PDA

View Full Version : Question: 20" non free float, can I...

Chris_C
02-06-07, 15:13
...dump the forged FSB and go with something else, IE flip up front sight.

I bought a 20" heavy bbl flat top upper that is coming with standard handguards. The seller also included a KAC two peice rail that uses the D ring and tension screws.

I want to dump the FSB, but I will need to keep the D ring.

What options do I have?

Thanks, ya'll! :D

ETA: I dont care if the new sight mounts to the rail or the gas block. I wouldn't mind getting a low profile gas block if needed. I just dont want to wast the KAC....

tikkafan
02-06-07, 15:48
Dremel!

Chris_C
02-06-07, 16:24
Dremel!

Darn good idea. Thats exactly what I will do.

Just gotta order a flip up front site now.

Hoplophile
02-11-07, 01:41
. The seller also included a KAC two peice rail that uses the D ring and tension screws.

I want to dump the FSB, but I will need to keep the D ring.

You keep using this word. But I do no think it means what you think it means. :D

The D ring is at the rear of the handguards, nowhere close to the FSB/gas block. You seem to be talking about the handguard end cap, which is needed on 2-piece handguards but is not needed on free-float handgaurds.

ETA: I dont care if the new sight mounts to the rail or the gas block. I know they're just supposed to be a backup, but I'm not sure how far I'd trust sights mounted to a non-freeflaot handguard...

I just dont want to wast the KAC....
I'm confused. How would keeping the standard front sight base be wasting the KAC handguards?