PDA

View Full Version : Magpul's turn around time?

sdacbob
08-30-09, 10:29
Does anyone know what the turn around time is when ordering from their website? The account section is never updated as it just shows order pending...even from my last order back in January.

Gutshot John
08-30-09, 10:36
Does anyone know what the turn around time is when ordering from their website? The account section is never updated as it just shows order pending...even from my last order back in January.

Turn around time can be a while in my experience. Have you been charged for your item? Have you tried to email them? If it's been since January, I'd bet they closed the order and you should simply go to one of their dealers to get what you want.

Magpul is a manufacturer more than a retailer. They gently encourage their customers to shop with their dealers especially on their more popular items.

kwelz
08-30-09, 10:55
If it is in stock then you usually see about a week turn around time. Maybe a bit mroe if they are busy. Have you tried calling them to ask?

RetreatHell
08-30-09, 11:41
I ordered an MS2 sling from Magpul's website a few months ago when they first came out and never received it. I'm assuming it was because they were swamped with orders and I simply got on it too late, before they had a chance to prevent people from ordering them (i.e. like how it now says "Coming Soon" when you look at the MS2 slings).

My order was obviously cancelled. No biggie, because like I said, I just got there too late and all of the MS2s were already spoken for.

I went back to Magpul's site a few weeks ago and noticed that they were taking orders again for the MS2 sling, so I went ahead and ordered one. I was charged for it a couple days later, then received a tracking number from Magpul via email, then received the MS2 sling a week after ordering it.

So as long as the item you order is in stock, Magpul's turnaround time is roughly one week. Just know that everyone wants Magpul's gear right now and that some of it is VERY hard to get (i.e. MS2 Slings, UBR Stocks, etc...).

Hope this helps you out, bro.

RojasTKD
08-30-09, 12:08
After my first experience, I avoid ordering direct from Magpul.

I ordered a AOTTC DVD from their site. After more than a week it was still pending and I sent an e-mail asking if it was in stock. After a week without a reply I sent another e-mail asking to cancel the order and bought it somewhere else. After about a week I got a reply saying it was already sent. So I ended up with two and Just sold one on this site, at a loss of course.

Of course this was at the right of the craziness... Still, I think I'll stick to sites who's main business is selling and shipping out stuff.

sdacbob
08-30-09, 16:27
No, I received the January order long ago but it still shows as pending on my account page along with my current order. I recently ordered some FDE MOE handguards with 2 rails and the MOE/CTR extended buttpad. Just because they're a manufacturer and not a retailer is not much of an excuse if the offer sales through their website. I've seen the handguards offered by retailers but I never see the rail sections that go with it.

glockeyed
08-30-09, 16:37
i just received FG moe handguards friday. they were on backorder for the last 2 weeks.

it took them a week to process the in stock items. and i still have a stock on BO. I only ordered thought them because i thought they were in stock.

maybe FDE is next ;)

love the product, but i won't got through them again.