PDA

View Full Version : Senate Bill 1317 (scary!)

BiggLee71
08-23-09, 21:40
Hey fella's,have you guys heard of this new bill ,1317,proposed by Sen.Frank Lautenberg (D.) New Jersey? Truly scary,Orwellian stuff.I still cant believe that this type of legislation is being considered in America! Maybe Iran or Communist China,but America!This is way scarier than Any anti-gun legislation that I've ever heard proposed in our country.It's downright anti-american! As usual though,its packaged and marketed as a measure that is somehow going to save us all.Truth be told,its looking to enslave us! I've read exerpts of this bill in the NRA's magazine which i think the title has "freedom" in it.I am unfamiliar with this magazine because i've been reading American Rifleman for the last 30+ years.I think i may switch my NRA subscription though! Anyway,here's a quick and partial summary from the magazine.hopefully this snipet of info will pique your interest and you guys can get to work doing a little digging on your own on this truly frightening piece of legislation.
"Denying Firearms and Explosives to Dangerous Terrorists Act of 2009"
Senate Bill 1317
This law would bestow unilateral dictatorial powers to the U.S Attorney General to subjectively make what the Justice Department calls a "dangerous terrorist determination"-a secret edict that specifically strips an individual American of their 2nd Amendment rights and any rights to due process.It would literally give the A.G,whoever that might be,stealth power to turn ANY citizen into an instant felon!
Guys,this is a very small description of what is contained in this terrible bill! Please do some research.If this bill passes,our country as we know it,is done! All the battles against the gun-grabber's in the past are miniscule compared to this truly horrific piece of crap legislation.No wonder the current administration has made no anti-gun overtures.I guess they figured out that they dont have to fight "small" battles against the NRA and the citizens when they could decisively end the war once and for all against us with this legislation.

EvilSpeculator556
08-23-09, 21:48
Hey fella's,have you guys heard of this new bill ,1317,proposed by Sen.Frank Lautenberg (D.) New Jersey? Truly scary,Orwellian stuff.I still cant believe that this type of legislation is being considered in America! Maybe Iran or Communist China,but America!This is way scarier than Any anti-gun legislation that I've ever heard proposed in our country.It's downright anti-american! As usual though,its packaged and marketed as a measure that is somehow going to save us all.Truth be told,its looking to enslave us! I've read exerpts of this bill in the NRA's magazine which i think the title has "freedom" in it.I am unfamiliar with this magazine because i've been reading American Rifleman for the last 30+ years.I think i may switch my NRA subscription though! Anyway,here's a quick and partial summary from the magazine.hopefully this snipet of info will pique your interest and you guys can get to work doing a little digging on your own on this truly frightening piece of legislation.
"Denying Firearms and Explosives to Dangerous Terrorists Act of 2009"
Senate Bill 1317
This law would bestow unilateral dictatorial powers to the U.S Attorney General to subjectively make what the Justice Department calls a "dangerous terrorist determination"-a secret edict that specifically strips an individual American of their 2nd Amendment rights and any rights to due process.It would literally give the A.G,whoever that might be,stealth power to turn ANY citizen into an instant felon!
Guys,this is a very small description of what is contained in this terrible bill! Please do some research.If this bill passes,our country as we know it,is done! All the battles against the gun-grabber's in the past are miniscule compared to this truly horrific piece of crap legislation.No wonder the current administration has made no anti-gun overtures.I guess they figured out that they dont have to fight "small" battles against the NRA and the citizens when they could decisively end the war once and for all against us with this legislation.

What's wrong? You thought you were free or thought of as an adult in the tyrannts eye?

Preferred User
08-23-09, 21:51
This probably belongs in the sticky on GC.

But FWIW if you thought the Patriot Act was the end of the secret lists you thought wrong.

S. 1317:
111th Congress

Denying Firearms and Explosives to Dangerous Terrorists Act of 2009 (http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s111-1317)

A bill to increase public safety by permitting the Attorney General to deny the transfer of firearms or the issuance of firearms and explosives licenses to known or suspected dangerous terrorists.

EvilSpeculator556
08-23-09, 21:55
A bill to increase public safety by permitting the Attorney General to deny the transfer of firearms or the issuance of firearms and explosives licenses to known or suspected dangerous terrorists.

.....or to ban people from owning a gun who have the same name as a terrorist or maybe someone who doesn't agree with Holder's political persuasion or Rahm's. Rahm is the goof ball who came up with this.

BiggLee71
08-23-09, 22:13
....like I sais guys,these bilss are cleverly marketed to an unsuspecting population as measures put in place to protect us somehow.What it does in reality is give politicians the ability to declare anyone at anytime a felon without any proof,due process...nothing!! If the politicians dont like you,for whatever reason,YOU ARE FINISHED! you are done,no questions asked by your relatives/friends will be answered.Actually,people inquiring to your whereabouts most likely find themselves in the same position!
This is by far the biggest threat to the American way of life ever and we are facing it right now.To realize the threat is internal is truly disturbing.Guess this falls right in line with DHS' assesment that all returning soldiers are "possible terrorists".Truly disturbing times indeed.
thnx for the link as well Preferred User,EVERYBODY needs to read this ASAP! oh yeah,the name of the mag containing this article is "Americ'a First Freedom".Its an NRA publication.If you can get hold of it,read the article.I just did a quick once over of the first few pages of the bill and it just looks like some more benign legal mumbo-jumbo.A truly alarming insight into how the politicians view the citizens of this country.

Gutshot John
08-23-09, 22:16
Let's see, introduced 3 months ago, no co-sponsors and "referred to committee" with no further action.

One of thousands of bills introduced in either house that goes nowhere.

montanadave
08-23-09, 22:32
I trust you were equally outraged by the euphemistically entitled Patriot Act?

BiggLee71
08-23-09, 22:34
I trust you were equally outraged by the euphemistically entitled Patriot Act?

But of course!:D...

Preferred User
08-23-09, 22:40
.....or to ban people from owning a gun who have the same name as a terrorist or maybe someone who doesn't agree with Holder's political persuasion or Rahm's. Rahm is the goof ball who came up with this.

Just quoting the original description of the Bill. Don't shoot the messenger.

A-Bear680
08-24-09, 06:36
Dead right there.

Let's see, introduced 3 months ago, no co-sponsors and "referred to committee" with no further action.

One of thousands of bills introduced in either house that goes nowhere.

Bills like this are a great excuse to send letters & e-mails to elected officials. As a few people learned just a few months ago , bills with no co-sponsors are a very bad reason to pay $1.500 for a DPMS or $400 for a case of Wolf.

kaiservontexas
08-24-09, 10:38
Dead right there.

Bills like this are a great excuse to send letters & e-mails to elected officials. As a few people learned just a few months ago , bills with no co-sponsors are a very bad reason to pay $1.500 for a DPMS or $400 for a case of Wolf.

God I hated the panic. I am still waiting for ammo to come down a bit in certain regards.

browningboy84
08-24-09, 11:42
God I hated the panic. I am still waiting for ammo to come down a bit in certain regards.

I am still waiting for primers to stop being so scarce. I have enough for about another 6 months to get me by. I love reloading, it helps me be able to afford to shoot. It did make the libs realize how powerful of a force gun owners are. We gave our own stimulus to the economy. The DPMS stockholders should be very happy.