PDA

View Full Version : AR15/M16 armorer courses?

freakshow10mm
08-20-09, 18:35
Relatively new here so not many know me or what I do. My company is a Class 2 SOT in Upper Michigan (da UP dere hey). We load ammunition and deal with AR15/M16 weapon systems. Law enforcement is fast becoming an outlet for our sales and services, ammo.

Many departments up here have M16s and ARs but no armorers or support for them so the guns sit idle and neglected. Myself and my team are capable of handling most tasks and would like to be the local support for their weapons. Trouble is none of us have formal training, it's all hands on working on our own guns. I've been assembling ARs for almost 10 years (I'm 28). The other couple guys that work for me build (machine lowers, uppers, turn and chamber barrels, gas blocks) their own rifles and compete in F class with them.

Does anyone recommend an armorer's course? Does Colt or other AR makers offer courses?

Rotor Talker
08-20-09, 18:42
Defensive Edge is having a class up your way this weekend, check their website, www.slr15.com for specifics, reported to be a very good class, I hope so, driving up tomorrow.

HTH

Bob

freakshow10mm
08-20-09, 18:50
That's a good 10-12 hour drive away from me. If I can scrape up the extra $350 I'll try to make it. I'm pretty cash poor right now after a trip to Green Bay.

Thanks for the heads up.

Ned Christiansen
08-20-09, 23:35
Freak, a PM awaits.

I say, "Yah".

freakshow10mm
08-21-09, 08:29
Freak, a PM awaits.

I say, "Yah".
Confused.:confused: Please clear the ambiguity.