PDA

View Full Version : Best brand of Skeleton Stock ?

Tang419
02-07-07, 01:12
I really want to replace my collapsible stock with a skeleton stock. Just unsure of which brand to go with, and what size. Im assuming the full size is the same lenght as an A2 stock ? Do I have to change anything on the reciever to make it work ? Who's best to buy from ?

Thanks in advance

PS.... Any pics of M4's with shjorty skeleton stocks ?

Robb Jensen
02-07-07, 05:57
I really want to replace my collapsible stock with a skeleton stock. Just unsure of which brand to go with, and what size. Im assuming the full size is the same lenght as an A2 stock ? Do I have to change anything on the reciever to make it work ? Who's best to buy from ?

Thanks in advance

I think the only short skeleton stock is ACE (http://riflestocks.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=75_77).

Mooneys
02-07-07, 07:54

Thanks in advance

The ACE get's my vote as well.
http://mooneysfirearms.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=37

If you're thinking the shorty (Entry) route i would suggest any of the collaspable models. You'll have more versatility.

PS...I have the ACE in stock...Free Shipping :D

Texfire
02-07-07, 19:57
I have an ACE stock and they are very well built!!

Hoplophile
02-11-07, 01:32
Im assuming the full size is the same lenght as an A2 stock ? Assuming that you are talking about Ace stocks, the full length stock is A1 length and the shorter entry stock is the same length as a carbine stock that is fully collapsed. There are rubber buttpads that you can can add to the stocks and the shorter 1/2" buttpad will make the rifle length stock about the same as an A2 length stock, if that's what you want.

Do I have to change anything on the reciever to make it work ? The rifle length stock installs on a rifle length buffer tube just like a normal A1 or A2 stock. The shorter stock uses (obviously) a shorter buffer tube. Since you currently have a collapsible stock you'll have to replace the buffer tube to install either of these stocks.