PDA

View Full Version : Yankee Hill on the Comaprison chart?

Saym14
08-26-09, 23:34
where do you experts think a Yankee Hill Machine M4 would fall on this chart? between CMMG and Stag? higher or lower?

rob_s
08-27-09, 04:45
FWIW, I emailed them after SHOT and didn't hear back.

A general note though...

At this point there is very little liklihood of many more makers getting added to the Chart itself unless they show themselves to be residing closer to the left side than the right or unless someone starts making one that they are selling quantities in the thousands instead of the hundreds. Looking at the current version of the Chart, you have the big boys like Colt, DPMS, Bushmaster, etc. and then you have some of the more boutique makers like Noveske, DD, BCM, etc. that may not sell near the volume of the others but make a fantastic product. Similar small-quantity makers like Spikes, Anvil, Wilson, Baer, YHM etc. aren't worth putting on the Chart because they are both low quantity and tend more towards the right side of the Chart.

I would love to add everyone. The problem becomes one of management and the Chart gets obnoxiously large with too many of these brands added. Eventually it may be worth adding them to one version just so they're all recorded, but I'm still putting a bigger focus on the E of F and moving away from focusing on the Chart.

For those prospective buyers that are curious as to the specs of some of these makers, a simple phone call or email asking them which of the specs they meet should suffice.

here is a list of makers that would be nice to add but aren't high on my list of priorities to research:
Anvil Arms
DSA
Les Baer
Spike's Tactical
Wilson Combat
Yankee Hill Machine

rmecapn
08-27-09, 09:13
here is a list of makers that would be nice to add but aren't high on my list of priorities to research:
Anvil Arms
DSA
Les Baer
Spike's Tactical
Wilson Combat
Yankee Hill Machine

And there are others like ADS and Superior Arms. But, as you indicated Rob, why? The EoF is all we really need. Let the concerned buyer take the EoF and contact the manufacturer and go to the dealer and view the weapon themselves. We've discussed this before, the EoF is the critical piece of information, not the chart itself.

Saym14
08-27-09, 12:16
thanks - but what is the E of F ?

Detective_D
08-27-09, 12:32
Explanation of Features.....I think.
~D

rob_s
08-27-09, 12:36
Explanation of Features.....I think.
~D

Yes, sorry, I usually say that first before using the abbreviation.

The Explanation of Features is all the words that most people skip right over to get to the Chart, and consequently rarely understand what they are looking at on the Chart, or why they are getting themselves so wound up about the Chart.

Detective_D
08-27-09, 12:58
Yeah, I just re-read the E of F again today, because there was a couple of questions that I had about my LMT that I already have.

Thank you for the explanation of everything...it sure helps.
~D

Spiffums
08-27-09, 14:33
Yes, sorry, I usually say that first before using the abbreviation.

The Explanation of Features is all the words that most people skip right over to get to the Chart, and consequently rarely understand what they are looking at on the Chart, or why they are getting themselves so wound up about the Chart.

Kinda like why there are 10 page flame wars over if a castle nut is staked or not? :D