PDA

View Full Version : SPR-E mounting question

RyanS
02-08-07, 08:51
I just received my SPR-E for my TR21 yesterday. I was installing the scope lastnight and began to wonder if there was a "proper" technique for tightening down the screws. Is there a specific order or process that will prevent torquing or stress on the scope tube? Thanks.

C4IGrant
02-08-07, 10:38
I just received my SPR-E for my TR21 yesterday. I was installing the scope lastnight and began to wonder if there was a "proper" technique for tightening down the screws. Is there a specific order or process that will prevent torquing or stress on the scope tube? Thanks.

For mounting the optic, you tighten the bottom screws first and then the top ones.

C4

RyanS
02-08-07, 10:46
For mounting the optic, you tighten the bottom screws first and then the top ones.

C4

Thanks Grant.

So I completely tighten all four bottom screws first?

As far as the top screws go, can I just work my way down the scope in tightening them down? Do I partially tighten down say, going from front to back, screw 1, then screw 3, then screw 2 and last screw 4, repeat, until totally tight? Or do I partially tighten 1, then 2, then 3, then 4, and repeat until tight? Does it matter.

C4IGrant
02-08-07, 11:49
Thanks Grant.

So I completely tighten all four bottom screws first?

As far as the top screws go, can I just work my way down the scope in tightening them down? Do I partially tighten down say, going from front to back, screw 1, then screw 3, then screw 2 and last screw 4, repeat, until totally tight? Or do I partially tighten 1, then 2, then 3, then 4, and repeat until tight? Does it matter.

Yes, completely tighten the bottom screws. I don't think it matters how you do that top ones.

C4

RyanS
02-08-07, 13:10
Thanks Grant.