PDA

View Full Version : New ak rail?

SoDak
08-22-09, 16:32
I've been thinking about upgrading my ak since MI has come out with what looks like a solid, but affordable railed handguard. I had a few questions about them before I buy one. Will these work on saiga rifles? Also are these currently shipping in all three colors? I might have a few more questions, but those are the only ones I can think of right now.
ETA. I had one other question. Is there any provision to keep the handguard from rotating in the event that the optic or a vertical foregrip got hit(thus throwing off the zero of the optic) or did you find that the barrel clamp was solid enough to keep this from happening? Thanks.

Stickman
09-03-09, 22:00
I've got one that I like, I thought all the colors were ready, but I'll leave it to the MI crew to answer your questions as I'm not 100% sure.

http://stickman.rainierarms.com/galleries/AK/0O2P0083-A-1024-Stick.jpg

Gramps
09-04-09, 00:31
The ultimak and a lower rail offer good stability and even with a cheep ass rds, lower 1/3 co-wittiness. This from some unemployed old man.

Terry
10-23-09, 09:05
tag
Terry.

Midwest Industries
12-18-09, 12:49
Our
ak rails are selling like crazy. They are available In all three colors and are 100 percent made in the USA.:D
THANKS
TROY
MI

Midwest Industries
07-06-10, 11:33
These rails are now available in a GALIL / GOLANI version
TROY
MIDWEST

jsebens
08-21-10, 09:58
Is the top rail low enough to allow for cowitness of an optic and irons?

Is there some provision to keep the rail from rotating and losing zero on an optic?

Midwest Industries
08-23-10, 07:58
yes there is a antio rotation feature built into the hand guard. True co wit ness and lower on third are hard with a rail mount but keep your eyes open we are working on that.
thanks
TROY
MI