PDA

View Full Version : Just Got an LMT

RAVENEDGE
08-27-09, 21:22
Hi All, I'm new to the forums here and just picked up an LMT CQBPS16. Putting a Burris Fast Fire II on it with a Burris 3x Magnifier. Figured it be OK for now until I can get an EOTech later. So, as a newbie ... How have I done so far??? Take Very Good Care and Be Safe Always.

-RAVENEDGE-

thompson1774
08-27-09, 21:40
Welcome to the forums. Hope you can post some pictures of your new toy...

RAVENEDGE
08-27-09, 21:49
Welcome to the forums. Hope you can post some pictures of your new toy...

Hey thompson 1774, I'm hoping to get some pics as soon as I get it put together... and actually post it in the right area :rolleyes: ...Sorry gents. Thanks for the welcome, Take Good Care and Be Safe Always.

-RAVENEDGE-

Jer
08-28-09, 00:11
Welcome aboard. What part of Colorado are you in?

RAVENEDGE
08-28-09, 00:28
Welcome aboard. What part of Colorado are you in?

Hi Jer, Thanks for the welcome ... Here in Trinidad, CO.

-RAVENEDGE-

Jer
08-28-09, 00:47
Hi Jer, Thanks for the welcome ... Here in Trinidad, CO.

-RAVENEDGE-

Good deal. Enjoy your stay!

bkb0000
08-28-09, 01:04
welcome.. LMT is good gunnery, you did well. i strongly suggest not blowing money (doesn't all that stuff come to like $500?) on the burris stuff. buy ammo instead, get acquainted with your weapon and it's wonderful irons, and save up for a good RDS.

irons are good. don't fear the irons.

RAVENEDGE
08-28-09, 12:37
welcome.. LMT is good gunnery, you did well. i strongly suggest not blowing money (doesn't all that stuff come to like $500?) on the burris stuff. buy ammo instead, get acquainted with your weapon and it's wonderful irons, and save up for a good RDS.

irons are good. don't fear the irons.

Hi bkb0000, Already have the Burris stuff on the way ... cost about $400. Cool thing is I very rarely have to buy the ammo, because my department supplies it and I have the luck of being the Firearms Instructor for our department.

I plan on sighting in the LMT here real soon with the irons. When I went through my Patrol Rifle Instructor Course, I was trying a buddies EOTech and really liked it. I use the irons on my department issued Olympic Arms, but decided to get my own weapon and set it up the way I want. It'll go great with my DPMS SASS 7.62 NATO/.308. The DPMS is the rifle I'll be using when I go through the sniper course. I got selected to be the sniper for our ERT.

The SASS is my personal weapon I acquired as a B-Day gift from my girlfriend. The department approved it for the course, so I'll be putting it to use. Hopefully I can get some decent pics to post. Take Very Good Care and Be Safe Always.

-RAVENEDGE-

ColdDeadHands
08-28-09, 12:55
Congrats! If your LMT is anything like mine you will love it! You did well.:cool:

Rider79
08-28-09, 13:51
...my department issued Olympic Arms...

Does your department not like you guys or something? You're miles ahead of your co-workers now, just by picking up the LMT.

ETA: Curious to see how the DPMS does in the course you're taking. Let us know.

RAVENEDGE
08-28-09, 15:13
Does your department not like you guys or something? You're miles ahead of your co-workers now, just by picking up the LMT.

ETA: Curious to see how the DPMS does in the course you're taking. Let us know.

Hi Rider79, I've used this Olympic Arm's AR for a bit now ...never had any issues with it. Used it when I went through the Patrol Rifle Instructor Course with no issues and put between 500 and 700 rounds through it with no problems. Figure it's an OK weapon ...of course besides this rifle, I've only shot Colt and Bushmaster.

When I was looking at the LMT, it felt so NATURAL. I hadn't heard a whole lot about LMT. When I was looking, I was dead set on getting a POF, but liked how comfortable the LMT was. I was in fear of getting something inferior, because of my lack of knowledge about LMT. So, I started doing the research and figured if I didn't like what I found out, I could always take it back and exchange it for something else. To my surprise, I found out I actually got a very decent AR and found out that LMT is one of the better ARs out there. Just glad I found it :).

As for the SASS ... will do Sir. A friend and I went to the range a few weeks ago to sight it in. He took his bolt action (Remington model 700) out to fine tune it. The SASS was really close to the bolt action round for round for accuracy. Of course technology has come a very long way. Once we had it zeroed in, we did some silhouette shooting and the SASS was dead on at 200 meters. Still trying different ammo to see which one it likes. One thing for sure, the SASS doesn't have near the recoil as the bolt, because of the weight ... this SASS is a BEAST :D. I will definitely keep you all updated ;). Take Good Care and Be Safe Always.

-RAVENEDGE-