PDA

View Full Version : 4X4!!!

thedog
08-24-09, 01:16
How many times have you seen a vehicle with "4x4" stickers on it and you know it isn't a 4X4 ???

I have been seeing this more and more lately, but have not had the opportunity to confront said morons with a casual comment.

Anybody else? And did you comment?

dog

ryanm
08-24-09, 01:32
Chevy didn't make a Type-R 4x4 Z71 Cobalt???

thedog
08-24-09, 01:58
Chevy didn't make a Type-R 4x4 Z71 Cobalt???

A "friend" down the way painted his S-10 with HOUSE PAINT, and even put 454SS on the rear fenders!!!:D But he's like 110 yrs. old...

dog

Army Chief
08-24-09, 02:43
Personally, I'm a lot more impressed by a real 4x4 with no stickers whatsoever. :)

AC

thedog
08-24-09, 03:20
Personally, I'm a lot more impressed by a real 4x4 with no stickers whatsoever. :)

AC

Good call! I agree. And the other folks who put the stickers on? Get real! I have a semi-auto only AR. I am NOT going to put a full auto moniker on the lower receiver just because I can, and it's not real!!

dog

rob_s
08-24-09, 06:31
Man, I haven't seen anything like that in a long time.. "4x4" doesn't mean much 'round here. Back home there was a stigma around having a "city truck" and a few kids in my high school in the '80s put the stickers on.

Telecomtodd
08-24-09, 08:10
Here in the Carolinas we have a problem with transplants (I used to be one a long time ago) and dumbasses driving 2WD SUVs into sand, ice, or reasonable water and getting stuck. They think their vehicles have magical capabilities because they have an SUV, but they don't understand the math as why they won't work. Too bad they didn't pay the extra $1200 for that transaxle option. When given a chance to talk to a hesitant driver, it's worth it to look for the "4X4" plate on a truck or give a warning to the driver that it ain't gonna swing it. Most are thankful that someone else gave them the heads-up so they don't have to explain to their spouse why they f-ed up the truck, or why they chickened out and decided not to go for it.

Army Chief
08-24-09, 12:04
To some degree, this reminds me of people putting ///M badges on regular BMW 3 and 5 series cars. What's the point? I used to drive a de-badged M5, and now I drive a de-badged M3: my thinking is that either (a) you already know what the car is, or (b) it really doesn't matter.

Our cultural preoccupation with style over substance continues to amaze me. How did we ever get to this point, anyway?

AC

rob_s
08-24-09, 12:04
Our cultural preoccupation with style over substance continues to amaze me. How did we ever get to this point, anyway?

Come for a visit down this way and I'll show you.

stevenhyde
08-24-09, 12:59
No badges on my E30 m3 or my mustang. You can tell by the fender flares theyre not your average stang and bimmer.

I dont see too many fake 4X4 stickers but i do see alot of honda civic and accord "gt-r".
Ive even seen a non-turbo civic with a turbo badge off a 911 on it.

To some degree, this reminds me of people putting ///M badges on regular BMW 3 and 5 series cars. What's the point? I used to drive a de-badged M5, and now I drive a de-badged M3: my thinking is that either (a) you already know what the car is, or (b) it really doesn't matter.

AC

11Bravo
08-24-09, 14:24
AC

You'd have gotten all wiggly over my Cherokee then.
Took off all the badges except the JEEP above the grill.
Then "painted" the whole thing with Herculiner. :D

And I've found that I get stick more with 4x4 than two wheel drive.
I spend quite a bit of time scratching my chin saying "yeah, I might be able to make it."
"Ah hell, why not...?"
STUCK!!!
With two wheel drive I don't even try.

D.O.B.A
08-24-09, 15:01
I have a 97 Wrangler with "Alot" of offroading upgrades, probably 10k worth! I always Laugh and have to shake my head when I walk past a completely stock, detailed (complete with tire shine) Jeep, and they have the --"It's a Jeep thing! You wouldn't understand it!" Sticker in six inch lettering across the windshield. :rolleyes:

MarshallDodge
08-24-09, 16:27
Come for a visit down this way and I'll show you.

Ain't that the truth. My brother-in-law lives in Westin and just bought a new MB E350. Nice car, but I am sure he bought it for the label.