Titleist
08-21-09, 15:25
Already ordered! YAY!

lindertw
08-21-09, 15:54

Microwvbleturtle
08-21-09, 16:32
You guys just call 'em up and order?

Kind of funny seeing as how I just got my Phase 5 v2s in yesterday.

chris1280
08-21-09, 16:39
Just ordered, thanks for the heads up:D

chris1280
08-21-09, 16:43
You guys just call 'em up and order?

Kind of funny seeing as how I just got my Phase 5 v2s in yesterday.

Yes, I just called them and got the part # from the tech rep...its 100-004-755

Fire
08-21-09, 16:47
it's soooo on now! :D

Thank you Magpul

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-21-09, 18:41
They are closed for the weekend. I don't see how to order them online? Any dealers have them?

I almost ordered the EBRv2 the other day. Glad I waited.

Microwvbleturtle
08-21-09, 18:46
They are closed for the weekend. I don't see how to order them online? Any dealers have them?

Grant's of course got some on order. I'm assuming he'll get some in next week.

Oh, and thanks for rubbing it in... :)

they
08-21-09, 20:17
Why?

The standard button is easily hit with both hands, and will not come loose/break.

CCFP
08-21-09, 21:10

I ordered the EBRv2 today, about 6 hours ago, (never saw this notice until now). I'll have it in a few days. I'd think that Magpul will take a little while to get it out in quantity.

ballistic
08-21-09, 21:24
Why?

The standard button is easily hit with both hands, and will not come loose/break.

Did you read the description?

Developed from the operational experience of the Magpul® Dynamics team, the B.A.D. Lever™ (Battery Assist Device) is designed to considerably improve the speed and efficiency of the AR15/M16 bolt catch. The B.A.D. Lever™ quickly addresses reloading and malfunction clearance shortcomings of AR15/M16 platforms by extending a paddle to the right side of the weapon, allowing manipulation of the bolt stop from the fire control/ready position with the right-hand trigger finger.

See below.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y65/simplydynamic/?action=view&current=BAD_LEVER.flv

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-21-09, 23:09
Why?

So you are the "They" that is always naysaying.... :D

Dropping the bolt is one thing, you can do that ambi with a POF or Magpul lower, entry price $450. LOCKING the bolt back with the trigger finger, now that is sliced bread and wheel territory. To be able to add it to existing lowers for $30 is Dave Thomas "Frosty" territory.

It is with out a doubt the biggest advancement in bent metal rods since the Crow Bar.

Stickman
08-22-09, 02:06
Why?

I thought the same way as you, then I tried one. Below is my current duty weapon, it didn't long after using one to admit I was wrong and swallow my pride.

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Magpul%204/STCK0448-1024-Stick.jpg

koji
08-22-09, 02:21
It's about damn time. I just finished making one out of carbon fiber because I got sick of waiting. Guess I'll be calling Magpul on Monday and ordering one just in case the one I made breaks.

rob_s
08-22-09, 06:10
I thought the same way as you, then I tried one. Below is my current duty weapon, it didn't long after using one to admit I was wrong and swallow my pride.

I think we're going to see a lot of this once they are out. Some of the comments made about these levers, from the purely ignorant, have been pretty silly. The worst is "you have your finger in the trigger guard when you're not prepared to fire!" No, you don't.

At $30 retail, and once the gougers get done selling them on barf for $100, hopefully more people will get them a shot and at least then they can comment from a position of experience. Although history tells us that many of these people will make their knee-jerk initial comments and never have the sack to admit they were wrong.

PlatoCATM
08-22-09, 06:46
The worst is "you have your finger in the trigger guard when you're not prepared to fire!" No, you don't.

How is it that you aren't violating that safety rule? If you are using it to drop the bolt there may be no safety violation, as you should be on target already. But if you are trying to lock the bolt to the rear it appears that you would have to place your finger in the trigger guard to operate the lever that way, at a time you are not intending to fire.

rob_s
08-22-09, 06:57
How is it that you aren't violating that safety rule? If you are using it to drop the bolt there may be no safety violation, as you should be on target already. But if you are trying to lock the bolt to the rear it appears that you would have to place your finger in the trigger guard to operate the lever that way, at a time you are not intending to fire.

Thank you for making my point.

Go here (http://www.itstactical.com/2009/08/19/magpul-bad-vs-phase-5-ebr/). At the bottom you will see a video link. Click it to see how the lever works.

PlatoCATM
08-22-09, 07:21
So where do you address the safety infraction?

rob_s
08-22-09, 07:30

Did you watch the video or not?

Look, I don't care if you or anyone else buys one or not. In fact, I'm not even personally sold on whether I want to add them to my guns or not, but at $30 if you think there's a potential that it could be of use to you there's really no reason not to try one. It's not like you wouldn't be able to sell it after the fact.

Arguing about it on the internet, with someone with zero hands-on with the item is pretty pointless.

But thank you nonetheless for being a great example of my point.

Caeser25
08-22-09, 08:07

There is none, your finger is not inside

FromMyColdDeadHand
08-22-09, 10:17
The fact that it has the bend that extends in, thru, and past the trigger guard is the real innovation. Besides the Tac 5 EBR levers, the only ones I've seen on Bravo are ones that extend straight down. With those you would have to have go thru the trigger guard to manipulate it. And I don't think it would have all the functionality. The real key is that you can lock back the bolt. Frankly droping the bolt when inserting a mag isn't that much of an issue. This kind of gives you that third hand for clearing malfs.

Lukcily, they are not mandatory ;)

Opps, my bad I thought this was the tech forum not Magpul's forum. Didn't mean to step on Nick or whoevers toes when explaining their product.

koji
08-22-09, 11:53
For you guys that have lots of training in, I can see why you might not want to add this to your duty guns. I'm pretty new to AR's and I made my own BAD device shortly after seeing the Magpul vid and figuring out that they weren't coming out any time soon.

At this point I don't think I can go back. It's so useful when all you have to do to check/clear a malfunction is:

1. hold down lever
2. rack the charging handle with your left hand
3. turn gun slightly
4. clear malfunction
5. push lever to release the bolt.

Granted, I only had two months of doing it the "old school" way when I made my BAD but it made me quicker - sooner.

Stickman
08-22-09, 13:41

If you are putting your finger on the trigger, you are doing it wrong. I don't see how there is any "infraction".

"Don't put your finger into the trigger guard" is not a safety rule. Think about the M1, the M14, and Ruger Mini-14 etc....

Maybe this picture angle can help a bit.

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/Magpul%204/IMG_0369-A-1024-Stick.jpg

PlatoCATM
08-22-09, 14:36
Thanks for the clear pic, Stickman. I can see how much it sticks out now, but I would have to disagree with your thought on the M1, M14, etc; I think these safeties inherently violate the rule. "Finger off trigger" has been drilled into my head (and is still reiterated at current courses) as "finger indexed outside of trigger guard."

Apparently I missed some chatter on the safety issue, or lack thereof, of the BAD; however, I don't see how someone can call these ignorant and silly questions, purport that there are no safety issues, and then dismiss them with articles and such that do not address the issue. I don't disagree completely with you, Rob, and appreciate the fact that you put one on a gun with a redi-mod where it truly shines. But the fact that you dismiss any concern regarding possible safety issues is oddly defensive.

CoryCop25
08-22-09, 16:37
Yes, I just called them and got the part # from the tech rep...its 100-004-755

What is this part number from? Is it a Magpul number? Looks like a Brownell's part number but the site says not found.

rob_s
08-22-09, 17:15
I don't disagree completely with you, Rob, and appreciate the fact that you put one on a gun with a redi-mod where it truly shines. But the fact that you dismiss any concern regarding possible safety issues is oddly defensive.

and I find the idea that you think you are in a position to comment on it without having seen one in person kind of odd as well.

I haven't found anyone yet with any trigger time with one of these levers that thinks it's a "finger in the triggerguard" issue, but I've found a strangely large number of people willing to theorize on a safety issue with something they know nothing about and have never seen in person. I consider that a clue. ;)

PlatoCATM
08-22-09, 23:41
and I find the idea that you think you are in a position to comment on it without having seen one in person kind of odd as well.

I haven't found anyone yet with any trigger time with one of these levers that thinks it's a "finger in the triggerguard" issue, but I've found a strangely large number of people willing to theorize on a safety issue with something they know nothing about and have never seen in person. I consider that a clue. ;)

I haven't theorized on its use nearly as much as you theorized on the amount of free movement and then simply writing it off as a good thing since that is the way magpul made it. Perhaps it was designed this way, but even if it was you sound like you're grasping at a reason in your article.

I guess it's too much to ask for some information when the product is only $XX.

tpd223
08-23-09, 21:53
Crap.

One more thing for me to buy.

Matt2124
08-24-09, 17:41
Man I've been waiting for these to come out. Heck I think I've even had dreams about them. Then I call Magpul this morning and was told to wait and order from a dealer not from Magpul them selves. Any advice to get one to me quicker?

Matt

Chase G.
08-30-09, 21:08
You can bid on them on ebay, i just won mine today 41 dollars, free shipping:):):D:D

TOM1911
09-15-09, 17:20
Man I've been waiting for these to come out. Heck I think I've even had dreams about them. Then I call Magpul this morning and was told to wait and order from a dealer not from Magpul them selves. Any advice to get one to me quicker?

Matt

Check the EE I think LawDog537 has a couple he's selling

CharlieMike
09-29-09, 14:25
I received my BAD on Monday. I noticed that it looks a little different from pictures I've seen online. Did you guys tweak the design since your last production run?

One of the picutures I've seen online:
http://militarytimes.com/blogs/gearscout/files/2009/08/BAD2.jpg

My BAD lever:
http://www.therearemanylikeit.com/bgo/bad-and-gunfighter-latch/bad3.JPG

Chase G.
09-29-09, 20:04
:confused:They must have because mine looks like the one in the first picture.

strike2502
10-02-09, 14:07
In case anyone is having any problems ( Like I did) finding any in stock, check out the site below. Justin hasn't been around long and has BAD's and MS2's IN STOCK!!!!!

Slight mark up, but nothing like the $200 MS2 I saw on Ebay, or the $65 BAD Lever.

www.westernsportonline.com

yellowthunder
10-03-09, 02:17
I received my BAD on Monday. I noticed that it looks a little different from pictures I've seen online. Did you guys tweak the design since your last production run?
My BAD lever:
http://www.therearemanylikeit.com/bgo/bad-and-gunfighter-latch/bad3.JPG
Just go mine today and it's the same design.

It also works with my Vltor upper with no problems so far. The thicker upper receiver wall shouldn't be a problem I hope.

CoryCop25
11-10-09, 10:13
Hey guys,
I just placed an order at G&R Tactical (THANKS GRANT!) and I noticed that he has BAD levers! I acquired 2 of them a couple of weeks ago but I thought I would get the word out. I think these are very functional and it only took a couple of days of shooting and dry fire practice to get acclimated to the new device. I did, however, add an MS2 sling unexpectedly to my order! :D Hope the wife is at work when the brown truck stops by!:cool:

glocktogo
11-10-09, 13:45
I got one recently and love not having to take my firing hand off the grip to lock the bolt back with no mag in the gun. I've had no issues with the finger manipulating the B.A.D. slipping inside the trigger guard. It really speeds up the process of dropping the bolt, but should be particularly useful for clearing double feeds. Over the course of one rifle match, I was sold on it completely and found no trouble transitioning from the traditional bolt catch manual of arms.

The only issue I have (and it's a minor one) is that there's a lot of fore and aft play in the lever. This is not a flaw of the B.A.D., just a side effect of attaching an extended lever to an already wobbly part. It doesn't interfere in any way with the designed function though. I may try to shim the bolt catch to eliminate the play, but that's just to satisfy my OCD. :)

All in all, I think it's a very functional piece of kit with good fit and finish. I'll be putting them on all my black rifles. Thanks Magpul!

s85sss
11-10-09, 17:35
do you know if these are exportable?

NOLATAC
11-10-09, 18:16
Guys, I ran one of these this weekend in my Magpul Carbine 1&2 class (AAR to follow soon) and they should have named it the Badazz lever. This thing is sweet. It is intuitive and really smoothes out and speeds up your reload.

Get you hands on one as soon as you can. They are sweet.:D

CoryCop25
02-18-10, 03:20
I am looking for another BAD lever. I work at a gun shop part time and none of my Magpul reps have them, neither does Brownell's, G&R...

Anyone have any idea where I can get at least 2 more?

ForTehNguyen
02-18-10, 09:56
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=XMAG980&groupid=53

CoryCop25
02-18-10, 23:09
Thanks! I never ordered from AIM before. I noticed that most of the products listed showed how many items were available and the BAD lever did not. I ordered one and I will see what happens. Thanks for the info Nguyen.

CoryCop25
02-23-10, 09:01
BAD lever received, AIM has them! Ordered Friday and received Monday!

Strikeforcewombat
03-17-10, 12:11
Got my bad lever my build is finally complete... For now, and I'm really sorry about this but I couldn't help myself... Magpul is so bad ass it lets you have 2 tier 1 perks that is an unfair advantage...

http://i856.photobucket.com/albums/ab130/Mercenary2112/Couldnthelpmyself.jpg?t=1268845279

I wish I was rich enough to use bling.... Damn you Travis and your beautifully tricked out AR's. http://www.tomys.com.ar/web_images/awesome_face_bigger.png

CGoodwin
04-03-10, 15:31
Anyone hear any word of these coming out for the .308 platform? Or if one will work on a DPMS LR-308?
Thanks!

ForTehNguyen
04-04-10, 00:00
they said its only designed for AR15 lowers, so no go on the .308

Shooter101
04-19-10, 21:39
I have had one on my carbine since the day it was released. It is nice to use one hand to let the bolt release go instead of 2 hands.