PDA

View Full Version : SBR Form 1

jwfuhrman
08-29-09, 14:00
Ok, so I filed a Form 1, its "in Review". When I get it back, do I need to engrave/stamp the number on the Lower since it was a Form 1 for a Bushmaster lower? not sure how all of it works, first SBR build

FR0GMAN
08-29-09, 19:03
If you are referring to the number the ATF stamps on your Form........... No.

jwfuhrman
08-29-09, 19:04
If you are referring to the number the ATF stamps on your Form........... No.

ok, I just see people posting about engraving a number or something. Just didnt know what that meant, or if I had to do that.

CAR-AR-M16
08-29-09, 19:59
Since YOU filed a Form 1, YOU are the manufacturer of the NFA weapon and YOUR info (name, city and state) needs to be engraved on it. That is assuming you used the weapons original serial # on the Form 1. If you made up a new serial # and put that on the Form 1 then you need to engrave that new serial # as well.

LonghunterCO
08-29-09, 20:19
Since YOU filed a Form 1, YOU are the manufacturer of the NFA weapon and YOUR info (name, city and state) needs to be engraved on it. That is assuming you used the weapons original serial # on the Form 1. If you made up a new serial # and put that on the Form 1 then you need to engrave that new serial # as well.

This. but would only add or your Trust's name, City, and state if you filed as a trust.

jwfuhrman
08-29-09, 20:21
i filed as an individual, do i still put my name and what not?

CAR-AR-M16
08-29-09, 22:48

Yes, you put your name, city and state.

Jer
08-30-09, 10:29

When you filed out the form 1 did you use the serial number that was already on the lower for the space on the form asking for the serial number?

jwfuhrman
08-30-09, 18:15
When you filed out the form 1 did you use the serial number that was already on the lower for the space on the form asking for the serial number?

yes that i did

Jer
08-30-09, 19:28
yes that i did

Then that's the serial number for the receiver. No need to add any other #'s to it but you'll need your name and city/state.

jwfuhrman
09-10-09, 08:38
does it need to be engraved or can it be stamped to the receiver? We do stamping at work and was wondering if that would be a possibility.

erik_
09-10-09, 09:08
does it need to be engraved or can it be stamped to the receiver? We do stamping at work and was wondering if that would be a possibility.
As long as it meets the requirements (0.03" deep and 1/16" tall minimum), it can be mechanically engraved, chemically etched, laser etched, media blasted, rolled, stamped, or carved out by hand.

Mechanical engraving is the most popular method due to the depth requirement since 0.03" (just shy of 1/32") is relatively deep.

jwfuhrman
09-10-09, 10:18
yep, thats not a problem. its actually hand stamped. We make Carbine and Diamond Wire Drawing Dies and have to stamp the size and company logo on each one, all done by hand.....

erik_
09-10-09, 11:11
We make Carbine and Diamond Wire Drawing Dies...
Carbine? I'd think Carbide would be a better material for wire dies. :D

jwfuhrman
09-10-09, 14:06
well you can tell whats on my mind most of the day at work haha.

panzerr
09-12-09, 05:53
Yes, you put your name, city and state.

So what if you move?

Celer
09-12-09, 15:27
If <insert AR manufacturer here> moved from the location stamped on their receivers, would they have to retroactively re-stamp all the receivers they ever sold?

Same situation here, You are the manufacturer upon approval of a form 1. You should call the BATFE when you plan to move, and ask them what needs to be done.

However, once the receiver is marked with the approved form 1 info, it stays that way.