the analysis.

So, Safetyhit, I would like to hear any thoughts you might have on the larger subject of propoganda, thought control, thought directioning, and the like. To this point you have only responded to my comments with pithy little one-liners. That's fine, but let's hear what you've come up with. Take it easy, friend.

Freemnd
08-31-09, 00:16
This excellent video by Bill Whittle at Pajamas Media puts this whole msnbc into perspective:

http://www.pjtv.com/v/2343

Thanks for this video, I learned some new things right there. A great reminder that as unbelievable as it may seem, our enemies do live in our neighborhoods and teach our children. Gotta keep spreading the message....

rickrock305
08-31-09, 00:52
I think this is a fair question and it has certainly been asked by the likes of Chris Matthews, Olberman, and Maddow among other "objective" "journalists".

Here's how I look at it. These town hall meetings have become much more than mere brain storming sessions about a certain piece of legislation. First off there are never any town hall meetings, that I am aware of, concerning other important aspects of American life. So since WE THE PEOPLE finally have a venue, to discuss face to face our opinions on daily life with our elected officials, many people are giving their opinions on all matter of laws and living. Most are speaking, some are shouting, and others are using their actions to speak their views.

When I see men exercising their STATE right to open carry at a public gathering I see them as people who are reminding the politicians and their fellow citizens that some of still know our rights and are willing to tell people that we do. They pose no more inherent threat to anyone as does anyone else in the crowd. LE and Secret Service are all over these people anyway. The people who are not open carrying pose a greater threat to, let's say, the President. Their movements are not being scrutinized to such a high degree.

In short ( yeah I know), these meetings are now about people being pissed off and scared; feeling as they have been diminished and rejected and wanting to speak about, through whichever medium they feel fit, their concerns and greivances. What do you think?

thats a good take on it. no, these guys didn't pose a threat at all. they had cleared their actions with the LE and Secret Service, and even had some type of police escort from what i hear.

but i don't believe it was the time or place to be toting an AR15 around. it detracts from the current debate. and it also does not look good for gun owners. anti gun people are generally afraid of guns or have a general distrust around them, so in their eyes it looks like a cheap intimidation move (which it may or may not have been) IMO, it doesn't do anyone any good.

im all for the guys right to carry due to the law, but frankly i think it was very poor judgement to carry at a town hall meeting, which have obviously been very heated and have come close to violence.

exactly why i said it seems like a cheap intimidation move. same thing with the tacticool dropleg holster guy. sure they can make the argument that they're exercising their rights, but IMO it hurts the cause rather than helps.

Freemnd
08-31-09, 01:41
I see the point you are making and I do agree with it some respects. I think also though that a point can be made about not letting our actions be dictated by the potential response by those on the left side of the argument or even those on the fence. I have seen for a very long time now that the leftist side of the equation has pidgeon-holed right-minded people into not saying what they believe. We all are somewhat fearful of the ramifications of being labeled a racist, or a gun nut, or a "truth twister". It can cost us our job, our seat on the P.T.A (or whatever), our ability to freely pursue life, liberty, and happiness.

I think this is also at the true heart of what is going on at these meetings. People are just completely sick of being forced on the sidelines by the minority and the power brokers who keep that minority, comfortably feeling as though their way is inherently correct. I've never seen this before and I keep my eyes open. It's quite a thing to behold.

One more point...The video that was posted a few above here started out talking about a black man who was passing out "Don't Tread on Me" posters at a meeting. Some members of the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) asked him "What kind of 'THE WORD' are you?', then assaulted him, kicking and punching him while he was on the ground. That's the real gang and the real Brown Shirts. That's what Brown Shirts have done since time immemorium, shirt colors varying.

Now what if there had been an armed citizen nearby (as the police seem nowhere to be found)? Could that attack have been thwarted? Would the attackers have even considered a physical assault on a fellow "right-winger" if a man was standing nearby with a pistol on his leg? Doubtful. Food for thought my friends. These may be the very days we have been wondering about. Don't be the agressor, just defend yourself at all costs. I know it's easier said than done but maybe people are coming together...DON'T LET THE OTHER SIDE KEEP TELLING YOU HOW TO LIVE.