PDA

View Full Version : Rail mounted front B.U.I.S.

Biggy
08-28-09, 12:04
I often wondered about how well these hold zero or point of impact after hard blows to the forward ends of the rails. I would rather not assume anything no matter who's name is on the rail and am thinking about doing some testing on this to find out once and for all . I will also call the top two manufacturers to see if they can supply me with any info or documentation on this. I know rails can flex, bend or break depending on the amount of force applied so I want to keep the testing practical but realistic. I just feel that if you ever (really) need your B.U.I.S.'S they better be right. Yeah i know, if you are running a RDS it can be used as a large ghost ring sight at close range but then why mess with B.U.I.S.'S ? Anyways when i finish the testing i will repost with the results.

mmike87
08-28-09, 15:24
As long as you have a good quality rail that is properly installed, I wouldn't (don't) worry about it.

They are backup sights ... and even IF the POI changes a tad at the ranges you'll likely be using your rifle for self defense it probably will not matter anyway. Most people are not taking 500 meter shots with their BUIS ... :)