PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Room Visit

Centerfire
08-22-09, 12:20
Took a little trip over to the E.R. last night and put nine stitches on the left side of my face. Took a nice little digger. While I was there I was pretty much appalled by what our emergency services deal with on a nightly basis. Two nasty, nasty folks came in. One on unknown drugs, threatening suicide. He hit two officers, spit on them, got blood all over nurses when the I.V. was ripped out. He was just a vile human being. Talking to my surgeon amidst him stitching my face he was explaining this was a typical night for them. My hat is off to you guys. Stay safe out there.

MIKE G
08-22-09, 12:40

Cardiac Nurse
08-27-09, 07:32
been bit,spit on,hit, kicked, pinched, "hit on", dealt with creepy crawly hands all in the line of duty as a nurse...none of it went further than the patient's medical record.

lalakai
08-27-09, 07:54
there is "Karma" at times. We took in a kid that was stoned and drunk, covered in multiple types of body fluids and materials. He alternated between trying to kiss, bite, spit or thow up on us while we held him down for blood draw. Come time for the foley and all the nurses were jumping for the chance; i think they got the biggest gauge they could find. Funniest part was hearing the guy start yelling for his "mmmmmaaaaaaaaaaa".

Two days later the same kid shows up at the station and appologized to everyone for acting the way he did. Kid seemed pretty straight about it. We haven't had a negative situation with him since, so.......................good learning lesson.

montanadave
08-27-09, 07:56
been bit,spit on,hit, kicked, pinched, "hit on", dealt with creepy crawly hands all in the line of duty as a nurse...none of it went further than the patient's medical record.

And that's just the visiting family members... don't even get started on the patients themselves. :D

Cardiac Nurse
08-27-09, 07:58
And that's just the visiting family members... don't even get started on the patients themselves. :D

LOL....

JSandi
08-27-09, 17:49
One night while working my usual haunt in one of Trashvilles finer neighborhoods I responded to an assist EMS all for an unruly homeless guy.

The guy was just being a grade A buttmunch when one of the female Paramedics hauled off and smacked the shit out of him with a bag of IV fluids.

Then loudly announced if he grabbed her crotch again she was going up side his head with a fire extinguisher.

He settled down after that exchange.
:D

sandman99and9
08-27-09, 18:18
One night while working my usual haunt in one of Trashvilles finer neighborhoods I responded to an assist EMS all for an unruly homeless guy.

The guy was just being a grade A buttmunch when one of the female Paramedics hauled off and smacked the shit out of him with a bag of IV fluids.

Then loudly announced if he grabbed her crotch again she was going up side his head with a fire extinguisher.

He settled down after that exchange.
:D

Hahahaha, that is funny ! I worked in Nashville for 4 years and met a lot of very cool Metro cops up there. I loved it up there but my wife got homesick for central florida and we came back, don't ask me why.

s.m.